TVTLQ - Chapter 118

TVTLQ - Chapter 118

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly





"Meet the little sun of the Empire."

"You're here."

"Yes."

I thought I was on time, but Rexed arrived a little earlier.

I was nervous that he might yell, but surprisingly, Rexed didn't say anything.

Rexed has definitely changed.

If it had been before, the Young Lady would have said all sorts of things, starting with a sarcastic comment about not being able to read a watch.

"Come on. My sister will be waiting for you."

"Yes."

I walked behind Rexed.

As I was walking down the hallway like that, Rexed suddenly turned around and pointed at me.

"Don't walk from behind, come from the side."

"Next to... ?"

Is it really necessary for us to walk side by side?

"Hurry."

At the other person's urging, I hesitantly stood next to him and walked.

Then a satisfied smile appeared on Rexed's face.

"Tell my sister that I have come."

"Yes, Your Highness."

When we arrived, Penelope was sitting on the sofa in her room.

Perhaps because the wedding was just around the corner, there was a hint of nervousness on her face.

She looked surprised to see Rexed and I visiting together.

"Rosenia? You came too."

"Yes, Your Highness. Have you been peaceful all night?"

"Yes."

She looked back and forth between me and the Rexed.

He seemed confused when he saw me with Rexed.

I didn't want to do this either, Your Highness.

"The reason I came today is to deliver something that Your Highness has been waiting for for a long time."

For a moment, Penelope's eyes became alive.

"And His Royal Highness the Crown Prince provided a lot of help in preparing this."

"Rexed?"

"Yes."

I was the one who knew about the existence of natural magic stones, and I was the one who discovered them.

The wrong person secretly took part in my achievements.

If you think about it, wouldn't this have happened if Rexed hadn't stopped the development of Dostic in the first place?

Like a damn Prince,

"Ah..."

Penelope took a small gift box from me and unwrapped it with trembling hands.

A newly carved turquoise magic stone was revealed as a ring.

A soft light shimmered.

Penelope carefully took out the ring and put it on the fourth finger of her right hand.

"How is it?"

I asked her nervously.

Penelope looked at the ring and admired it.

"Surely... I feel like my body has become a little lighter."

"Do you feel anything strange?"

"Not at all. Rather, it feels energizing. Interesting. This is my first time doing something like this."

Well, even though I am healthy and have no pain anywhere, I thought it was like a fatigue reliever when I first wore it.

Penelope, who is in worse shape than me, will enjoy greater benefits from the base effect.

Penelope smiled brightly at me.

"Thank you for keeping your promise, Rosenla."

“No.”

"Rexed, you too. I didn't know you had anything to do with this."

"It's something to do with my sister, so of course I have to step forward."

Rexed boasted shamelessly.

Ugh, I can't even hit that thing.

But Rexed added something unexpected there.

"And I only helped with the craftsmanship. Pierre here did all the actual preparations."

"Yes?"

"Yes. So, please give the public affairs to Pierre."

I blinked both eyes.

I thought Rexed would say what I did as if it were his own doing.

Contrary to my expectations, he returned the ball to me.

I glanced at Rexed.

When our eyes met, he smiled brightly.

It was my first time seeing him smile. I felt strange and quickly turned my head away.

"I heard that delegations from various countries are arriving one after another to congratulate Her Highness on her wedding day."

"Yes, that's right."

Penelope smiled kindly and answered the question to change the top.

"Thanks to Pierre for preparing the necessary items for entertaining guests. I think we will be able to receive guests without any problems."

"That's too much praise."

"There will be a meeting to coincide with my wedding. Rexed, are you preparing well?"

"Sure. We are fully prepared so that you can leave for Borsha without any worries."

"Haha, yes. You're trustworthy."

We had tea time and chatted lightly for a while.

After a while, Rexed left the place first, led by an attendant who came to look for him.

It looks like he was actually busier than he thought.

When we were alone together, Penelope asked me as if she had been waiting.

"Rosenia, when did you become so close to Rexed?"

"I can't believe we've become friends. How could I have such a relationship with His Royal Highness the Crown Prince?"

I corrected Penelope's misunderstanding with a straight face.

"His Royal Highness only helped me craft the Items I prepared to suit his taste. There is nothing else."

"Is that really all it is?"

"Sure."

But Penelope seemed to be bothered by my denial. She hesitated for a moment and then asked me.

“Rosenia.”

"Yes, Your Highness."

"What if? What would you think if Rexed liked you?"

I'm glad I finished drinking the tea earlier.

Otherwise, I would have to spit out all the tea I was drinking.

I barely calmed down and answered.

"I don't think that will happen."

"Think what if, if."

"I have already caused a lot of trouble to His Highness the Crown Prince. It's the past, but that doesn't mean my actions will disappear. So, if His Highness truly feels sorry, I think it is right for me to quietly step down."

In the first place, I had no desire to do well with Rexed.

Rather, why is Penelope like this all of a sudden?

Last time, she tried to introduce Calix.

Feeling ominous, I told her.

"Your Highness, I have no intention of meeting anyone yet."

"Because you haven't forgotten that guy yet?"

"I can't say absolutely nothing, but I won't create a situation that will cause Her Highness to worry. And now I just want to focus on work."

This is sincere.

Pierre's upper class was now on an upward trajectory.

And as the person who has led the way to the top so far, I wanted to reach that peak perfectly.

"Okay. If that's what you mean."

Penelope obediently agreed to the will I showed.

After that, we had our last conversation before the wedding.

From now on, there won't be many opportunities to meet and talk privately with Penelope like this.

I've received a lot of help so far, and she's a really nice person.

I felt a little sad that she was getting married.

***

After Rosenia left, Penelope, left alone, was lost in thought.

'I think it's true that Rexed likes Rosenia.'

She knew her brother well.

Rexed, who was born with everything in his hands, had nothing to regret.

Because whatever he wanted, he could easily get it.

Maybe that's why he had a light temper and was very moody.

Like in the past, when a relative showed interest in a neglected treasured sword, he suddenly became possessive.

'He came here with Rosenia even though he was busy today.'

Penelope's wedding is attended by delegations from every country on the continent.

And in line with this, joint national talks were also scheduled to take place.

Rexed, who will assist the Emperor, is the protagonist of the meeting.

However, even though he was busy preparing for the meeting, he decided to visit him with Rosenia.

"I feel anxious anyway."

She wonder if Rosenia has feelings for Rexed like before.

The current Rosenia was not interested in Rexed.

Rather, she wanted to focus more on growing the top of the family.

But what if Rexed gets angry at Rosenia for losing interest in him and tries to interfere with her?

'It's not just Rexed.'

Penelope thought that Calix was also interested in Rosenia.

As a result, the two powerful figures in the Empire are showing curiosity about Rosenia.

Can Rosenia survive on her own in such a situation?

'Once I leave for the Kingdom of Borsha, there will be no one to protect Rosenia.'

Penelope held onto the ring on his finger.

The mysterious power of the natural magic stone revitalized her heart.

It was a vitality that she would not have felt if it weren't for Rosenia.

Penelope wanted to respect Rosenia's feelings about not wanting to date right now.

She wanted to help her as much as she could so she could live the way she wanted.

So the next day, the person who had been called by Penelope came to visit her.


Previous            Next





        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments