TVTLQ - Chapter 117

TVTLQ - Chapter 117

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The cause was the owner of the mansion, Duke Altemir.

Calix Altemir was not in a good mood.

He didn't know exactly when it started, but there was a time when everyone was guessing.

"It started when he was aiming for the top of Pierre."

"That's right. It was definitely from then on."

From the time the Duke began to collect and analyze enormous amounts of information, rumors had already spread in the Chamber of Commerce, knowingly or unknowingly.

The Duke is currently aiming for another top spot.

However, people didn't even know where the top was...

The secret was revealed after Philip, who worked as Viscount Gray's secretary, was kicked out to a local branch.

"The Duke's goal is to be at the top of Pierre, so I just followed his wishes!"

He was demoted in an instant and immediately expressed his dissatisfaction at a drinking party. Due to the nature of the Chamber of Commerce in which there were no secrets, his remarks were immediately spread to the capital.

Philip, who freely revealed confidential information, was eventually kicked out completely, but people had already become aware of it.

That man did something wrong, so the Duke's plan to target Pierre came to naught and that upset the Duke.

It wasn't a wrong guess, but the direction was completely wrong.

"Ha..."

Inside the Duke's office, Calix sat at the desk and sighed.

He sighed so much that it now felt like his breathing.

Recently, as the amount of food he eats has decreased, his impression has become sharper.

It wasn't a pretty face to begin with, but now it felt a little scary.

A stern-faced Calix asked his aide.

"What more do you think I should do?"

"Hmm. That's it, Duke."

"If you have a good idea, let me know."

Dominic rolled his eyes.

Calix was a man with an indomitable will.

After confessing to Rosenia once more and being rejected, he seemed to be depressed for a while, but instead of giving up his feelings, he entered into a long-term battle. Domino thought that if he took the time and effort to approach her, one day, he would find a way. Since he confessed right away, it may be burdensome for the other person as well.

So this time, why not start with friends or acquaintances who can help each other with the operation of the top.

It wasn't an objectively bad idea. Until Rosenia rejected them all.

"She refuses confessions, she doesn't accept gifts, and she refuses even if I introduce her to a good business person."

"Duke."

"At this point, doesn't it seem like Miss Rosenia just doesn't want anything to do with me?"

Dominic couldn't bring himself to say that out loud.

If he said that, it seemed like the Duke who was still digging the tunnel would go all the way down to the basement level.

He denied it with a smile.

"Is that so? It's probably just because Miss Pierre is busy these days."

"Phew."

"Now that I think about it, isn't there a fair being held in the Kingdom of Utica next month? The Duke received an invitation as a special invitee. How about gifting an extra ticket to Miss Pierre and encouraging her to accompany you?"

"I already did it. And I got rejected."

The atmosphere became gloomy again.

Dominic sweated profusely.

He just wanted to be free from this unanswerable problem.

No matter how much he thought about it, it seemed like the only way.

to be freed was for Calix to give up his mind.

Because he doesn't think Miss Rosenia will ever change her mind.

But it seems like the Duke is also unwilling to change his mind, so what should he do?

"Of course, I should have properly punished that guy who did something pointless."

When Calix growled, Dominic quickly extinguished his anger.

"Haven't he already been kicked out of the Chamber of Commerce? It would have been punishment enough."

"If that hadn't happened, Miss Rosenia wouldn't have been so wary of me."

"But in the end, didn't you cancel the entire contract? Of course, Miss Rosenia looked for something separately, but......"

The crisis may have been an opportunity for recovery, but Pierre's upper division has been doing very well recently.

From what he heard, the unity within the top is not a joke.

It is said that if someone stabs it, it is ready to fight back immediately, so it is scary to touch it even as a joke.

"I've never felt so helpless."

Calix thought gloomily.

Does she really have no appreciation for him?

Isn't he just someone he wants to avoid, nothing more or less?

Even now, when he just looks at Rosenia, all thoughts disappear and his mind turns completely white...

Since he succeeded in winning her heart once with Dominic, he thought he might be able to do it this time too.

Not at all.

Currently, to Calix, Rosenia seems like an impregnable fortress that will never fall.

The situation, with no hope in sight, kept him sinking.

***

"How do you feel about a new beginning?"

"Having a store this big is like a dream."

Blanc cried as he looked around the store whose interior had been completed.

This is a store that was completed after many twists and turns.

Blanc must be just as emotional as I am.

I patted Blanc on the back.

"It's just the beginning. The store hasn't even opened yet. I don't know how many businesses in the world start out brightly and then fold without ever seeing the light of day."

"Well, is my design that bad...?"

"Oops. I said something wrong."

I smiled brightly at Blanc.

"Blanc's designs are always the best. I just wanted to say that since nothing in this world is easy, you should not relax and do your best."

"Yes...!"

"Did you know that the store opens on the day of Her Highness's wedding? There will be a lot of crowds. So be prepared."

"All right!"

Blanc answered loudly.

Looking at his passionate appearance, it seemed like there was no need to worry.

I left the rest of the work to Blanc and the other employees and left the store.

I got into the carriage and leaned comfortably on the backrest.

"Phew."

Now, all we have to do today is visit the imperial palace and hand over the tears of the World Tree to Penelope.

Rexed had the newly crafted items.

That meant I had to meet Rexed today as well.

"Well, I guess it'll be okay."

To be honest, my life has been a bit pleasant these days.

Rexed is no longer as unconditionally hostile to me as before.

He grumbles sometimes, but he quickly calms down when I show him that I'm following the rules.

The upper part was running extremely well.

It seems that the fact that Alter Company was attacking Pierre Company was a clear opportunity for the employees to take my side.

The top team that had gathered around me was on a very satisfactory upward trajectory without any creaks.

The projects we are working on are also producing good results.

"The only problem is......."

It's Calix who keeps making unnecessary contact.

It's been quite a while since he confessed to me.

And he was still expressing interest in me in various ways.

Even though his sabotage efforts had already failed.

The Calix I saw through the original work was a person who valued efficiency.

It seemed unlikely that he would continue to stick to methods that had already failed.

"So you're saying that Calix really likes me?"

I pressed my fingertips between my eyebrows in response to the pounding headache.

Not only did I not understand the current situation, I was not happy about it.

Even if we assume that the strategy of becoming that kind of kid from 'Was there ever a kid like that?' has already failed.

At least I don't want to have a deep relationship with the main characters of the original work.

Annie described it as a battle between a spear and a shield, seeing the endless offers and rejections.

At first, they were wary that Alter Company was trying to trick them again, but now they seemed curious about who would be the winner of this battle.

"I can't just refuse forever."

I hope he, or Estelle, breaks this damn relay.

There's Estelle over there, who's lovely, cute, and somehow perfect to look at.

Why are you doing this to me?

This is a new kind of bullying...Do you know?

While I was suffering, the carriage arrived at the imperial palace.

For Penelope, I decided to go with Rexed.

As I was walking towards the place where we agreed to meet, I saw a figure in the distance. A smile appeared on the face of the person who saw me.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments