TVTLQ - Chapter 116

TVTLQ - Chapter 116

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



It was a calm voice.

I didn't really react to his words.

Calix continued speaking as if he had been expecting an answer from me in the first place.

"I was impressed by the way you solved the problem on behalf of Nathaniel Pierre. It would not have been surprising if Pierre's top team had been kicked out. But Miss Rosenia immediately turned the situation around."

That's because it was a plan I had already planned.

"I heard that it was your first time working at a top company, and I was surprised to see that you seemed very skilled at closing deals. Of course, I was a little embarrassed when Miss Rosenia came to consult with me about breaking the contract... Soon it started leading the way to the top so well that I couldn't even think about it."

"..."

"And I think it was from then on, "I became interested in you."

I was startled, but I walked steadily forward.

I didn't want to listen carefully to what Calix said.

"The more I looked at you, the more I realized you were a different person from the one I knew. At first.l, I thought it would be a good idea for you to work for me. Because I highly value your abilities... But at some point, none of that mattered and all that remained was my goodwill."

Calix stopped walking.

In the end, I had no choice but to stop along with him.

There was only me and Calix in the small forest.

Calix came closer and spoke to me.

"Miss Rosenia, I truly like you."

A ray of sunlight warmly shone down on the forest that was filled with only refreshing air.

I looked at Calix.

There was no wavering in the gaze that followed me.

On the other hand, his body was stiff, perhaps a little tense. As if the confession he made to me was sincere.

I felt like I had a sense of déjà vu, but now I understand.

I was projecting myself into Calix.

This is what I looked like when I confessed to Mr. Dominic.

He was just like me in that he made confessions that the other person could not accept.

At that time, did Dominic feel similar emotions to what I feel now?

'I seem to think of Dominic a lot today.'

I opened my mouth, feeling bitter.

"I am grateful that the Duke views me so favorably."

Calix's expression brightened slightly at the soft voice without any thorns.

"But I'm sorry. I have no interest In meeting anyone at the moment." 

But it didn't change my conclusion.

Calix, the male protagonist of the original work, confessed to me.

It was ridiculous.

Even if it made sense, I had no intention of accepting it.

First, Calix came out and attacked Pierre's upper tier.

He said it was all just a misunderstanding, but there was too much evidence and testimony to believe that unconditionally.

There are also his actions that were shown in the original work.

Besides, what else could Estelle doo?

I don't even like Calix, so there was no need to take on all those risks and start dating him.

'First of all, I still think Dominic.'

I bit my lower lip.

I'm not trying to do something.

It's not like I'm trying to find someone who left me again.

I just wanted to wait until my mind regained its peace on its own.

I felt like only then could I fully accept my breakup with Dominic.

"The Duke is a wonderful person. So I think you could meet someone better."

"There is no one better than Miss Rosenia."

"Thank you for saying that."

I smiled softly.

"But as I said earlier, I have no intention of forming a deep relationship at the moment. It's either because I can't afford it or because of personal circumstances."

“Miss Rosenia.”

"You've been sending me gifts over the past few weeks. These are all rare and valuable things that cannot be easily obtained. But now I want you to stop sending me away."

"It was just a small gift to express my feelings."

"So I wish you would stop sending me more."

Calix's face hardened.

He looked so hurt that even I felt momentarily weak.

I said, pretending not to see.

"This matter has already been reached, but I thought it would be rude to the Duke to keep sending gifts back."

"Then, if Miss Rosenia accepts my gift...."

"No. That won't happen, Duke."

The chances that Calix and I would get along were zero from the beginning.

Before we knew it, the clouds had come in and the sunlight had disappeared.

A cold wind passed by us.

"The Duke spoke honestly to me, so I am also expressing my feelings honestly."

"Miss Rosenia, please think about it again......"

I took off Calix's coat draped over my body.

As I took off his coat, I felt the winter cold directly, but I did not show it outwardly.

I neatly organized his coat and handed it to Calix.

"Please take it."

Calix stared at his coat with trembling eyes.

As if this coat was his heart.

I waited for him to take his coat.

After a while, Calix muttered.

"The coat... Please keep wearing it."

"Duke."

"It's cold. If you stay like that, you'll catch a cold."

"It's okay."

"So everything is okay, but what I give you is not okay?"

Calix said in tears.

I didn't answer.

This was a question that had already been answered several times.

As if holding back his disappointment, Calix washed his face dry.

A low, groaning voice escaped through his fingers.

"I will not accept it."

"Duke."

"I have already walked a lot in the glasshouse. I can't let you go without a coat on this cold day."

"But...."

"If you still don't like it, throw it away."

After speaking up to that point, Calix turned around and started going back the way he came.

I stood there alone for a moment.

With the coat, he left me.

***

What actions of mine created the current results?

Early spring, when all things begin to emerge.

The empire was in a festive mood on the occasion of the Princess's wedding.

Princess Penelope, the eldest of the current Emperor's children, is marrying the Prince of Borsha Kingdom!

It's been a while since the royal wedding itself, but this time, since it was a cross-national event, expectations were even higher.

Everyone was excited for the upcoming wedding.

Except for one place: Duke Altemir's residence.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments