TVTLQ - Chapter 115

TVTLQ - Chapter 115

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Did you hear?

Judging from the expression on his face, I think he heard it.

I straightened my posture and played it off as if nothing had happened.

Penelope was also an expert at managing facial expressions.

She smiled and changed the subject.

"I was just about to order a new dessert to be brought out, but it came right away. Do you like carrot cake or lemon tart?"

"I'll have a lemon tart."

"What about you, Rosenia?"

I also like lemon tart..

But I didn't want to eat the same thing as Calix.

"Carrot cake is good."

"I changed my mind. I also have carrot cake."

"Then I'm a lemon..."

"I'll just tell you to bring both."

When Penelope gestured, the maids who had been waiting in advance served dessert on the table.

Warm tea was also served again, creating an atmosphere that felt like a real tea time.

'Your Highness, please tell him quickly.'

I glanced sideways at Penelope and gave her a desperate signal.

Penelope sighed once and spoke softly.

"It's the return gift I mentioned earlier, Calix."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"I guess I was short-thinking."

Calix, who was putting down the teacup, paused.

Penelope smiled with a kind face.

"I felt like I was just giving busy people more work to do for no reason."

"Not at all, Your Highness."

"Not really. I know very well that you are so busy that even having two bodies is not enough."

As expected, Penelope was skilled.

She smiled kindly and skillfully sprinkled the words.

I drank my tea quietly without interrupting their conversation.

"Fortunately, Rosenia said she had already made some preparations. I thought I was putting a burden on you for no reason, but I'm glad I did."

"That means..."

"There's no need to show your trouble. Please forget what I said today."

"It's not long until the wedding, but if preparations are already made, that's a good thing. All right."

"Still, since we're here now, let's just relax and have some tea. Try some cake. The chef made it with great care."

Calix stared at the carrot cake in front of him.

Then he began to eat his share of cake in silence.

'Still, it looks like he's quietly backing off in front of Penelope."

I already hate seeing him, but I'm glad I don't have to run into him anymore.

Only then did I pick up my fork after an hour's rest.

It was then...

"Does Lady Rosenia like men with children?"

“Puhup.”

Penelope, who was shaking her head, chuckled.

"Your Highness!"

"Are you okay?" 

The maids were surprised and quickly brought water to Penelope.

I said, handing her my handkerchief.

"The world is wide and people's tastes are diverse, so there can be many different situations."

"Cough, Rosenia... !"

"Okay. I think Lady is an example of that diversity."

"Calix, even you! Cough."

Calix looked at me intently.

The blue eyes were burning brightly.

Why are you angry?

'He seems like a male lead who is less than half as good as Dominic.'

Dominic would say that if I say he likes everything, he will like everything and respect me.

No matter what nonsense I say.

I turned my head away indifferently.

I felt eyes on me, but I steadfastly pretended not to notice.

"What are you two doing?"

Penelope, who had barely stopped coughing, lowered her voice.

"Are you really going to argue in front of me right now?"

"No."

"Your Highness, are you okay?"

"Yes. You're asking so quickly."

Penelope glanced at me.

Embarrassed, I slowly averted my gaze.

No, but that person asked me a rude question first.

Even if I said that out of anger, It's true.

In what country is it etiquette to ask a Lady if she likes a man with children?

"I guess it won't work."

Penelope, who was worse off, came up with special measures.

"You two, go outside right now and take a walk around the area to cool your heads."

"Yes?"

"If there is a misunderstanding between you two, resolve the misunderstanding, and if you still intend to fight, try to make up your mind. This is my request out of respect for both of you."

"Your Highness, are you serious?"

"Yes. Hurry."

In an instant, I was kicked out of the glasshouse with Calix.

It happened in the blink of an eye.

The cold winter wind hit my cheek.

At the same time as the absurdity of the current situation, I felt regret for my actions.

We're going to break up soon anyway, so I guess I'll just wait a little longer.

I was angry at the thought that Calix had ignored Mr. Dominic...

"Haha."

But then, I heard a small laugh next to me.

I turned my head.

Calix was laughing, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. The curved corners of his eyes made him look a little younger than usual.

"..."

I stared at him.

Then Calix noticed the gaze and cleared his throat loudly.

"You used the same method I used when I was fighting with His Highness the Crown Prince when I was young."

"Yes."

I see. I'm not interested in that.

I quickly turned my head back and thought desperately about how to kill time.

But then, a large coat was draped over my shoulders.

"Let's go."

It was Calix's coat.

I said a little embarrassed.

"Are you sure you want to take a walk around the palace?"

"Then Miss Rosenia, do you plan to disobey Her Highness's orders?"

"That..."

"Let's walk a little bit. I must cool my head as she said."

Calix, who had spoken up to that point, began to take the first step. He handed over his coat to me and put on only an indoor jacket.

"Take your coat back!" 

I shouted loudly, but he didn't care.

While I was staring at his back, I had no choice but to start following

Calix.

'Where are you going?'

Calix's steps were unstoppable.

He seemed to know the geography of the imperial palace well.

Well, since he has been friends with the Crown Prince since childhood, he must have been there a lot.

As I walked, I thought there were gradually more trees instead of people, but at some point, I could hear birdsong.

It felt like I was in the forest.

"Was there a place like this in the imperial palace?"

"This is a small forest created by His Majesty the Crown Prince to raise animals he received as a gift."

He was talking to himself, but Calix suddenly answered.

Only then did I realize that Calix was walking in step with me.

He was obviously walking a long way ahead of me, but I had no idea how long he had been next to me.

"There are no dangerous animals, so you don't have to worry."

I was quietly silent.

This situation was uncomfortable.

In the first place, walking alone with Calix was an event that should never have happened in my life.

Then, I heard a voice again.

"I was sorry about earlier."

I raised my head.

Calix, with a slightly gloomy expression, was talking to me.

"It was something that should not have been said to the Lady. I am deeply reflecting."

He was born to be shameless and arrogant, so I thought he would never apologize.

Surprisingly, I could feel the sincerity in his voice.

I finally said, sighing.

"I accept your apology."

“Miss Rosenia.”

"I think I said something a little carelessly."

I should have kept in mind that listening ears are everywhere and be careful with what I say.

I didn't know that Calix would hear it there.

After reconciliation, silence came.

We just walked in silence.

The small forest was nice for a walk because it was well-landscaped.

As I walked along the path, the emotions that were shaking like the waves calmed down a little.

'Penelope was wise.'

He already knew how to keep energetic young people quiet.

After a short walk, I feel like a calmer puppy.

Just as I was feeling a subtle emotion, Calix spoke up.

"The first time I became aware of Miss Rosenia was on the day of the unveiling of Her Royal Highness's first gift."


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments