IHMEB - Chapter 30 < The Beast That Was Oppressed >

IHMEB - Chapter 30 < The Beast That Was Oppressed > 

Having An Enemy's Baby




“I want to sleep with you every day.”

“...What?"

Kaian made a dumb sound.

I clung to him in desperation.

Insomnia can never be understood by anyone who has not experienced it.

Yesterday and today, the days when I couldn't sleep continued, and the premonition that I probably wouldn't be able to sleep tomorrow took away my energy and ate away at my body.

It felt like the brain inside my head had become a lump of dry bread that couldn't function properly.

As soon as I was rid of the pain caused by Herzol and the fear of death, the insomnia that came upon me as if it were its turn again made Claudel feel lethargic.

"Tonight. Can you come to my bedroom?”

On the other hand, my situation was still pitiful.

Kaian was the family's enemy.

It was not as if I was completely repulsed by Temnes, who had been almost brainwashed for a long time.

However, my enemy, the man in the family who holds power over my life and death, does not allow me to die, so he does not seem to be very happy about my death.

I don't like him, but I don't think that means he won't treat me like his wife.

If I had any hope, I had no choice but to ask him like this.

I had no idea that her insomnia was so severe until Kaian gave me the elixir and my Herzol was cured.

I was only ten years old when my insomnia first started.

Because I was still young, I didn't know anything, and rather than focusing on the seriousness of my insomnia, the aftermath of the incident that caused it was greater.

Because my comfortable home that raised me from one day to the next disappeared.

Even before I could understand my mother's absence, my father's death came to me and left me at a loss and scared.

Since my insomnia was caused by that feeling and it was hard to suppress and endure that sadness, and because it didn't matter as long as I could sleep with Hannah, I lived for years forgetting that I even had insomnia until I came to Rowen Castle.

However, due to Herzol's treatment, the symptoms of insomnia disappeared for a while, but when it came back, it was crazy unlike before.

I hadn't slept in a few days, but it felt like my brain was being eaten alive by a monster, and I gradually lost consciousness.

I think the reason I continued to see the doctor and eat with Kaian was that I felt anxious as if I had been thrown into the middle of enemy territory, with Temnes everywhere.

But my terrible nervousness, coupled with the deterioration of my physical and mental energy caused by insomnia, so disturbed me that I even dozed off like a narcoleptic during the meals.

“If you don’t like it...?"

Kaian seemed surprised, but then he picked me up and laid me on the bed.

“You’d better stop eating.”

“...Are you coming?”

“Sure.”

Only then did I feel relieved.

This is because there was no reason for Kaian to break his promise.

"I'll wait."

I smiled as I saw Kaian heading out of her bedroom.

'I'll be able to sleep well today.'

As hope arose, I felt like I could somehow endure the pain in my head until the sun went down.

***

Kaian left Claudel’s bedroom and headed to his own bedroom.

The butler, who had been waiting for him to finish his meal outside the bedroom, hurriedly followed him.

“Aren’t you going to the office?”

Kaian ordered coldly with his stern face.

“Cancel the afternoon schedule.”

"No. Why are you doing this all of a sudden?”

The butler was embarrassed.

“There is training for elite knights in the afternoon. Afterwards, there will be a separate event to praise those who previously took us on a buffalo hunt.”

Even the schedule that Kaian ordered to be canceled was one he had paid special attention to.

The knights who were suddenly sent out to rescue Claudel's medicine and suddenly suffered were elites like Kaian's limbs.

They were people who were so loyal that they would die if Kaian died, or would jump into fire or water.

Even those people thought, 'I was dragged in to get medicine for that Vermont girl?' It is done.

Assuming that Kaian, as the head of the Temnes family, hated Vermont the most within the family, it was only natural that the elite knights, who were the main force preparing for territory wars by helping such a Lord, would go wild at the mere sound of Vermont's name.

The fact that they thought, ‘Could it be that I’m doing this because the Lord trying to find medicine to save Vermont’ became an established fact.

His marriage to Claudel was according to the King's command, so it had already happened and was unavoidable.

All of the Temnes family's relatives and vassals would have expected Vermont to be treated coldly and miserably driven out of Rowen.

Kaian had no thoughts of divorcing her or anything like that at the moment.

At first, he was dissatisfied and even felt humiliated that he was forced to marry Vermont to make peace.

That was when he didn't know Claudel.

But it's not like he knows her very well now.

Was spending the night together, the bond between a man and a woman in the dark, so special that it made them forget their resentment for a long time?

He couldn't let Claudel die, he thought.

He could handle Vermont's veins without getting a drop of blood on his hands. He could have simply pushed his enemy straight into the gaping maw of her disease, but he could not do that to her.

Kaian himself couldn't really understand the reason, but he thought it was because Claudel was too insignificant and weak.

Cunning Vermont.

A horrible people who cut people to pieces with their three-inch tongues.

This is because Claudel had none of the aspects that had been cursed.

In any case, by trying to save her, he hurt the pride of the loyal subjects who served the Temnes family, so as the head of the family, it was necessary to praise them and remind people in the family about Claudel's status as his wife, so Kaian spoke to the butler several times. He checked and prepared for today’s work.

For a few days now, the castle's kitchen has been in a commotion, preparing for the banquet that will be held after today's training, including slaughtering pigs, making sausages with intestines, and preparing alcohol.

“Ha.”

His breath was so hot that it burned between his lips as he fell into a deep sleep.

His heart was pounding and pulsating as if he had traveled a long way from somewhere without stopping.

"One hour. No, tell them to wait thirty minutes.”

“Then now...”

Kaian burst into the bedroom and slammed the door.

His hands were shaking convulsively and his palms felt sweaty.

He roughly took off his clothes and headed to the bathroom.

Shoot!

When he turned on the tap, cold water poured out.

Kaian literally stuck his head under it and covered himself in water.

As if he was hallucinating, he could hear the woman's breathing.

'Ugh.'

The vision of a thin arm climbing up Kaian's shoulder when holding Claudel coiled around his consciousness like a snake about to coil.

'Ugh. Ugh.'

While he was in a state of ecstasy, he was whimpering as if he could barely bear her intrusion. But each time, it was Kaian who was bitten as if he was going to be eaten by Claudel.

“What on earth were you thinking when you said that?”

‘I want to sleep with you every day.’


That was exactly what Kaian wanted, but he pretended not to know his desire the whole time.

Because it was a shock to him that he had hugged a woman who was on the brink of death without even knowing it.

Didn't even the Lord who was closest to her know about his wife's condition until she became completely ill?'

'You are so weak that you don't have any flesh on your body. How can you not know that?'


How does he know that when the doctor criticizes him so fearlessly? He thought so, but if he had been more careful or interested, he would have known.

It was his first time seeing a woman's body, not a human body.

It may not be a comparison, but it was a life where he took off his clothes and washed up with strong, muscular guys without any regard for status.

Even if it's a woman.

Being so thin meant that there was a problem, but Kaian thought he had done his duty by being careful when pressing the woman's body, fearing that she might break somewhere.

After that, he saw that Claudel was gaining weight and regaining vitality unlike before, but he didn't know when the right time would be.

On the one hand, he was agitated by the thought that she might think of him as a terrible perpetrator.

He loved the night he spent with her, but he wondered if Claudel would see it as her shame and disgrace, and on top of that, her never-ending pain.

Raping women was something only vulgar people who did not know gentlemanly manners and chivalry did.

Kaian didn't know that there were nobles with bad taste who did things like that on purpose, but he was definitely not like that.

He was raised as an ascetic as a priest due to the strict education and discipline of the previous head of the family. As he was born and raised with honor as the Duke of Temnes, the Lord of Rowen, and the son of a Princess, he learned and grew up to behave without shame in anything.

However, even though the other person was Vermont, he had no intention of assaulting Claudel, so when he thought about what had happened while she was not conscious, he felt gloomy and frustrated as to what to do next.

Just when he was wondering why Claudel wouldn't eat the dessert he tried to feed her, she dropped the fork she was holding in her hand and fell down.

It was a reflex action for him to embrace her with his body.

Her freshness and her nice smell irritated his nose as soon as he held her.

That alone almost made Kaian lose his mind, but he calmly tried to wake the unconscious woman by tapping her cheek.

'Tonight. Can you come into my bedroom?'

But who would have imagined that those were the words she would say as soon as she opened her eyes?

The moist golden eyes were transparent and beautiful as if they had been carved from the dark part of a pumpkin.

The words the shy woman whispered so faintly lingered in his ears.

"Damn."

He can still go to the bedroom.

If it weren't for the elite knights.

Kaian cooled off his anger and unrelenting body temperature with cold water.

***

Kaian doesn’t even remember how the banquet that had been carefully prepared for several days ended.

When the black men excitedly told him to pour and drink, his consciousness was already standing in front of Claudel's door.

When he finally arrived in front of the familiar door, Kaian's heart pounded.

When he opened the bedroom door, Claudel was sitting on the bed and welcomed him with joy.

“Are you here?”

She waits for him and even welcomes him.

“I really didn’t know you would come. Thank you."

Thank you. She's grateful.

The beast that had been suppressed for so long was running rampant inside Kaian's body, demanding to be released.

“I have severe insomnia, so I can’t sleep alone. I couldn’t sleep all this time.”

“...Insomnia?"


The new Novel, The Cup of Revenge is In Your Hand is out now! You can check it out HERE!


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments