TVTLQ - Chapter 112

TVTLQ - Chapter 112

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"I heard that the Alter Company has declared war on you!"

I frowned slightly.

With Calix's visit, it seemed like a rumor had already spread at the top.

It's not good to be like this.

If the atmosphere at the top gets worse because of making a fuss, what was supposed to be smooth sailing could end up being messed up.

It was a moment when I was trying to give them a light warning..

"We must never lose to Alter Company!" 

"Huh.....?"

"I can't back down like this! How did Pierre get here!"

The employee who shouted at the top of his voice huffed as if he couldn't hold back his anger.

Then the employee next to me shook his fist.

"You're right! We have seen how much effort the vice president  has put in for our Pierre merchant!"

"Even when the construction of Dostic was halted, no one worked harder than the vice president!"

"Honestly, everyone is just not talking, but don't they know everything about Alter Company's behavior? It's really too much!"

"Are there one or two places that went bankrupt because of that? The place where my younger brother worked also went bankrupt because of Alter Company."

"We can't let Alter steal Pierre!"

I blinked.

I thought the staff had come to complain about my anxiety, but that wasn't the case. Rather, they were angry at Alter Company.

Don't touch the top of Pierre we've grown together.

"I heard that you are very worried because there are no suitable commercial spaces right now. I will go out and find it!"

"Me too! My uncle works at a brokerage house. If you look around, you'll definitely find something for sale."

"We will help you, Vice President!"

"So don't be discouraged, Vice President!"

When Nathaniel was kicked out and there was a change, there were people I personally put in at the top, but there were also employees who stayed even before that.

So there were people who supported me and people who disapproved of me.

Since it was impossible to completely overthrow the top, it was a somewhat prepared choice. But now, they were the only ones who came to me and said they would help me.

There were a lot of people shouting the same thing not only in this room but also outside the door.

"Ah..."

I was speechless.

I felt a pang in my chest and my heart rang.

When did so many people start staying by my side? When did people start looking at me with such trusting eyes?

I felt like I was so busy all the time that I couldn't even look at the nearest place.

I felt like crying, so I bit my lower lip lightly.

"Everyone......"

Gulp, and swallowing sounds could be heard here and there. I said in a slightly depressed voice.

"Thank you."

“Vice President!”

"Yes. Pierre must never be taken away. We all made it together."

And I have so many people by my side supporting me.

With Mr. Dominic gone, I thought there was nothing left in this world I could rely on.

It wasn't so.

I had already put down roots here in my own way.

It also becomes a tree that can stand firmly on its own, rather than simply relying on someone else.

"Let's all do well together. Let's show that we are different from the existing top companies."

“Vice President..."

"Oh, why is the answer so small? Isn't everyone confident?"

"I'm confident! Of course, we can!"

"We will never lose!"

The world here is still a little unfamiliar and the future is scary.

Still, wouldn't I be able to overcome any difficulties that arise if I am with people who believe in me and support me?

I smiled brightly.

For the first time in a very long time, it was a sincere smile.

***

At the same time.

At the imperial palace, before Penelope's wedding, an event was held where the entire extended family of the imperial family gathered together for a meal.

"The wedding is just around the corner. Are the preparations for the ceremony going well?"

Penelope paused at the Emperor's question.

There was no problem preparing for the ceremony.

It would be a problem if my health was an issue, but Rosenia said she would deliver the goods soon, so I am trusting and waiting..

She answered with a slight smile.

"Yes, Your Majesty. It's going on without any problems."

"Before the ceremony, always behave properly and take time to prepare yourself."

"I will keep this in mind, Your Majesty."

The meal ended quickly in a rather calm atmosphere.

Afterward, an atmosphere was created where adults gathered with adults and young people gathered with young people.

Rexed was sitting on one of the sofas and looking through his sleeves.

To be exact, the purple cuffs at the end of the sleeves.

It was a cuff that Rosenia had given him when he came to visit not long ago.

Penelope came closer to him, thinking she might have also encountered Rexed.

"Rexed, there was something I wanted to ask you."

"For me? What is it, sister?"

"Does Calix have a lover? I know he doesn't have a fiancé, but just in case."

"Calix?"

The smile on Rexed's lips disappeared.

He frowned slightly and said.

"No. But why do you ask that?"

"I thought I would introduce Rosenia to Calix."

"I beg your pardon?!"

Rexed raised his voice without realizing it.

The others gathered in the room looked at Rexed and Penelope in surprise.

Penelope clicked her tongue and dragged him to a corner.

"Aren't you surprised? Why are you screaming all of a sudden?"

"No, sister. Did you say you would introduce Pierre to Calix?"

"Yes. Anyway, Rosenia and Calix are single, so there's nothing wrong with meeting two people with similar marriages. Especially since they are both people I care about." 

"Absolutely not."

Rexed growled.

He lowered his voice and scolded.

"How can you possibly think of connecting two people? I am absolutely against it. Never."

"Is this because of Rosenia's past actions? If that's the case, there's no need to worry. It's already been more than half a year since I've seen Rosenia up close. She's definitely different than before."

"I know she has become quiet. But why Calix?" 

"Because there is no one better than Calix to introduce to Rosenia. Moreover, recently Rosenia..." 

Penelope was about to say that Rosenia was heartbroken, but stopped.

It might be embarrassing from her perspective, but Penelope doesn't think she, as a third party, can freely say that.

She turned around.

"Anyway, it's good that he doesn't have a lover at the moment. My wedding is not far away, so I need to quickly prepare a place before then."

"Sister!"

"Rexed, if you have something to say, don't lose your temper and say it properly. If you're just opposing it for no reason, I won't be able to listen to you."

"But......!"

"Besides, you know that Rosenia has changed. Rosenia is my favorite person. So, leave her at that."

When Penelope came out firmly. Rexed reluctantly kept his mouth shut.

But a look of disapproval was plastered on his face.

At that time, Rexed's cousin called him.

"Older brother! Let's play poker for the first time in a while."

"That's enough for today."

Rexed left the room, probably in pain.

Penelope sighed.

Her cousin came up to her side and shrugged his shoulders

"Why did he suddenly get angry? Did someone steal something from him?"

"What do you mean?"

"He looks exactly like he did when I asked him for the treasured sword."

"What?"

"Why, my brother once received a treasured sword from a nobleman as a birthday present. It's made of gold with a large ruby in it."

"Yes. I know what it is."

Penelope nodded as if she remembered the other person's explanation.

There was a time when Rexed carried something like that.

"At that time, I found something that my brother had left unused in the warehouse and I told him I wanted it, and he got angry and told me I couldn't do it."

"Rexed?"

"Yes. Whether he uses it or not, it's already his, so how can I covet it?"

Just thinking about that day made the other person shiver as if it gave him chills.

Penelope laughed lightly after hearing the story, but after a while, her expression became serious as if she realized something.

She quickly turned her head in the direction where Rexed had disappeared.

Rexed, no way, you...


Previous                Next






        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Hahaha oh gosh Rexed🤦
    Calix is really digging his grave hahaha I wonder how will they get out from all this misunderstanding 🤦🥴

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment