TVTLQ - Chapter 124

TVTLQ - Chapter 124

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


"Besides, why was Nathaniel alone? He should have stayed with the coachman."

"If you mean Coach James, he arrived at the mansion earlier during the day."

The head deacon answered my father's question politely.

Then my father opened his eyes wide.

"How dare he leave the owner and arrive alone?"

"I announced the news that the master would be arriving soon and immediately went out again. He said he thought he might be lost and that he would go find it himself."

"And then this is what happened to Nathaniel! And if they knew Nathaniel was alone, they should have sent more people to find him. Not only did they make him come to them ansion like that, but they even threw you at the door!"

"Sorry. It is my fault for not being able to assist you properly."

The head deacon was embarrassed and apologized.

While listening to their conversation, I suddenly intervened.

"By the way, father."

"Why are you doing that?"

"Did father call my brother?"

My father flinched at my question. It was an overreaction. He cleared his throat loudly and said.

"Yes. Because it would be good for him to show his face before Her Highness the Princess leaves. If he attends Her Highness's reception, won't it be easier for Her Majesty to forgive Nathaniel?"

"Ah, forgive me. "Then how long will your brother have to stay in the estate?"

"What an important time this is for you. Now he has to get back to the top."

Who are you talking about sprinkling ashes on the finished rice?

Nathaniel was a useless man. It means that it is better not to have anything.

I was just about to say something to my father.

"Father!"

The door burst open and Nathaniel, who had quickly washed and changed his clothes, appeared.

He had been crying like an idiot earlier, but now he looked as if he was completely angry.

Nathaniel came stomping his feet.

"Please catch and punish those who insulted me right now!"

"My son, what on earth happened?"

"I feel so wronged that I can't live!"

Nathaniel's subsequent explanation was as follows.

The roads were blocked and he arrived in the capital at noon today,  but horse-drawn carriages were banned due to the parade.

He had no choice but to walk, and on the way, he saw the newly opened Dentz, since it was a new business for Pierre, he tried to give him some advice.

However, the assailants suddenly appeared and dragged him away, assaulting him and taking away his clothes, telling him not to interfere with the business.

Nathaniel,  who was huffing and puffing, glared at me and shouted. 

"Rosenia, you! Are they the ones you hired?"

"What? Say something that makes sense."

"But why are you saying things like I have to get money from that store?"

"I don't know about that. And I have no intention of paying space rent to someone else who has nothing to do with running my store."

Today, there were wind catchers around Dentz that I had placed in advance.

It was arranged to attract people to the store after the performance and to lead the atmosphere of the scene.

However, they were just people prepared to help the store's sales, not people who would engage in such low-quality behavior.

'Besides, advice? You're lying.'

A passing dog would laugh at the thought of Nathaniel giving advice. He was definitely trying to cause some trouble.

He was probably snooping around for no reason and got caught by street thugs.

Even if Nathaniel got into trouble, the people I assigned would have handed him over to the patrol rather than turning him into a naked beggar.

"I'll send someone out to look for them right now."

His father, who was just as angry as Nathaniel, spoke firmly.

"I'll catch those guys and let you do whatever you want with them."

"You must hold it."

"Yes, son."

The two people hugged awkwardly. It was truly a scene that did not impress me at all.

"I was so worried because you didn't arrive on time. It's all this poor father's fault for not adding more guards."

"Why is it my father's fault? Because of those robbers. I'm sorry I couldn't attend the wedding."

"Isn't that a situation where that was possible? Still, Nathaniel. I find it truly admirable that even in such a busy situation, you decided to stop by the store to give advice on the new business."

My father wiped away a pea-sized tear.

"Don't be like that. Starting tomorrow, you will officially go to work and you will lead. Her Royal Highness's wedding has passed, so there's nothing we can do. Just come back."

"Yes...! I will work hard."

"Rose, you and your brother will go to the store tomorrow and greet people. This is the master they must serve from now on, so we need to get off to a good starter."

The two men waited for my answer.

It looks like he politely lowers his eyes and expects me to say I understand.

I really didn't pray.

Especially my father.

You've been restless all day since this morning, like a dog worried about something. Is that why you did this?

He was so anxious to call Nathaniel and hand over my position to that guy.

During the Pyrite Incident, the reason I kicked out Nathaniel and left my father alone was that I thought he had room for rehabilitation.

Since I did not interfere with my ability to lead the top tier as the second-ranking leader until the end, I expected that his thoughts on the successor would change in the future.

Above all, my father was a merchant who once led the Pierre merchants.

There would be a clear difference in sales when I led the business compared to when Nathaniel led the business, so I thought he would realize what the right choice was. 

'But I guess I overestimated the other person.'

My father was simply Nathaniel's, nothing more and nothing less.

And now that I know this, I no longer need to respect the other person.

I slowly opened my mouth.

"Why me?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"I asked why I had to hand over Dentz to my brother."

"Rosenia!"

My father screamed loudly.

His face looked like he couldn't believe what he had just heard.

I answered calmly without changing my expression.

"It was a project I supervised from beginning to end. Even if my brother is in charge, will he be able to run it properly?"

"Isn't that what you need to do if you take over?"

"I don't like it. I don't want to waste time."

My father trembled.

He took a deep breath, as if holding back his anger for a moment, and then said.

"Yes. Well, Dentsu is in the clothing business. Maybe it would be better for you to take charge of that. Nathaniel, it would be a good idea to start developing Dostic. Development is still in progress around the factory, right? I'll have to send them to work there."

"Would you like My brother to go there and do some digging?"

"Of course, I'm going to be the general manager!"

"That seems impossible. I am the person in charge of development, so everyone only follows my instructions."

"Rosenia, are you going to be so stubborn! Say something that makes sense!"

"Father is the one who is saying nonsense."

As I answered clearly without saying a single word, my father's face turned red as if he was about to explode.

Nathaniel was just staring at me with his eyes wide open.

The atmosphere in the living room suddenly became cold.

My father, who was glaring at me, scolded me slyly.

"It seems like I've been giving you too much advice so far."

"Is that so."

"Quit working at the top right now. I sent you out at your brother's begging, but all I heard was a lot of nonsense."

"Haha."

Laughter burst out.

It's really something I've felt before, but these two people don't even know me.

Is it nonsense?

Now, I can't believe it was all a lie, but I was aiming for the upper class and the family's wealth from the beginning.

I said with my arms crossed.

"My father is going to kick me out of my position as head of the vice squad? Follow your heart."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Now, I'm tired of being head of the squad. I want to become a merchant."

"Rogenia!"

"So, I need you to step down. I will guarantee you a comfortable country life, Father."


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments