TVTLQ - Chapter 110

TVTLQ - Chapter 110

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


The first step in my plan was to spread the rumor that there was someone who was disrupting market order by adjusting real estate prices.

Next, there were steps 2 and steps 3 left to explode like firecrackers.

"I'm surprised. You sent a letter saying you wanted to see me urgently."

Calix was more impatient than I thought. I didn't know you would come to see me so soon.

I said with a bright smile and he held out the bouquet of flowers he had brought to me.

"This is a gift."

"Oh my, so pretty."

A large bouquet filled with bright red roses gave off a scent as strong as its presence. As soon as I received the bouquet, I handed it over to Annie.

I made a subtle gesture, and Annie quickly took the bouquet and left the room.

I felt the other person's gaze and smiled slightly.

"I'm allergic to pollen."

"I had no idea."

"You can do that."

There was no such thing as pollen allergy, to begin with. I just didn't want to see it.

"Thank you for the gift. I'll put it somewhere else."

In a corner somewhere out of sight.

We greeted each other politely and sat down facing each other.

I secretly glanced at the person across from me.

Today, Calix seemed completely determined. He usually looked like a gorgeous Duke, but today he was even more than that.

It seemed like he paid attention to not only clothes but even small things like shoes and watches.

Like the original male lead, he was very handsome, but to me, he just seemed abominable.

What are you going to do today, fully armed?

"I'm here to explain."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I pretended not to know.

It was almost impossible to find out so quickly that I was the one who spread the rumor that caused a stir.

Except for Calix, who had been aiming for the top of Pierre from the beginning and was able to deduce who attacked him.

"I won't tell you back. The recent rumor that Alter Corporation is trying to monopolize the market and manipulate the market price is not true."

"Oh my, was there a rumor like that?"

"And it wasn't like I was holding onto commercial property to interfere with Lady Rosenia's business."

I continued to pretend not to know, but the other person persevered and said what he wanted to say. It seemed like he was saying that he already knew this and I already knew it, so let's not waste time.

Of course, I had no intention of letting go.

But then, Calix brought up something that shouldn't have been said.

"They were all for Lady Rosenia."

I raised my eyebrows. It's because I heard something I didn't understand.

Calix continued calmly.

"There was a communication error. It seems that the working staff accepted the request to secure a commercial property in a good commercial area in advance for Miss Rosenia, saying that the property should not be handed over to Miss Rosenia. Since they were understanding the problem from the Chamber of Commerce's perspective..."

"The Duke told them to secure something for me?"

"Yes, that's right."

"How do you know that I am looking for a commercial property?"

"Many in the capital already know why Dostic is being developed and what will be produced there. Since there are currently no vacancies owned by Pierre Upper, I assumed that they would be looking for a new commercial space."

"I see."

I nodded calmly. As if I understood everything.

Calix's expression, which had been somewhat depressed, seemed to brighten slightly.

"It was a funny joke, Duke."

Until I said the next thing.

Calix's face hardened. I smiled sweetly and said.

"I think everything the Duke said may be true. But before that, I have one question. Why on earth did the Duke ask them to secure something for me?"

"That..."

"Not one, but many. Even the good seats are all located in the capital's prime commercial districts. There's no way the Duke would hand those places over to someone else without any reason."

I folded the corners of my eyes and smiled prettily. Calix flinched, his shoulders shaking.

"Is it as expected? There is a rumor that you are manipulating the market price to sell at a high price. Have you looked at the items in advance to sell them to me again?"

"That's not it."

"I don't know how much you were thinking about, but it is currently difficult for Pierre Merchant to increase spending recklessly due to business expansion. I think it might not be enough to satisfy the Duke."

"I had no intention of receiving compensation from the beginning. It was purely a gift."

"A gift?"

"Yes."

"Has the meaning of the word gift changed without my knowledge?" 

It would be better to honestly declare that he is aiming for Pierre's top. Otherwise, offer the price he wants and negotiate like a businessman.

"It's a gift."

Now Calix was thoroughly deceiving me. By casually telling such ridiculous lies.

"Duke, it's only been half a year since I led the upper division, but I'm still not someone who doesn't know anything."

The smile on my face grew deeper.

"And among them, I know the truth that is most important for business people to remember. There is nothing free in this world."

“Miss Rosenia.”

"If it were free, that would be the right line. And Pierre is not in a position to beg from Altemir."

"That's not what I meant."

"Then please tell me the exact requirements. What on earth do you want to ask of me, so why are you trying to blind me by calling it a gift? What do you want to receive in return for transferring the building?"

"I adore you."

That one word that came out suddenly stopped all my thoughts. The sociable smile on my face disappeared and the raised eyebrows Iowered.

I think I just heard some creepy noises.

Calix's blue eyes looked directly at me.

"It was a gift I prepared to gain your favor. Things went wrong in the middle and unnecessary misunderstandings arose..."

I looked at Calix in disbelief.

No matter how much I thought about it, I felt like there was something wrong with my ears.

Otherwise, there would be no way I would hear from Calix that he likes me. Didn't he even accompany Estelle to social gatherings until a few weeks ago?

Things were already going well with Estelle.

'Even if I didn't have much of a relationship with Estelle.'

How can someone who has no contact with me say that he likes me?

Original? I can escape. As if I had nothing to do with their love.

But at least for a heart to arise between people, there must be some opportunity that could have caused interaction between the two. But we're just strangers who've barely met each other, right?

"You're very mischievous."

A cold, firm voice that surprised me came out of my mouth.

I was that angry. I wondered to what extent this man had looked down on me.

Did he think that if he approached me and confessed that he liked me, I would be fooled?

Then, the moment I completely let go of my guard, are you going to attack all at once and take down the top of Pierre?

"I was hoping the Duke would say you would sell me something. No matter how many times I ask, it means that you regard me as an equal to the Duke, as a representative of the upper level. But this kind of prank..."

"Miss Rosenia, you're kidding. That is absolutely not the case."

"That's it."

I cut off Calix's words. To even use such means.

It occurred to me that the Alter Company had indeed swallowed up the empire's commercial power.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear the whole thing. I'm sure the Duke would be comfortable with that."

“Lady Rosenia...”

"I don't think you have anything more to say, but I would like you to go back."

Calix looked hurt at my congratulatory message.





The New Series, Violet Love Affairs was out today!

It's 19+ series so if you're underage, please don't read it.

You can check it here!


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments