TVTLQ - Chapter 123

TVTLQ - Chapter 123

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Hmm."

The identity of the person standing in front of me was Rexed.

He looked very arrogant and held out his hand to me.

"Because it's my sister's wedding, let's dance together today. May you know with glory."

What is glory? I don't want to dance with you either.

I missed the right time to leave and looked around without being noticed.

I made eye contact with Estelle, who was staring at me, and quickly turned my head.

The look in Estelle's eyes that I just saw was so scary.

I didn't become a partner with Rexed because I wanted to dance with him.

Even the sound of people swallowing their teeth due to tension could be heard loudly.

Meanwhile, the song started.

"Hurry and catch it."

Rexed urged.

As people started dancing on both sides, I had no choice but to hold his hand.

"...'

As the Prince was accustomed to social skills, he led the dance very skillfully.

Thanks to this, I didn't feel uncomfortable, but the situation itself was uncomfortable.

As I was dancing in silence, Rexed opened his mouth.

"My sister told me to come visit Borsha sometime in the summer."

"Yes. Your sister will be happy."

I raised my head.

"How about you go too?"

"With you, Your Highness?"

Swish, the body turned.

I said as I took the next step.

"Thank you for your words, but I think I will go to Borsha to see the Princess first before summer."

"You? Why?"

"Her Highness said that the Prince seems to like Blanc Dentz's clothes, so she told me to come visit her with him."

So there's no need to go with you.

The song has passed the halfway point.

I wanted to just dance and move on, but he spoke to me again.

"This time, the diamond mine business rights were handed over to me."

"Congratulations."

"This is where rare pink diamonds are mined."

He pulled me strongly..

"I'll give you the biggest one that came out of there."

The bodies were too close.

Why are you holding my hand so tightly?

Moreover, the tingling in the back of my head from earlier made me think that Estelle was glaring at me intently.

I slightly pushed his body away.

"I am not good enough to receive such a precious thing from you, Your Highness. So, please stop saying those words." 

"I have received something from you, so I would like to give something to you as well." 

"I just did my best as a citizen of the empire to Your Highness, the little sun of the empire." 

"So I......."

The song ended before he finished speaking.

I quickly let go of his hand.

I greeted him with a formal gesture that left no room for criticism.

"As a noble who pledges loyalty to the royal family. I sincerely congratulate Her Highness the Princess on her marriage. I hope you have a good time."

Then I left before the other person said anything.

"Haa..."

When I came out to the terrace, I felt a little out of breath.

But there was a passenger in a place where I thought there would be no one.

That's two too.

"It's been a long time, Golden."

Icarus smiled and pretended to know.

Next to him was Calix.

The two people had been staying here for a while, so the champagne glass on the railing was half empty.

I grabbed the dress and said hello.

"Good evening to you both."

When I looked inside the hall, there was obviously no one there.

It seemed like I was so busy running away from Rexed that I didn't see it properly.

As I clicked my tongue inwardly at my ridiculous mistake, I heard a low voice.

"Then I'll just go."

"Huh. See you later."

"Yes then."

Calix nodded slightly at me and passed by me. As if he had nothing to say.

Without realizing it, I looked back at him leaving.

That's how surprising the change in Calix's attitude was.

What? I guess Calix's mind has really changed.

What a simple attitude.

As expected, the feelings I felt at the ceremony were not wrong.

At that time, I heard a voice.

"Aren't you staring at the Duke too intently?"

When I turned my head, Icarus was smiling with the corners of his mouth raised.

I kept my expression calm. 

"I've never done that."

"How have you been while I was gone?

"Yeah, whatever."

Calix suddenly teased me by saying he liked me. But I think he's changed his mind now.

Perhaps because my mind became lighter I felt better.

Normally, I would have left without further conversation, but today I decided to say a few more words.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you. This is the first time since Dostic, right?"

"That's right. Have you missed me all this time?"

But his absurd question shattered my will in just one minute. When my expression hardened, he chuckled.

"I heard your reaction is so funny that I keep teasing you." 

"I hope you'll refrain from joking."

"Do you want a drink? This glass is new."

He handed me two glasses full of champagne.

I shook my head.

"It's okay."

"This isn't fun anymore. Oh right. There was something I wanted to tell you when I saw you."

"For me?"

"Huh. I saw something interesting on the way here."

The funny things he said were always not funny to me.

But I couldn't help but be shocked by his next words, which continued arbitrarily.

"Did you know that your family's eldest son is now walking around the capital naked?"

"Cough."

I was so surprised that I started coughing.

After doing that for a while, Icarus patted me on the back.

My true self finally asked back.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, I'm serious."

"Nathaniel is walking around the capital naked?"

"He's in underwear, but that's it."

"Where did you see it?"

"On the street. I saw him while passing by in a carriage, so I don't know exactly where it is."

My head was pounding with cognitive dissonance.

How is that possible?

Nathaniel is in the territory now?

No, even if he's in the capital, why is he in his underwear?

"Thank you for telling me."

Although I still couldn't accept the news he gave me, I said goodbye and looked at him.

Oh, no way.

I thought it was just a joke...

***

But it wasn't a joke.

"Ah, father!"

"Nathaniel?! Why are you so... I don't know. Huh."

In front of the main gate of the mansion where we returned home after the reception.

My father and I found Nathaniel arguing with the gatekeepers.

Nathaniel was wearing a trash-like robe full of holes, which he had probably picked up somewhere.

"Oh my God."

I let out an exclamation.

Like Icarus said, something really interesting happened, right?

My father got out of the carriage, startled.

He wrapped the thin cloak he was wearing around Nathaniel.

Nathaniel cried, shaking his shoulders as if his sorrow had exploded.

"Huh."

"Hurry up and get on. Hurry."

The father put Nathaniel in the carriage.

Nathaniel's yellow skin was pale as if he had been walking around naked for quite a while. My father was indignant when he saw this.

"Just leave those guys alone! How dare you leave my son standing outside the gate?!"

It seems that he exploded with anger at the gatekeepers who did not recognize Nathaniel and blocked him.

But if things end up like that, the country...

I felt like punishment would be meted out to those who did nothing if things continued like this, so I calmed my father down for now.

"Be patient, father. It hasn't been long since we changed the gatekeepers. My brother went down to the territory and these people were hired, so it's natural for them to be wary of him without knowing his face."

"Anyway, that's true! What does it mean to say that you don't recognize the owner?"

"Today is a wedding, so there must have been many beggars who came to the capital hoping for warmth. They probably thought Nathaniel was one of them. They are doing their best to ensure Pierre's safety, but if you punish them, the morale of the employees will drop."

My father huffed, unable to refute further, as Nathaniel's current condition seemed to be in his own opinion.

I glanced at Nathaniel.

What on earth happened that made you wander around the capital like this?

However, the trembling bony limbs were unpleasant, so I quickly turned my head away.

As soon as they arrived at the mansion, Nathaniel was led to the bathroom.

My father, who was waiting for Nathaniel with me in the living room, roughly untied his cravat.

"What's going on? How dare someone do such a mean thing to our family's eldest son?"

"I know, right."

Have you been punished belatedly for living as a fool all your life?

I don't know who it is, but I really want to say thank you.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments