TVTLQ - Chapter 139

TVTLQ - Chapter 139

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was very surprised inside.

Erendis Hotel was built by the first Duke of Altemir for his beloved wife and was the oldest business that has been in the history of the dukedom.

It initially started out as a single building in the capital, but now had many chain stores throughout the empire.

It may have monetary value, but it was a very meaningful project from a historical perspective.

But you're going to give it to me?

'The hotel doesn't bring in a lot of income right away. However, if I manage it well, I can steadily increase sales.'

In particular, Erendis is an established hotel, so there is no need for initial investment costs. Of course, I need to look at the internal situation to see how it is actually being operated...

Is it because I was presented with a carrot that was much bigger than I expected?

The calculator was busy running in my head.

I weighed the loss I would incur by missing the festival and the benefit of gaining control of the huge hotel business.

'No matter how I think about it, it's more beneficial to get a hotel.'

If there are no special defects in the hotel business, such as debt, it is advantageous for me to enter into this contract.

If the negotiations broke down, there would eventually be a trial, which was only meant to get revenge on Calix, but it was not a way to compensate for all of the losses.

'But there is no reason for Calix to make such an advantageous offer to me first.'

I was concerned about the identity of the request he had not revealed yet.

After contemplating his expression,  I asked him.

"By the way, is there one more thing you'd like to ask for besides the festival contract?"

Calix uncrossed his legs and sat down.

"Please pretend to be my lover."

The scale, which had been tilted towards the hotel, has now returned to the right side.

I asked back, not believing what I heard.

"What did you say just now?"

"I asked you to pretend to be my lover?"

"Acting as your lover?"

"Yes."

"What are you doing for? No way.."

The moment I heard Calix's words, the first thing I thought of was his past comments about liking me.

As my frown frowned, Calix added calmly.

"I come to show it to His Majesty the Emperor. I have a woman in mind, but I cannot be engaged to the Fifth Princess."

"It's not like His Majesty wants to pursue an engagement right now, is he?" 

"After the wedding of Princess Penelope, His Majesty the Emperor and the Empress have been trying to quickly find partners for their children. Moreover, although there was no official mention, he has continuously revealed his true feelings to me until now. So much so that I had to quickly find someone to take its place."

'Wait. Then, everything you've told me you like so far...?'

I always wondered why Calix, who had no connection with me, said he liked me...

I was often embarrassed because his confessions seemed sincere

And when he stopped approaching me, I was relieved that he had finally given up on me.

But it was all an act?

To avoid the Emperor's pressure, he had to pretend to have someone he liked, but he just chose me?

No words came out...

I didn't know how to express what I was feeling right now.

Clearly, I came here today with the intention of properly questioning Calix for the atrocities he committed and obtaining the negotiation results I wanted.

What I got when I came here was a severe headache.

'If Calix didn't like me. I should definitely be happy.'

But why am I so upset?

"Duke, Your acting skills are truly outstanding."

A sarcastic remark was made without me knowing, but Calix did not reply.

I glanced at him, but I couldn't read his inner thoughts on his expressionless face.

I questioned.

"But I still find it difficult to understand the Duke's request. Why are you suggesting that to me? I understand that the Erendis Hotel is a business of great significance to the Duke family. Do you hate marriage so much that you would choose to hand over such a hotel to me?"

Is my cooperation worth that much?

I don't think so.

Above all, this was a choice uncharacteristic of Calix, who had grown the company without blood or tears until now.

"And if it's inconvenient because the 5th Princess is still too young, shouldn't you be able to ask another Princess of a similar age? It appears that you may have persuaded the imperial family that you would fulfill your duty in some other way instead of marriage. Or, wouldn't it be possible for you to avoid your obligation by paying the royal family for the hotel business rights that you would give me in return?"

"I don't think there is any difference in asking favors from other Princesses in that my freedom is restricted due to my belonging to the imperial family. Fulfilling my obligations in other ways instead of getting married is what I have been doing up until now. Recently, Alter Trading has become difficult due to poor performance thanks to a company that has grown rapidly."

I frowned.

No, the sluggish sales of Alter Company are due to your poor management. Why are you making it seem like it's my fault?

"Furthermore, once I hand over the hotel business rights to the imperial family, that will begin and Altemir will have to pay more and more to the imperial family. The imperial family already thinks that Altemir has excessive wealth."

"Does that mean you would rather hand it over to someone else?"

"Yes, that's right."

He straightened his back and smiled.

"If you pay it to the imperial family, that's it, but if it's in your hands, wouldn't it be possible to get it back soon?"

"Haaa."

I was shocked by the other person's provocation and let out a laugh. So now you're telling me that you won't be able to receive it properly even if you hand over the business rights, so you're not worried?

'Of course, suddenly taking over a big business could be a poisoned chalice for me.'

Still, he is extremely arrogant.

I was almost curious where that confidence came from.

I asked, tilting my head crookedly

"If I were to match the Duke's performance, what exactly would I be doing?"

"First of all, this is what I thought of our story. After a passionate courtship, I succeeded in winning Miss Rosenia's heart."

"That... ?"

"As we are lovers who have just started dating, I think we need to act together every day. Especially until the summer festivals. This is the perfect opportunity to show your affectionate side."

For a moment, I had a terrible idea of myself going on a date with Calix.

My throat burned.

I promised myself that I would never eat or drink anything here.

I quickly drank my portion of tea.

"After the summer festival is over, there will be an audience with His Majesty the Emperor. I plan to formally convey my intention to His Majesty at that time. I think you can just stay with me until then."

"What if His Majesty punishes me for going against his will?"

"If something like that happens, I will compensate you in full."

"If everything goes according to the Duke's plan, first of all, I have to announce to the social world that I have become a lover of the Duke..."

And what about Estelle? Will she leave me alone?

The last time I saw her, it seemed like she had completely decided on a route toward Rexed, not Calix.

An unavoidable feeling of anxiety crept in.

At that time, Calix opened his mouth.

"Miss Rosenia will not be in any danger. I will take responsibility and protect you."

Funny enough, Calix seemed quite serious when he said those words.

But even when he confessed to me before, he had a serious face.

So, he may still be acting to gain my cooperation.

First of all, please tell me about the current business operation status of Erendis Hotel. I would like to view the semi-annual and quarterly reports."

"I'll bring you whatever you want."

"And another cup of tea, please."

Because my throat is burning and I feel like I'm going crazy.

First, I will have to read and judge for myself which choice is better and then make a decision.

***

After Rosenia entered the drawing room with Calix.

The scolding continued for a long time in the kitchen on the first floor of the Duke's residence.

"Are you out of your mind right now?"


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments