TVTLQ - Chapter 111

TVTLQ - Chapter 111

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was almost fooled by how good the smoke was.

If he had become an actor, I would have become a famous actor who dominates the world.

“Miss Rosenia, I....”

"Annie, the Duke is going away."

I called Annie, who was waiting outside.

Then Calix urgently grabbed me.

"Wait a minute. I started this because I really wanted to gain your favor. I also brought the contract documents for the commercial building to deliver to Miss Rosenia. Look here."

"I see. I see it. But I can't believe there is no charge for receiving those precious documents. I think it's because I heard a warning for Pierre merchant never to hand over the commercial space, no matter how much they pay."

"It's all a misunderstanding. I explain everything."

"Well. Is that really necessary? The contracts the Duke already brought are the result of everything. I think what I said is probably mentioned in the contract, isn't it?"

"..."

Calix closed his mouth. I skimmed over it, but it seems to be correct.

I wonder what on earth this man is doing here.

I pointed at Annie.

"The Duke says he's coming home, so what are you doing without telling me?"

“Miss Rosenia...”

"Annie, hurry and lead the way."

Annie stood between me and Calix and rolled her eyes in embarrassment.

One side is her immediate superior, and the other side is the Duke of the Empire.

She seemed to be wondering who to listen to.

I felt like I was bothering someone so I decided to just disappear.

"Now that I think about it, I had an appointment scheduled right after. Sorry. Duke. I guess I should leave first."

"Wait a minute, if it's like this..."

"The tea I brought here is said to be good for mental and physical stability. You can have a drink and then go back when you feel comfortable. Then please excuse me."

I hurried out of the living room, leaving Calix behind.

Annie, who hurriedly followed me, looked at the closed door and said.

"Vice President, is it okay for you to just go on like this?"

"What?"

"I was wondering if you could just leave the Duke and leave like that."

"He'll go back on his own when he's done with his business, don't mind."

"Still, his expression looked unusual..."

"It's all an act, so there's no need to be fooled."

He's probably thinking it's all right, but he's plotting another trick.

Either that or I think this method won't work since I still seem to have some lingering affection for Rexed.

As I was going down the stairs, I found a bouquet of red roses that Annie had arranged in a vase. It was fresh and beautiful, but that was all.

I passed it by without paying the slightest attention.

***

The living room is left alone after Rosenia leaves.

Calix, who had been sitting still for a while, slowly stood up.

He had an expressionless face and walked like a machine.

The staff at the top glanced at him, but he seemed uninterested in their gaze.

It was after he returned to his carriage that his expression changed.

“Ha.”

Calix sat on the chair and rubbed his face with his palm.

He expected Rosenia to be angry, but...

'I think you're more angry than I thought.'

Rosenia's extremely cold voice continued to linger in Calix's ears.

He thought he could convince her if he calmly explained the situation.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding. but he thought it would be resolved if he apologized and told his sincerity.

But it wasn't like that at all.

"Has the meaning of the word gift changed without my knowledge?"

Rosenia seemed even angrier when she heard that everything was a gift.

And that anger reached its peak when he confessed that he liked Rosenia.

Actually, he had no intention of confessing like that right away.

It was something he planned to proceed with taking a little more time and sincerity and approaching cautiously.

However, the moment Rosenia fiercely asked him the reason, Calix blurted out his truth without even realizing it.

He felt like she would never believe him if he didn't tell her that he liked her.

And in the end, his judgment was wrong.

"I thought you were making fun of me..."

It was an attitude that did not even think that his confession was sincere.

'It was definitely bad timing, but...'

Still, he didn't expect such a sharp reaction to come back.

Calix, who had ruined his first confession unexpectedly, looked at the envelope with a vain look.

Inside, the commercial contract documents and the market analysis reports he had separately analyzed so far were neatly organized.

It was all prepared to be given to Rosenia, but it never saw the light of day.

Calix, who was staring at it, knocked on the wall of the carriage.

"Let's go back to the top of Pierre."

A little while later, Calix hesitated in front of the entrance to Pierre's upper deck.

He came back thinking that he couldn't leave like this, but he was hesitant to go back in.

Callix was afraid that an angry Rosenia would reject him before she even saw him again.

And then there was someone approaching him.

"Duke."

It was Annie. Rosenia's secretary.

"The Vice President is away due to her next appointment. She said she would return home immediately after the appointment."

"Is she really not inside?"

"Yes? Yes..."

Annie barely responded, wriggling her fingertips. Calix thought there was a high possibility that what the other person said was a lie, but he didn't bother to say anything.

Instead, he took out only the report he had written himself from the documents he was holding and handed it over to her.

"Please pass it on to Lady Rosenia. It was something I had prepared for her from the beginning."

"Yes? Ah, I understand."

"Then..."

Calix turned around, swallowing the words that he would come back.

He wasn't going to quit everything just because she was angry.

He does his best until Rosenia resolves the misunderstanding and sees his true feelings.

Then, one day, she will open her heart.

The sight of him leaving, holding on to a glimmer of hope, was more pitiful than ever.

***

Here is a thick report.

This is what Calix left to me through Annie.

The first emotion I felt upon receiving this report was bewilderment.

The report he left included everything from the market status of the business I was conducting, to its strengths and weaknesses, and what I needed to improve.

A stranger would believe it was written by an insider.

"What is the point of handing this to me?"

Since he already knows everything about my business, is this a warning to understand the topic well and make the right choice before taking action?

Is he suggesting that if I don't want to get kicked out and get kicked out in ruins, it would be better to just bow my head and hand it over to him?

I crossed my arms and glared at the report.

I wanted to applaud his sky-high confidence.

I guess he thought I would be scared if he handed me this.

"He thinks I'm the only one who has weaknesses."

I also have information that can control and sway my opponent.

Even though I am a possessed person in name and appearance, how can I live in this dangerous world if I don't even have such information?

However, I was careful because If I revealed all that information, I could end up in conflict with the main characters of the original work.

"And now things are different."

There was no need to intentionally fight the main characters, but if the opponent wanted to attack me. I had to at least defend myself to protect myself.

I picked the information in my head.

But at that time, it became noisy outside the door.

"What?"

As soon as I raised my head, the door burst open.

"Ugh, don't push!"

“Vice President!”

A large number of people poured into the room.

They were all employees at our top.

It was a huge number.

Annie, who was small in stature, had already been pushed to the back.

Annie, with her head sticking out, shouted loudly.

"You can't just go in like that!" 

"What's going on everyone?"

I asked, clasping my hands on the desk.

Those who had entered with vigor flinched at the quiet question.

I calmly waited for their answer.

And finally, someone shouted.


Previous            Next






        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments