TVTLQ - Chapter 135

TVTLQ - Chapter 135

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Calix was suspicious that among the people he had rescued, only one woman had mild poisoning, so he conducted an investigation.

The woman's identity was May Wayne, and she was the daughter of Maurice Wayne, a wholesaler who supplied goods to retailers in the capital.

Maurice was someone he knew.

It was impossible not to know because Rosenia was also the partner who signed a big contract this time.

During the Dostic collapse incident, the opponent was targeting Miss Rosenia.

But this time, when someone linked to Rosenia appeared, Calix became anxious.

Accordingly, a more detailed investigation was conducted, and three of the retailers raided were found to be in possession of large quantities of drugs.

They were all delivered from Morris Wayne.

"No, that's..."

Maurice's embarrassed eyes trembled aimlessly.

Before he knew it, the knights arrived and surrounded the hospital room.

Calix, who had completely surrounded his opponent, stood crooked.

"Boldly, you took advantage of the fact that inspections become more relaxed as the festival period approaches every year. Was poisoning your daughter just for camouflage?"

"I poisoned my daughter! Absolutely not!

When Maurice hurriedly denied the attack and jumped up, the knight mistook it for an attack and overpowered him.

He immediately fell to his knees and cried out in fear.

"Hiii! Please, please save me."

"Do you know that distributing drugs is subject to severe punishment under imperial law?"

"Sorry! Ha, but I couldn't help it. I received a threatening letter. Since she has my daughter with her, if I want to return her safely, I must follow the words...."

"Letter?"

When Calix responded, the other person spoke in a panic.

"Yes! It was a request to distribute the medicine I was delivering along with the supplies to be provided at this summer festival."

Calix's face became cold.

He muttered stiffly.

"You made a foolish choice."

"Sorry. But my daughter... I had no choice but to follow suit if I wanted my daughter to return safely...."

"Who delivered the letter? Was there anyone who delivered medicine?"

"There was an errand boy. They were gypsies who moved around without a place of residence, and they would tell me places. Then I would go there and get the stuff."

"They cleverly mixed and distributed products. Does Pierre's headquarters know about this?"

Maurice didn't answer.

It would be more accurate to say that he cannot answer.

Calix's blue eyes sank coldly. 

"If the drug had continued to be distributed like this, Pierre could have been swept away as well."

Rosenia, who had been handing over the goods to Maurice, may have been falsely accused and implicated.

Drug distribution is a serious crime punishable by capital punishment.

Even though it was Pierre, they couldn't just ignore it.

'The opponent is still targeting Miss Rosenia.'

The reason Calix followed Rexed's orders to find Dostic's true culprit in the first place was because they put Rosenia in danger.

However, when they reached the end, another evil plan was lurking towards Rosenia.

"Haaa."

Calix wanted to hand over the man in front of him to the Crown Prince's personal guards right away, but he held back.

The man's daughter was the only victim who came to her senses. She might have remembered the kidnapper's facial expressions.

Moreover, Maurice had been in contact with forces that constantly put Rosenia in danger.

Rather than punishing the man, now was the time to use this man to set a trap to find the other person.

"If you follow my instructions, I can relieve you of your guilt."

Maurice, who had been in despair, suddenly raised his head.

Calix asked stiffly.

"Drugs were confiscated from a total of three locations. Is there any other place that supplied it?"

"I swear there's no more!"

"First of all, cancel all contracts signed with Pierre."

There is already a history of the drug spreading.

Of course, he knew full well that Rosenia did not distribute the medicine directly, and Rexed would soon find out.

However, in order to prevent Rosenia from getting involved in something dangerous, it was necessary to keep her hands off of everything.

Especially since Calix himself is thinking of using Mqurice.

"To others, it will appear as if it is just a fight between superiors."

That way, the other party won't suspect Calix's involvement in this incident.

He will make sure that Rosenia is not hurt at all.

Calix's eyes flashed more seriously than ever as he was plotting a plan.

***

One hectic afternoon.

A letter arrived to me.

"What is this...?"

The sender is Maurice.

It was a request to terminate the business agreement. The hands holding the request were shaking.

There were only two weeks left until the festival, when lightning suddenly fell from the dry sky.

"What the hell is going on? Breaking the contract! Why did you bring this now!"

When I roared in anger, Annie fidgeted and responded.

"An errand boy came. I thought it was a general reporting letter, so It was delivered late."

"Did something happen without my knowledge? Does it make sense to suddenly cancel the contract now that there is so much time left until the festival?"

This festival was already scheduled to be held on a grander scale due to the news of Penelope's pregnancy.

But at this moment, when all preparations were completed, ashes were sprinkled on the cooked rice.

"Get ready to go out right now. I have to go and see for myself."

I couldn't sit still and just listen to reports.

I headed straight to Maurice's store to figure out the situation. But when I arrived at his store, I heard an even more angry remark.

"I'm sorry, Lady. However, Alter Trading Company proposed even more unconventional conditd even more unconventional conditions..... Since this is a unilateral termination of the contract, we will provide a penalty fee."

"Ha, penalty?"

The fever rose all the way to the top of my head.

Penalty?

Is that what's coming out of your mouth right now?

"Do you think I came here just to collect a penalty? Besides, where? Alter?"

My teeth were shaking.

Why is Calix crawling out here again?

The contract I was holding in my hand was crushed.

When I didn't hide my anger, the other person started shaking.

He excused himself in a crawling voice.

"Don't be too angry. Isn't this an Alter Company? We are also in a position to keep an eye on... Anyway, I'm sorry."

What on earth did Calix do to make the other person react like this?

Our contract was not only a good one for me.

The other party was also expected to benefit greatly from the exclusive contract with me.

But he suddenly changed his attitude.

I swallowed my anger.

I tried to calm him down as much as possible and persuaded him.

"Let's think again. Do you think this situation is common now? I don't know what conditions Alter proposed, but do you think the contract will continue to be extended to the person who violated trust?"

"I have nothing to say. I'm really sorry."

However, even though the other person was watching me, he did not go back on his decision.

In the end, I left the store without any results and wiped my face with my palm.

A growling, animal-like sound came out of my mouth.

“Calix Altemir...”

You son of a bitch.

You're fucking me like this?

How many times has Alter Company interrupted me so far?

Each time. I thought I had responded appropriately and as gently as I could.

Even if he interfered with me and interfered with my business, I tried to solve it as much as possible without getting involved with him.

But, but...

"I won't leave you alone."

Up until now, I've tried to avoid being tied to the original as much as possible, but I can't stand it any longer.

They say I avoid poop because it's dirty, but now I have to clean up that poop even if it gets on my hands.

This festival is my first achievement as the owner of Pierre. I put the most effort into it and had high expectations. I couldn't let Calix ruin it like this.

There was nothing that could stop me from being angry.


Previous                Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments