TVTLQ - Chapter 134

TVTLQ - Chapter 134

My Body Has Been Possessed By Someone




"So please stay here just a little longer. I will bring you good news soon."

"I feel bad for causing trouble to the beautiful you."

"The more difficult times are, the more we must help each other."

Estelle smiled brightly. It was an angelic smile that instantly melted the hearts of those who saw it.

"I'll come back in the evening. Rest well."

But that smile disappeared the moment Estelle left the room with Derek.

Estelle, who had suddenly become expressionless, twisted her mouth and sneered.

"What a stupid man. He doesn't seem to know that he is actually imprisoned here."

"We're lucky as long as he's stupid. I don't think he even knows the subject."

"That's right. I feel bad about the gaze. I can clearly see that he has dirty thoughts about me."

She was disgusted and dusted herself off with the back of her hand.

Looking at Estelle's behavior, it seemed as if there was something dirty on her body.

"Let's get rid of him together later. Because it's terrible."

"All right."

"We must make it so that Pierre cannot stand by His Highness the Crown Prince. Don't let me see him at all. So that the family named Pierre disappears from the empire."

Estelle took Derek's hand. Smooth, thin fingers gently stroked the back of the knight's rough hand.

"This can happen?"

"Just trust me, Lady."

Derek kissed the back of Estelle's hand.

"Didn't I always tell you that? I will make everything you want come true."

A soft smile appeared on her lips.

***

I dare say it.

No matter what anyone says, the winner of this summer festival will be me.

"The taste of exclusivity is truly sweet."

Inside the moving carriage, I hummed. That's how my mood was at its best.

A few days ago, the imperial family officially announced the news of Princess Penelope's pregnancy and promised special benefits.

"They said they would avoid taxes on all economic activities during the festival period."

Toll tax, seat tax, and other miscellaneous taxes.

In light of the empire's auspicious occasion, they made a loud declaration that they would all be exempted.

It was the moment when it was announced that this summer's festival would be one of its kind.

At the same time, other top companies are probably hitting the ground and regretting not being able to move quickly.

"As expected, it was a good idea to sign exclusive contracts with all wholesalers in the capital in advance with an additional down payment.

This festival will require a lot of supplies, and all of them will be provided by the Pierre Merchant's Company.

With the money cushion scheduled, there was already a festive atmosphere Inside the upper level.

"This is the first contract this big since our founding!"

I told them all that William was so excited that he danced.

Before we knew it, the carriage had arrived at its destination.

When I got off the carriage, I saw a signboard with the store's name on it.

This was the shopping mall of the person who put the most effort into it among the wholesalers I contracted with.

More than half of water retailers receive their goods from this company.

And the purpose of my coming here today was for final coordination before the delivery of the goods.

"We will deliver the necessary supplies shortly, Mr. Morris."

Thirty minutes later, I gathered the stamped documents with a gentle smile on my face. However, the other person's expression was not very bright.

It was obviously a mutually satisfying agreement, but it was a strange thing. Eventually, I got nervous and asked the other person.

"Is there anything in the schedule you would like to adjust? You can adjust it if you need to."

"No, that's..." 

Mr. Morris hesitated. He was so anxious that he couldn't keep his hands still.

"It's nothing."

I guess it's nothing?

As I stared at him, the other person smiled and explained the reason.

"It's not contract related... In fact, my daughter went on a trip with her friends 15 days ago and she hasn't returned yet."

"By daughter, do you mean May?"

He had one precious child and the name of the company. May House was named after his daughter.

Mr. Morris nodded to my question.

"It's not like the child would come home this late without contacting me, but I was worried because I didn't hear any news."

He seemed unfocused. 

"I'm sorry for bothering you."

"You can do that. Was this your daughter's first trip with friends?"

"Yes. Before that, she would always go on family trips with me. This is a trip she went on with her friends to celebrate her birthday last month and become an adult."

"So maybe the trip is a little longer because she's excited about going away with her friends for the first time? I've been like that before too."

When you become an adult and feel free, you may not see the worries around you.

When I offered comfort based on my experience, the other person laughed empty-handed.

"It must be something like that, right? I guess I was very worried because she was the daughter that I had a hard time getting."

"But she'll be back before it's too late. Do not worry."

"Yes. We'll have to wait and see."

This house is different from other houses because the father is always worried about his daughter.

I said a few more words of comfort to him and left the store when the time came.

The final preparations for the festival were being completed.

***

A quiet alley late at night.

Calix held his breath in the dark. Opposite him was Icarus.

They were chasing the real culprit of the Dostic collapse incident under Rexard's orders. And today, they finally succeeded in finding their presumed home base.

The two men secretly exchanged glances.

When the clouds completely obscured the moon, an insidious energy raided a building emanating from it...

Bang-!

He thought they would finally see the end. The building was empty without a single person.

When a scene different from what he expected unfolded, Icarus became angry.

"It's a disaster again."

He kicked against the wall.

"His Highness is going to get irritated."

Calix looked inside without answering. Half-empty liquor bottles, leftover food, etc. There were clear traces of people staying inside the building.

He said, putting down the loaded gun.

"It seems like he noticed it in advance and avoided us."

"They look like a rat. Isn't there a spy? How do they avoid us like this every time?"

"We need to investigate."

Calix swept the wall with his hand. His meticulous gaze scanned the room.

Meanwhile, something unnatural caught his eye. There was a gap beneath a pile of heavy objects.

"Icarus."

When Icarus used magic to move the piled items, a small door leading to the cellar was revealed.

Calix broke the lock. The door opened and the two people went down to the basement, muttering their footsteps.

And soon a frightening sight unfolded.

"This......"

It was a converted prison.

People were trapped inside. Calix hurriedly checked the people's condition. Fortunately, they were breathing, but no one was sane.

It looked like he was drunk on something.

"We need to move people outside. Please call the waiting knights."

"Okay."

The two started to move around busily again.

Although they failed to apprehend the person they were chasing, it seemed like they had a clue.

***

Those who were rescued from the basement were immediately taken secretly to a hospital owned by the imperial family.

"It is a poison that paralyzes the nerves. It is a substance that has hallucinogenic effects and is sometimes used as a low-level drug."

The doctor who treated the people diagnosed that they were addicted to narcotics. The period of captivity varied, and the state of addiction varied from person to person.

Fortunately, there was one among them who quickly came to his senses. That was the case with Maurice's daughter, May.

"Thank you, God!"

After receiving a call from his daughter after she woke up. Maurice arrived and offered a prayer of thanks to God.

Calix watched the scene.

Maurice, who had been hugging his daughter for a while and shedding tears, belatedly recognized Calix and bowed to greet her.

"I heard that the Duke saved my daughter. Thank you. I don't know how to repay this favor."

But Calix's expression was not bright. He said with a stiff face.

"Maurice Wayne. The drug substance detected on the victim was found among the items you were delivering. Do you have anything to say about that?"


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments