TVTLQ - Chapter 114

TVTLQ - Chapter 114

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Calix's blue eyes followed her.

But before their eyes could meet, Rosenia quickly turned her head away.

'It's okay if your gaze isn't pretty.'

It would be nice if she could look at him a little more.

Although his heart ached, Calix did not show it and continued the conversation.

"Have you thought of anything in advance?"

"Originally, we planned to provide perfume and cosmetics. But it seems like there will be likes and dislikes about it."

"That is correct. It's a part where taste inevitably comes into play."

Calix agreed with Penelope's words and continued to look at Rosenia.

She did not join their conversation.

Penelope only nodded occasionally when she spoke.

He couldn't tell what the other person was thinking just by looking at their facial expressions.

Calix, who had become impatient, mustered up courage and spoke to Rosenia.

"I wonder what the mainstream is, but what do you think, Lady Rosenia?"

Rosenia raised her head.

Pretty red eyes looked at him.

Calix's heart was pounding loudly.

She lowered her eyelashes and spoke calmly.

"Wouldn't alcohol, like cosmetics, come with likes and dislikes?"

"Yes. Lady Rosenia is right. Then which do you think is better?"

"Well, I do not know."

With that, Rosenia closed her mouth again.

The conversation did not go on at all.

It seemed like Rosenia had no will to continue the conversation with Calix.

Penelope, noticing the strange silence between the two, quickly intervened.

"It seems I brought you two together too suddenly. You both are usually busy people, but I called you two without even giving you time to think."

"That is not true, Your Highness. Your Highness is calling, so of course I have to enter the palace."

Calix smiled and humbled himself. Rosenia was quiet.

Penelope patted the back of Rosenia's hand. 

"Rosenia. I overlooked that you must be having a hard time these days. If you not feeling well today, shall we discuss it again later?"

Then Rosenia raised her head and asked.

"Am I going to be with the Duke again next time?"

"Huh? Umm, right?"

"I think ceramics would be good."

"Ceramic?"

"Yes. I think it would be perfect to celebrate the happy day if we provided a plate or teacup with portraits of Her Highness the Princess and the Prince inserted in the center. Of course, not only will there be no difference in likes or dislikes, but it will be a precious gift worth keeping in itself as it will reflect the well-being of Your Highness and the Prince."

Rosenia, as if suddenly speechless, quickly poured out her thoughts. It was an opinion so neat that it was hard to believe that it was someone who had never responded in any way before.

Penelope clapped her hands.

"That's a good idea. It will definitely be a memorable gift."

"I think it would be really cool."

"That's right. I want it already."

The maids standing next to Penelope chimed in as if they agreed.

Pottery with portraits painted on it.

Calix was also impressed.

There have been many events held by the imperial family so far, but there has never been a return gift of that kind prepared.

It was definitely a unique and valuable gift.

But at the same time, one thing he suddenly realized bothered him.

'Does Rosenia hate being with me so much?'

As soon as he heard that she had to be with him again next time, she blurted out her thoughts as if she had been waiting.

Since the explanation was quite specific, it was clear that she had already planned it from the beginning.

Maybe it's something that's already been prepared.

But the reason he haven't spoken up until now is probably because she didn't want to get into a conversation with him.

"L'Haven't I already said several times that the real estate matter was all just a misunderstanding?'

He even tried to hand over the temporary real estate contract to her.

In addition, he handed over all the market reports he had analyzed for her.

If she was leading the same group, she would be fully aware of what that means.

'She doesn't even want to interact with me.'

The moment Calix realized that fact, he felt frustrated.

Calix rubbed his heart.

He had trouble breathing and felt like he was suffocating.

"Calix? Why."

Penelope asked worriedly, finding him a bit strange.

Calix barely raised the corners of his mouth and smiled.

"It's nothing. Is it okay if I leave the room for a while?"

"Are you not feeling well?"

"No. Just a little bathroom..."

"Oh yeah. Go back."

Calix expressed his understanding and walked away. Even at that moment, Rosenia had no interest in Calix.

Until now, it was just a race against time, and he thought he would eventually be able to make her understand and let go of her anger.

Now doubts about whether he could really succeed began to occupy his mind.

***

The moment Calix closes the door.

I opened my mouth as if I had been.

"Your Highness, why didn't you tell me that the Duke would also be joining us for tea time?"

"Rosenia, Calix is also in front of you, why are you doing this today?"

And it seemed that Penelope was also waiting for Calix to leave.

We spoke at the same time and looked at each other.

Penelope said with a sigh. 

"Speak first."

"You called us together on purpose. With Duke Altemir."

"Yes, that's right." 

I was in charge of overseeing Her Highness's wedding. However, if you suddenly call Alter Company to prepare the return gift at the end of the wedding... It makes me wonder if you didn't have faith in me."

"Why do you think that, Rosenia? It's not like that."

Penelope waved her hands in embarrassment.

I lowered my gaze gloomily.

"Even if it's not really like that. Why? Did something happen? Do you know what the Alter Company has done to the Pierre Company recently?"

"What is he doing?"

"They put all the buildings in the capital under temporary contract, making it impossible for me to find space to use as a commercial building."

"Calix?"

"Yes. Besides, do you know what the Duke said to me later after the fact became known? He did it because he liked me."

'Aren't he really crazy?'

What I wanted to say most, I held back because of the other person.

Penelope, who blinked in surprise, looked at me and opened her mouth.

"Isn't there some misunderstanding? Maybe he really likes you."

"Duke Altemir and I are just strangers. I can count on one hand the number of times I have encountered him. And I think usually when you like someone, you want to be nice to them and not get in their way."

"Hmm... That's right."

"Furthermore, this does not simply mean that the Alter Company is attacking the Pierre Company. There have already been many testimonies and evidence. This is evidence that the Duke is gathering information targeting Pierre. In fact, the Duke even sent me a report of his analysis."

"Report?"

"It was a declaration of war. My business has already been analyzed, so there is no point in doing anything."

At the top, I was the leader and had to show dignity, so even when I was angry, I calmed down on the inside and looked calm on the outside.

In front of Penelope, the words came out softly, as if they were gossiping.

I quietly glanced at the spot where Calix was sitting.

"Your Highness. I want to take full responsibility for your royal wedding. The gift in return that I mentioned earlier had already been planned and I was planning to tell Her Highness separately. I don't think there is a need to discuss this with Alter Company again at this point."

“Ah, um..."

"Your Highness, I earnestly ask you to do so. Please allow me to reap the beauty of my life."

I waited for Penelope's answer calmly but with the determination to never back down.

Penelope swallowed.

"Ah. I understand. I will do as you wish."

"Thank you..!"

"If I had known this would be the case, I would have asked your opinion first."

"My opinion?"

"Originally. Hmm......"

Penelope lowered her eyebrows in embarrassment.

"I can't help it that something like that happened. To tell you the truth, I was originally going to introduce you to Calix today. Since you both are single, I thought it would be nice to meet you..."

"I absolutely hate it."

As soon as I heard it, I failed to control my facial expression.

I refused with a straight face.

"Duke Altemir. I would rather meet a man with children twice."

"Rosenia! That's not allowed. Have a normal meeting!" 

"That means I don't like Duke Altemir."

As I was arguing with Penelope, I heard the door squeak open. I slowly turned my head.

Calix looking as if he was shocked, was standing in front of the door.



A New Series, The Male Lead's Nephew Like Me So Much was out!
You can check it here!


Previous            Next



Comments

  1. Damn he really ruined it for himself. It’s so funny that handed over the analysis without explaining anything and exacerbated the confusion and misunderstanding. I almost feel bad.
    Thanks for the update <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment