TVTLQ - Chapter 133

TVTLQ - Chapter 133

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



At that moment, Rexed's expression hardened slightly.

He answered dryly.

"Not yet."

"Not yet?"

I asked back without realizing it.

The Crown Prince is the second most powerful person after the Emperor of the empire. I thought that such a powerful person would have found the opponent long ago.

I had high expectations but was disappointed.

Rexed raised his eyebrows as if my sentiments were showing on the surface.

"Your expression is cocky."

"......How can there be someone in the empire who can escape from your eyes?"

"I am impatient. I'm just waiting for a complete strike."

"Are we really getting nowhere? You couldn't even catch the tail?"

"The human who planted the explosives has been caught. Things went awry because he committed suicide during interrogation, but why are you interrogating me now?" 

"No. I've never done that."

It's useless to be quick-witted.

I smiled to make it seem harmless and then secretly asked again.

"But what kind of person was he? The person who entered the factory basement without permission and planted a bomb."

"Why are you curious about that?"

"It was something we went through together. If I knew who it was, wouldn't it help me find the culprit?"

Above all, Rexed and Icarus said that it was clear that the other party was targeting me.

Rexed was indignant at being caught up in the situation and ended up telling the truth.

"If it's my enemy, I need to know who it is."

That way, you won't get hit without knowing anything.

Although it was a little less trustworthy, there were still more ways that Rexed could use to find the culprit than me.

It may have been the case before, but now that the relationship has improved, there is no need to ignore the good means in front of us.

"Don't think about interfering needlessly."

But contrary to my hopes, Rexed flatly refused.

"Still...."

"No."

He interrupted me.

He was so adamant that it was difficult for me to ask any more questions.

I thought that was the end of it, but he added another word.

"Because it could be dangerous."

I blinked.

After sitting still. I slowly raised my right hand and swept my left arm.

Why are you suddenly acting so friendly that it doesn't suit you?

"I don't think it's dangerous. As I became the owner of the merchant instead of my father, the number of people protecting me increased. They are all very talented people."

"Did I get caught up in something like that because the people around me were lacking?"

"I didn't mean it that way."

"I have trusted people chase after me, so don't worry about it. I will not allow you to get involved any further than this."

I thought deeply to myself.

'If Rexed is a dangerous opponent, at least they aren't the people I kicked out at the top.'

I've just narrowed down the list of possible suspects through a conversation with Rexed 

First of all, they are not the people I kicked out while taking control of the top. They had no power to escape the Crown Prince prince's investigation.

Neither are Rexed and Icarus. Because they are the ones who went through the incident with me.

Probably not Calix either. There was no way he, Rexed's closest friend, was the culprit.

Above all, if he had been the culprit, Rexed would not have responded so calmly.

'The remaining main characters from the original are Derek Gardner and Estelle Montrose.'

Just because he is a major figure, there is no way to unconditionally stand in opposition to me, but I thought it would be better to consider him as the most likely suspect and proceed with the investigation.

Besides, I don't know about Derek, but I think Estelle feels very sorry for me...

'I didn't get along well with the male leads of the original to begin with.'

Why on earth do I have to worry about this?

"I clearly told you not to intervene. Do not listen in vain."

"Yes, of course. I will keep this in mind, Your Highness."

I decided to dig into them little by little without Rexed knowing.

***

The Duke of Montrose's residence is located in the center of the empire.

An unexpected guest was currently staying in the dazzling ivory mansion.

Estelle stood in front of the guest room in the annex and knocked on the door.

"I'm going in."

Derek opened the door for her.

A man was sitting on the bed. Estelle smiled brightly and approached him.

"Was your bed comfortable?"

"Yes. Thanks to you, I slept well."

Surprisingly, the person who answered Estelle's question was Nathaniel.

Unlike when he ran away from the bar in a shabby manner, he was currently acting quite clean-cut.

It was all supported by Estelle.

Estelle rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I'm glad you seem to be adjusting well. I was worried that you might feel uncomfortable because it was an unfamiliar place."

It was a month ago that Nathaniel arrived at the Duke of Montrose's residence.

Quite a long time passed, but surprisingly, the fact that Nathaniel was here did not leak out.

Just because it was dark under the lamp, no one would have thought that the capital's bastard would be at the Duke of Montrose's residence.

The annex was also Princess Estelle's space, so there was a reason why it was difficult to enter.

The only maid who came in and out of this place was someone who had an unusually loud mouth.

"Do you have time to feel uncomfortable when the Princess treats you so kindly?"

"Oh my goodness."

"So, I would like to say thank you separately...."

Nathaniel glanced at Derek.

Even now, he was right behind Estelle, protecting her.

Even if Nathaniel wanted to play a trick on Estelle, he couldn't because Derek was standing like a tree and couldn't see a single gap.

'Why on earth is the princess taking someone like that around?'

When Nathaniel went to the place written on the note, there was an old gypsy there.

Nathaniel immediately asked the other person to reveal the owner of the note, and when Nathaniel's patience ran out, Derek came to get him.

"If you want to get what you want, you have to be quiet. Also, keep in mind that if you are rude to the Princess, my sword will be at your throat."

Giving him a very sassy warning that made him angry. 

'To the subject who has no title and is barely a knight belonging to the family.' 

Nathaniel's eyes became fierce as he looked at Derek standing silently.

At that time, a kind voice rang out.

"I'm saying thank you. Rather, I should be thankful."

Nathaniel's gaze fell from Derek. Estelle was smiling softly at him.

"Young Master shared a lot of valuable information with me. It's just a way to repay you. Don't worry about it."

When Nathaniel found out that it was Estelle who sent him the note, he couldn't help but be shocked.

He was touched that this lovely little woman was an angel who extended a helping hand to him.

It is the Duke of Montrose.

As long as the dukedom was on his side, it wouldn't be difficult to kick out Rosenia.

'It seems like the Princess likes me.'

Nathaniel thought that was why Estelle was helping him.

'Otherwise, there's no way she's willingly stepped forward to help me when she's never even met me.'

Moreover, she always looked at Nathaniel with loving eyes. Like this moment when they are facing each other right now.

'It seems like an unnecessary knight that can't even read the owner's mind.'

Nathaniel wanted to fire him right now, but he held back because of Estelle. Instead, he pretended to be solemn and spoke.

"That level of information is nothing. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will fully cooperate."

"Oh my, I'm so happy."

"But how long do I have to stay in the annex? It's a little frustrating."

"I also regret not being able to show you the rest of the mansion, but I think we still have to be careful. Miss Pierre has sent someone to look for you."

Nathaniel's expression distorted when he heard that Rosenia was looking for him.

"How dare the damn thing."


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments