TVTLQ - Chapter 119

TVTLQ - Chapter 119

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"You're here. Sit down."

The first person Penelope called was none other than Calix.

Rexed, who is a family member, can be called and talked to separately at any time, but this was the result of the thought that it would be difficult for Calix to meet her once she got married.

However, when Penelope actually encountered Calix, she was a little embarrassed.

Calix's condition was not good.

The area under his eyes was dark as if he was in pain, and his face was full of sadness.

Penelope felt a sense of déjà vu.

It seems like Rosenia is in a similar state to when she was heartbroken.

'I guess he's already been rejected by Rosenia.'

Penelope clicked her tongue inwardly.

It seemed like something happened the day she called the two people together.

In Penelope's opinion, Calix clearly had a crush on Rosenia.

And the two people who had been sent out at the time, telling them to cool off, returned separately.

As soon as Calix arrived, he left the palace, saying that something urgent had happened at the Chamber of Commerce, and Rosenia was reluctant to reveal what had happened.

Since it was a meeting convened without asking each other's intentions, Penelope just passed it on.

As expected, something unfortunate happened to Calix that day.

'It would have been nice if Rosenia had liked Calix.'

Penelope felt regretful but then shook her head.

Hadn't she already decided to be on Rosenia's side unconditionally?

What she would do today was decided.

Penelope opened her mouth, pretending not to notice Calix, who looked somewhat depressed.

"The reason I called you today is because I wanted to say thank you."

"I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Didn't you give me a precious pill as a gift earlier? I've been taking it consistently since I received it from you, and my body seems to have really improved. I'm leaving the empire soon, and it bothers me that I couldn't say thank you properly."

"I should be thankful that Your Highness put my gift to good use."

Calix answered humbly.

Then Penelope gently raised the corners of her mouth. 

"You always cared about my health. I appreciate it."

 "No. I just did what I had to do."

"Perhaps since I got married. I've been thinking a lot about old times these days. When I was young, whenever summer came, I would always invite you and Rexed to go on vacation to the villa. Then you would run around and play in the forest with Rexed all day."

"Haha, that's right. It was like that."

"Actually, there were times when I was a little jealous of that."

The two people's eyes met. Penelope smiled slightly.

"I can't play like that, but you two look so excited. I was really young."

"Your Highness."

"Do you remember when you were seven years old and I said that I would go boating with you one time?"

"I remember a little bit."

"I followed along like that and caught a terrible cold in the evening. My condition worsened, so I had to end my vacation quickly and return to the imperial palace. You have no idea how much Rexed cried at that time because he didn't want to go back."

Penelope smiled slightly as she recalled the past, but soon her expression turned serious.

"And I knew then that I couldn't live my life doing only what I wanted."

She had many limitations due to her unhealthy body.

"I learned that if I persist in doing what I want, many people around me may suffer. When I was sick, the maids who helped me were questioned. Some were even kicked out. You and Rexed had to come back sooner than planned."

"It wasn't your fault."

"You're kind. But that was the truth. If I had known to let go of my greed and be satisfied by giving up things that were too much for me, such an unfortunate thing wouldn't have happened."

Calix stared at Penelope.

He wondered why Penelope suddenly brought up an old story...

She was speaking to Calix from her own experience.

Don't be greedy and give up Rosenia for his sake.

Penelope also vaguely felt that Calix understood what she meant.

She said with a faint smile.

"I believe that if you are smart, you would understand what I mean."

"But what if it's okay?"

Calix, who seemed like he would agree, suddenly asked again. With a slightly desperate look on his face.

“I like Miss Rosenia.”

"Calix."

"This is my first time feeling like this. I'm devastated that I feel incompetent and that I can't do anything. What should I do in times like this?"

He looked like a child wandering around without knowing the answer.

Calix and Rexed had similar textures.

Everything in their lives was perfect and there was nothing lacking, so there was nothing to give up.

This was probably the first time Calix faced a situation where he had to 'give up'.

"If the other person doesn't have feelings for you, you should give up."

"But......."

"Calix, arbitrarily imposing only your feelings is no different from violence against the other person.

"..."

"And Rosenia......."

Penelope hesitated.

Can she tell Calix that there is a man in Rosenia whom she has not yet forgotten?

Penelope did not look kindly on Rosenia's ex-man..

To the child hidden by his widowed wife.

If there was such a problem, he should have made it known a long time ago before expressing your interest.

At the time, she was so shocked when she heard it that she just ignored it, but when she thought about it, she realized he was an unpleasant guy. 

But here, if Rosenia didn't say that she already had someone in mind, it seemed like Calix wouldn't give up on her easily.

Penelope, having made up her mind, opened her mouth.

"Rosenia already has someone more important than anyone else. So don't bother her."

"No way, that person..." 

"By the way, this is not a Rexed."

Penelope added with a straight face.

But Calix's reaction was strange.

His expression became more desperate than before.

"Haha."

Calix let out a dry laugh.

"I fell into the trap I set myself."

"Huh?"

"I acted so proud, but I was the fool."

Calix muttered darkly.

It was an incomprehensible sound.

An ominous Penelope advised him once more.

"Don't just ignore what I say. I'm saying this not only for Rosenia but also for you."

"..."

"If you truly respect the other person, do not ignore the other person's wishes. Don't just force your feelings, but think about what the other person really wants."

Calix's tightly closed mouth did not open.

Whether he really accepted Penelope's words was up to him to know.

***

A sunny day just one day before Penelope's wedding.

There was a person who passed through the wide open gates of the capital.

"Huh.."

Nathaniel stopped the carriage for a moment got out and stretched.

It was the capital where he returned after more than half a year after being driven out to the territory.

Nathaniel smiled with satisfaction in the noisy and hectic atmosphere.

"As expected, the capital is live!"

He was so tired from being stuck in a corner of an empty estate.

It was none other than the Marquis Pierre who called him, who was in self-reflection, to the capital.

[You have been self-reflecting for over half a year now. You can't leave the upper part unattended for too long, so come on up now. You must attend Her Highness's wedding, so don't be late.]

After receiving the Marquis's permission, Nathaniel was excited and tried to come straight to the capital.

However, because there were many carriages heading to the capital, the road was blocked, so he only arrived today, the day before the wedding.

"Hmm,"

Nathaniel crossed his arms and thought deeply.

If he goes home now, his father will definitely tell him to go straight to the top.

Does it really have to be that way?

Since the wedding was tomorrow anyway, he had to show his face at all costs.

In that sense, it could be said that he only had one day of free time left.

He can't miss this opportunity.

"Hey."

It was the moment when Nathaniel called the driver.

A crumpled letter fell from his pocket.

Nathaniel frowned and picked it up.

It was a letter containing very cheeky content, saying that his younger sister was in control of the Pierre clan and that he should come to her if he wanted help.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments