TVTLQ - Chapter 120

TVTLQ - Chapter 120

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



It was only ten days ago that a suspicious letter from an unknown sender arrived to Nathaniel.

The letter was sandwiched between the Marquis's letters, and no one knew who had sent it.

Moreover, the content was so absurd.

Rosenia is controlling the upper part of Pierre.

"This is such a ridiculous story."

Nathaniel muttered, shaking the dirt off the letter.

After all, the Rosenia he remembered was nothing more than an immature younger sister.

A young girl who has no idea about the world and wants to follow everything she does.

He should applaud her for not getting the job done sooner, but he didn't think that Rosenia was doing a good job.

And above all, the Marquis had never told him about Rosenia's achievements.

"Besides, what's the problem?"

If you want help, come to me?

It was an unlucky attitude as if they were hostile towards him.

Nathaniel suddenly became upset and tore the letter in half.

He guesses it won't work.

He needs to change his mood by drinking as much as he can.

He roughly stuffed the letter into his pocket and called the coachman.

"Hey."

"Yes, Master."

"Let's go to Scarlett Street."

Scarlett Street was the capital's representative entertainment street.

The coachman's face turned pale when he received the marquis order to bring him home.

"Now? But the Marquis told me to come straight to the mansion..."

"If I go, I will go. Why are you talking so much?"

Nathaniel raised his voice.

He's already feeling dirty, but it doesn't seem like much.

He poked the coachman's chest with his finger.

"And who are you daring to confront now? I've been in the territory for a while, so now I'm easy!"

"Oh no, no. Is that possible?"

"How dare someone like that tell me this and that?"

"S-sorry. I was wrong."

The coachman, who knew Nathaniel's temper, hastily apologized.

He urgently changed his words. 

"Come on, get on. I will take you there."

"Tsk, be careful. I'll just look at it once."

Nathaniel, who scolded the coachman, got into the carriage with a relieved look on his face.

Even the coachman had no choice in the face of the bastard that once dominated the capital.

In the end, the carriage carrying him left for the entertainment district rather than Pierre's mansion.

***

The royal wedding ceremony begins very early in the morning.

After the main ceremony, which begins in the morning, the couple rides a carriage and marches around the capital.

And in the evening when the sun sets, a reception is held for the guests, and only after all these events are over can the couple leave for their honeymoon.

"Father, are you looking for someone?"

I entered the imperial palace earlier, and I asked my father who was looking around without entering.

My father flinched in surprise at my question.

"Uh? No, no,"

"The ceremony will begin soon. You need to sit down now."

"Yes. That should be it..."

But my father was still hesitant. It seemed like he was looking for something.

My father looked at me and said.

"Rose, I think this father needs to leave for a while."

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"Uh, uh. Yes. So I think I need to go to the bathroom. Go in first and sit down. I'll go right away."

"All right."

He's been twisting his body all morning and it looks like he has an intestinal problem.

I didn't think it was a big deal, so I sent my father away and entered the ceremony hall first.

The wedding hall where the wedding would take place was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers.

Only invited guests were allowed to attend the main ceremony, and because of that, the seats were reserved in advance.

My seat was in the third row from the front.

"..."

I couldn't say it out loud because there were many eyes watching, but I cheered on the inside.

Considering that all of the royal family relatives were sitting in front of me, I was assigned the next best seat.

It also meant that Penelope cared about me that much and that other people would perceive me that way too.

"Greatness."

I sat down and straightened my posture, conscious of the gaze around me.

Perhaps because my father wasn't around, I felt like more eyes were on me.

'Well, Pierre is currently the main player.'

More than half a year has passed since Nathaniel was driven out to the territory, and my father's activity radius has also decreased.

Because of Nathaniel's atrocities, my father was also condemned by the Empress.

In the end, I could say that I was the only one who could move freely whether it was work at the top or family.

Not long after I sat down, a fanfare rang out.

It is the sound that announces the start of the wedding.

At the same time, my father came back in a hurry.

He was a little upset.

"Father, you are late."

"Uh, uhh."

"Still, I'm glad you came before access was blocked."

This is where all the royal family gathered. Please don't tarnish my face and behave properly.

A hymn sounded and the high priest came out of the temple to announce the start of the wedding ceremony.

With a pounding heart, I waited for the moment Penelope appeared. And finally, amidst everyone's expectations, Penelope entered.

"Wow."

I let out an exclamation.

Penelope, wearing a pure white dress, was very elegant and beautiful.

An innate nobility overflowed from her.

At the same time, her slightly shy red cheeks made her look more lively.

It was a truly fitting expression for a new bride starting a happy married life.

'I'm glad that the tears of the World Tree seem to be helping.'

It seemed like her complexion had definitely improved in just a few weeks.

The Prince, whose face was as daunting as Penelope's, took her hand.

The Archbishop read the wedding Yows.

Rings were exchanged and the Archbishop declared:

"By the grace of God, we declare that the two of you have officially become husband and wife."

Pollen firecrackers exploded and thunderous applause filled the venue.

I clapped harder than anyone else.

I hope that Penelope, who has been through a lot of hardships, will now be happy.

However, the moment I turned my head to follow Penelope's movements, I made eye contact with a man.

It was Calix who was sitting in the seat directly opposite me.

"..."

For a split second, my gaze and his gaze were intertwined.

It was my first time seeing Calix since the day he confessed to me. It's been almost two weeks, and the other person's mood has changed a lot in that time.

He looked sharper and cooler than before. He also seemed a little thin.

Fortunately, the gaze was quickly broken as the other person turned his head.

I also straightened my posture and looked forward.

'Now that I think about it, Calix seems to have become a little quiet these days.'

Since he was so persistent in sending gifts, I instructed Annie to take care of the things that came from Calix.

Instead, I only received reports once every few days, and it only occurred to me that there had been no reports recently.

Looking back on my memories, it seemed like it had been about a week.

'Could it be that Calix changed his mind?'

Have you given up on that ridiculous idea that you like me?

It's hard to describe it as unrequited love, but I thought the feeling would last a long time anyway.

But it seems like that feeling eventually came to an end.

My heart is pounding.

My heart was racing.

If his interest in me had truly stopped completely, I didn't think anything would be better.

***

Calix, who made eye contact with Rosenia, quickly turned his head. The surroundings are so buzzing with cheers and applause for the newly married couple. 

Thump thump.

All he could hear was his own heart beating rapidly.

The sound was so loud that he was worried that others would hear it.

The moment he saw her, it was like a drop of water had fallen on the land that had been parched due to a severe drought.

A brightly smiling figure flashed before his eyes.

The smile wasn't directed at him, but it was still nice.

To the point where he wants to go up to her right now and talk to her somehow.

"..."

Calix clenched the hand on his thigh into a tight fist.

He had to control this helplessly shaking heart.

Now he's decided not to do anything that would embarrass her.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Oh god. Her father is so stupid. Now we have to deal with that idiot again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment