TVTLQ - Chapter 109

TVTLQ - Chapter 109

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Rattling.

The teacup on the table shook.

I asked with my leg touching the table. 

"Where does the rumor come from?"

"This is Alter Company. I can't tell you who it is. The information I have just provided is still only partially known."

"Our merchant at Alter Company."

"The Duke has been gathering information these days. But they said the information was about clothing and logistics."

"These are all projects I am currently working on."

"Yes. Yes."

Without realizing it, my clenched fist was shaking. This guy, a male lead who doesn't even feel like swearing...

How dare you touch the top of my head that I have worked hard to raise?

My clenched teeth were ground apart.

It was a moment when the pain of heartbreak was replaced by anger toward someone.

***

I guess I also found out the culprit who was interfering with my business.

After returning to the top, I immediately began preparing for a counterattack.

"Why does this damned bastard pretend to be so kind in front of me when he's thinking of swallowing up my business behind the scenes?"

I got goosebumps all over my body. I was a fool to think he looked hurt even for a moment.

Yes, that's right. It must have always been this way.

It was clear that Alter Company had been growing by repeatedly reassuring the other party and then suddenly stabbing them in the back.

"There is no excuse."

This is my failure to think of the possibility even though I knew the original work.

Even in the original work, Pierre Merchant was attacked by the male leads. Of course, it was Nathaniel, not Rosenia, who was leading the Pierre merchant at that time.

I guess I was too lax in my judgment, thinking that I was left out of their love line. Regardless, the top could be attacked.

"Annie, what happens to the cash assets that Pierre's upper management can immediately manage?"

"Here it is."

I read the cash flow statement Annie handed me.

As expected, there was a severe shortage of money due to the large amount of expenses incurred due to the recent Dostic construction. It was barely possible to compete head-to-head with Alter Company with just this.

'I can't press it with power.'

Not only the Crown Prince prince, but even the magic tower lord is all on the same team as Calix. Even if they weren't part of the same group, it was obvious that they would choose Calix over me.

Penelope will definitely help me, but she won't be of much help. In that situation, the most effective method I can use right now is...

"Rumors."

“Yes, Vice President.”

"I need to get some people together. Choose those who are quick-witted and broad-minded, as soon as possible."

"I will prepare right away."

"And find out what the people on my list here are doing now. As well as the location."

"Yes."

After receiving the instructions, Annie quickly left.

I leaned against the back of the chair and muttered.

"Let's see who wins."

I'll make you think I touched you for no reason.

Clenching my fists, I made a firm determination.

***

A week after Count Lancon's social gathering.

Recently, there has been a strange rumor going around among people.

"Did you hear that rumor?"

"What rumor?"

"They say some noble is playing price games with the capital's buildings."

"They're playing with the price?"

"Yes! They are deliberately raising the price and trying to resell it at a higher price. Didn't you say that your landlord raised the rent last month?"

"That's right. I suddenly raised 5 gold."

"That's because the nobleman said he would buy the building at a high price, so the landlords thought it was right and put it up together?"

"No. Mr. Jake, who lives across the street from me, also moved last month, saying the rent had become too expensive."

"Could it be that it was because of that nobleman?"

"Yes, that's right! He is a very shameless person."

"The world is coming to an end. They say people add more and that's exactly what happens."

Commercial buildings and residential buildings are separate things, so in reality, they are not directly related.

However, the very provocative and sensitive rumor that someone was threatening the homes of ordinary people spread quickly through people's mouths.

In addition, he heard a few stories of people who actually sold their buildings and made money.

And the rumor also reached Calix's ears.

"This is the emergence of an aristocrat who controls real estate prices."

Ridiculously, it was only after the incident that Calix learned the true nature of what was going on within the Alter Company. The fact that his subordinate's subordinate had secured a good location for a shopping mall and told him never to sell goods at the top of Pierre.

This means that the working-level staff who follow and assist him think that the next target of Alter Trading Company is Pierre Trading Company.

"I told you to prepare a gift to send to Miss Rosenia."

“Yes, Duke.”

"I don't think I asked you to do anything to disturb her."

Calix said calmly. With a soft smile that is extremely kind.

Dominic trembled. 

There were three stages when Calix became angry. In the first stage, he frowns. In the second stage, the voice rises slightly. And in the third and final stage, he suddenly becomes calm and looks like an angel.

No matter what the other person says, smile and listen. This means that it doesn't matter since Calix has already decided to kick him.

"Duke, Duke. That's it..."

Dominic sweated profusely. Until he handed over some of his work to Philip, he had no idea that things would turn out this way.

Philip did an excellent job of carrying out Dominic's instructions.

"If you hand over the building to Pierre, Alter's enemy, you will have to be prepared."

Except that Philip misinterpreted it a little and did something wrong.

"How on earth could I understand that my instructions would lead to this result? No. I don't care about people whispering. The problem is that the person who spread this rumor was probably Miss Rosenia."

Since it's impossible to silence everyone, some people must have given Rosenia a hint. And Rosenia probably started spreading rumors as the first step to counterattack Alter Company.

Calix doesn't think this will be the end.

The rumors are just the beginning, Rosenia is definitely preparing for the next move. To get revenge on Alter Company and Calix.

"Duke, I'm sorry! It's all my fault!"

Dominic bowed at a right angle and shouted.

"I will solve it somehow. Right now, temporary contracts are treated as if they never existed..."

"Does that mean that the Alter Company never shot down the Pierre Company?"

Dominic closed his mouth. It was just as Calix said. It has already happened.

Even if the contract is withdrawn, Rosenia will be hostile towards AIter Company. And its leader, Calix, will be even more wary.

"Ha..."

Calix, who was glaring at Dominic, washed his face dry.

After a while, he sighed and said.

"I have to go see Miss Rosenia."

"The Duke himself?"

"Then what should I do? Are you really going to take over Pierre's upper-level like this?"

"No. That's not possible..."

"These are things I prepared to give as gifts from the beginning. I should personally hand over the contract document and say that was not my intention."

However, a shadow was cast over his handsome face as if he was not confident.

Calix just hoped that Rosenia wouldn't be too angry.

***

Oh my, who is this?

"Welcome, Duke."

"... It's been a while since I saw you, Lady Rosenia."

"I didn't know that the Duke would suddenly ask to meet with me."

This cute, handsome, and disgustingly shameless guy came to see me on his own?

What's your plan this time? You're holding a big bouquet of flowers?

I grinned.

Joyfully, like someone praying before a meal before eating a steak with the bone in it.




The New Series, Violet Love Affairs was out today!

It's 19+ series so if you're underage, please don't read it.

You can check it here!


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments