TVTLQ - Chapter 113

TVTLQ - Chapter 113

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I always thought I had to solve everything myself.

In my past life, I had to pay my younger brother's debt, and in this life, I had to deal with all the crises that faced my superiors.

But what an arrogant thought that was actually.

"Sir, here is the list I have been researching."

"This is the current status of those who asked me to find out. It appears that this company lost the upper limit to Alter Trading Company and opened a small upper limit again."

"Ready for contact. Shall we proceed right away?"

A wide-open office and people rushing back and forth.

Pierre's upper deck was very lively, with everyone moving together.

After realizing the common goal of defeating the Alter Company, their eyes sparkled with vitality.

"Good. Let's proceed like this here and go out and inspect this place."

"Yes! All right."

"And this thing..."

The situation, which seemed like a tangled thread, was gradually unraveling.

Even if I don't have to bring up future events.

If I had touched it, it would have been an all-out war.

'In a way, it's fortunate.'

Then I would have been completely immersed in the original work.

In a way, these people helped me regain my composure.

At that time, Annie, who had gone out for a while, came back to me.

She was holding a large bouquet of flowers and a gift box.

"Sir, a letter has arrived."

 "Also?"

I frowned.

How many days has it been already?

At that time, someone near me asked.

"Sir, who sent you?"

"Alter Company."

At that moment, the eyes of everyone around me flashed fiercely.

The eyes were like those of a hunting dog waiting for a command with its prey in front of it.

I stretched out my hand.

"Give it to me."

Annie handed me a letter.

When I opened the envelope with a paper-knife, I found luxurious stationery with a faint scent.

I laughed out loud after reading all the letters that arrived today.

"Ha."

Crazy guy.

It seemed like he was still planning on going ahead with his strategy of saying he liked me.

There was a detailed confession in the letter claiming that all of this was a misunderstanding.

"It also came with a gift. Flowers today too. What should I do?"

"Send it back as is."

"The flowers will wilt quickly."

"Then just send back the gift and throw away the flowers."

When Annie nodded as if she understood, the person next to her took the flowers from Annie.

After that, several people followed in succession.

I bet 10 gold that that flower will be burned by the hands of angry people.

"And I'm going to visit the imperial palace for a while in the afternoon."

"You are going to see Her Highness the Princess."

"Yes. He suddenly asked to have tea time."

Although work was busy, Penelope's call could not be ignored.

I can't help it.

I need to take a moment to cool off after everything has come to this.

But my plan soon went awry.

“Miss Rosenia?”

"Why is the Duke here?"

I ran into an unexpected person at the meeting place, the glass greenhouse of the imperial palace.

"You both came. Please sit down."

When I saw Calix, my impression slightly hardened.

I didn't want to confirm my bad luck like this.

For some reason, it felt like today would be a long day.

***

Recently, Calix was struggling with emotions he was experiencing for the first time in his life. And that comes from failing at everything you do.

He had never experienced failure in his life.

Whatever he did, it was so easy.

So he was more arrogant and confident.

He assured himself that just as Rosenia liked Dominic, she would also like him.

"The gift came back intact again?"

Calix's beautiful face was distorted.

“Yes. Duke..."

He sent letters and gifts every day, but they kept getting rejected.

Even the letters he wrote with sincerity were answered only once at the very beginning, and there were no replies at all after that.

[It's burdensome, so I hope you'll stop making jokes like this.]

The first reply that came was a complete denial of his feelings.

He would be happy if she just sent him a list of meaningless letters like before. 

"It seems like she thinks my confession was a ploy to engulf Pierre's superiors."

"Well, I guess..."

Aide Dominic frowned.

This is because Calix's guess was correct.

That wasn't Calix's true intention, but various circumstances had already created rumors that he was targeting the top of Pierre.

“Ha.”

Calix hit his head in pain. How on earth does he solve this problem?

He thought that if he got rid of Dominic, Rosenia would be able to continue that relationship with Calix.

When Calix was Dominic Willock, he was clearly Rosenia's favorite person.

But now, it seemed like he had become the person she hated the most and even despised.

He is belatedly trying to resolve the situation, but no matter what he tries, he is met with cold rejection, so it is not easy to approach.

If he sends a gift, it comes back as is, but if he goes to see her in person, they often say that she is not there.

However, he can't bring Dominic back.

Because it was already the worst breakup, and it ended in a way that could never be returned.

The person Rosenia liked actually had a hidden son.

Probably all that was there was gone.

'I was in a situation where Rosenia couldn't have a relationship with Dominic anyway..."

As things turned out like this, he couldn't help but feel regretful.

In summary, it meant that Calix was now a fool who only broke up with his lover without gaining anything.

"What shall we do, Duke? I wonder if continuing to send gifts like this will work...."

"But send it again."

Calix frowned, his blue eyes flashing.

"Send it until Miss Rosenia accepts it. If I want to persuade and explain, I need to be able to meet first."

"All right."

"If only I hadn't made that mistake in the first place."

Calix gritted his teeth.

Philip, who misunderstood and carried out his will, was already demoted and driven to a provincial branch.

It was a sad ending for someone who was overflowing with motivation.

A chance opportunity came to Calix, who was suffering so much.

“Miss Rosenia?”

"Why is the Duke here?"

It was when he arrived at the imperial palace and was waiting for Penelope's call.

There, Calix encountered Rosenia, whom he had longed to meet.

"You both came. Please sit down."

Penelope said to Calix and Rosenia.

Both Rosenia and Calix were embarrassed, but Penelope was the only one who remained calm.

Calix didn't know why, but he realized that Penelope had created this situation on purpose.

How to not miss an opportunity that comes his way.

He suddenly sat down in the seat indicated by Penelope.

Meanwhile, Rosenia hesitated in front of them.

Penelope urged gently.

“Rosenia, sit down.”

"Yes."

She reluctantly sat down.

It was right across from Calix.

Calix's heart was pounding.

Even though Rosenia wasn't even making eye contact with him, it was still good.

Just seeing her face after a long time made him feel revitalized...

The tea came out and Penelope spoke first.

"The reason I invited you two together today was because I wanted to ask you something."

"I see."

Calix, who had suddenly calmed down, smiled as if he had drawn it.

"What were you trying to ask?" 

"It's about the return gifts to be given to wedding guests. I need to prepare something suitable, but I'm not sure what to choose."

"Your Highness, if that were the case, you could have just told me..."

"Isn't it true that a man's perspective and a woman's perspective are different? You both run the upper level and both have great insight, so I thought it would be better if we discussed things together."

Rosenia bit her lower lip slightly at Penelope's explanation.

She turned her head and glanced very briefly at Calix.

It was only a moment, but it felt like she was glaring at him.



A New Series, The Male Lead's Nephew Like Me So Much was out!
You can check it here!


Previous                Next




Comments