TVTLQ - Chapter 108

TVTLQ - Chapter 108

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Interest? Who? Me?"

"..."

"Haha! I'm interested in Pierre? You have to say something that makes sense."

Rexed laughed exaggeratedly.

It was as if he had never heard something so funny in his entire life.

Calix said he was interested in Rosenia Pierre.

That can't be possible!

Why is he crazy?

Calix stared at Rexed. Then he sighed heavily and said.

"I made a mistake. You can't do that."

"Yes, that's right. You thought wrong."

"I understand if it was because of preparing a gift for Her Royal Highness Princess Penelope. But I think you're going to have a lot of trouble."

"..."

"'Yes. I know and you know that you hate Miss Rosenia."

Rexed's mouth was tightly shut.

The moment he heard Calix's words, his feelings seemed to be confirmed.

As if he absolutely have to.

Calix grinned.

"I think it would be better for me to help you instead of Miss Rosenia. Because I know your business better than she does."

There was clearly nothing wrong with what Calix said.

Although the problem involved the magic stone, there was no problem even if he told Calix about the existence of the magic stone, which even Icarus already knew about.

But what is the reason?

He didn't want to do that.

Rexed said, avoiding Calix's gaze.

"It's okay. Just do your job properly."

"Rexed."

"It's something you don't even need to worry about. And anyway, the preparations are all over. We won't have to run into each other again."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Rexed said as if he was making a promise. Without even realizing to whom that promise was directed.

***

Late at night. Estelle's room was brightly lit.

The stained dress was thrown away carelessly and rolled around on the floor. It was a terrible ending for such a precious item.

"How can he not believe me at all!"

"Miss."

"She really pushed me!"

Estelle originally did not have a good relationship with the Helton family.

It was because Estelle had seduced her fiancé. But Estelle swears she has never seduced her man. Because he was too unremarkable a man for her to seduce.

It was just that the other person drooled at the sight of Estelle.

However, Lady Helton did not accept that fact and ultimately committed the atrocity of pushing her away today.

"He doesn't even tell her to apologize. How could His Highness the Crown Prince not take my side? Are you saying I'm the kind of person who doesn't even care?"

"Miss, calm down."

"You! You're the problem too."

Estelle roughly pushed Derek away.

"Why did you come out there? Did you think that was a place where you could step forward? The person who will support me is the Crown Prince. Not like you!"

"I just couldn't stand to see my precious girl get upset."

"What?"

"If you had stayed like that, His Highness the Crown Prince would have punished you."

Estelle, who had been acting viciously, stopped. It seemed like she couldn't believe what she had just heard.

She shot back sharply, brushing up her flowing hair.

"Why is His Highness punishing me? I am a victim."

"I heard that His Highness was not originally a member of that group. He came here especially just for today. But as the commotion broke out, didn't the atmosphere of the meeting suddenly become cold?"

"That's because she was pushing me. I..."

"But you could have let it go."

Derek interrupted Estelle.

The voice was so kind that it was hard to believe that he had interrupted her on purpose.

"Even if Lady Helton made a mistake, you were able to show tolerance as a superior. Your Highness probably wanted something like that too."

"But...!"

"Miss, don't talk while being caught up in your emotions."

Estelle suddenly became confused.

Derek was a man who always stood by her and took the lead in protecting her. But now Derek was saying that she was almost in danger.

Did His Highness really intend to punish her?

Estelle's shoulders stiffened.

Derek carefully approached Estelle. He hugged Estelle and gently rubbed her back as if comforting someone.

"Do not worry too much. Since we left the venue quickly, His Highness's anger will not be too severe."

"It was really the woman who pushed it. U didn't do it."

"Yes, I know. You didn't do anything wrong."

"Originally, I was trying to show there that I could do as well as everyone else."

"Is there really a need for that? You've already done enough without having to prove yourself to anyone."

Estelle, who was speechless, kept her mouth shut. Derek was obviously only saying good things, but she couldn't say anything.

Estelle raised her head and looked at Derek. When their eyes met, Derek smiled sweetly.

"You know that there is no one who cares more about you and is more devoted to you than I do, right?

"..."

"Don't worry about today. I will take care of everything."

There was power in the voice whispering softly. A subtle power that the listener cannot escape. In the end, Estelle slowly nodded.

Derek smiled brightly and lightly kissed her forehead.

"You just need to stay here as beautiful and pure as you are now."

'Just listen to what I say and follow what I say.'

There was no way Estelle would hear Derek's inner thoughts.

***

Two days after the social gathering.

"Hello, Ma'am. It's a good lunch."

As I had promised, I went to see Madam Oborin.

"Thank you for inviting me. This is my small sincerity."

"Oh my, you can just come."

I handed her the gift I had prepared.

Since I had a lot of things to ask Madam Oborin today, I decided to create a friendly atmosphere first.

"This is Dentz's new spring season product that will be released soon. These are gloves that can be worn as a set by men and women. I have prepared it so that you and your husband can use it together."

"Oh my God. So pretty."

Madam Oborin's eyes sparkled when she saw the gift. Fortunately, she seemed to like my gift.

I asked how everyone was doing and made small talk for a while, and after some time had passed, I got to the point.

"Actually, the reason I asked to meet with you separately today is because I wanted to ask you something."

"I see."

Madam Oborin, who was drinking tea, smiled. It seemed like the other person had already guessed the purpose of my visit, so I continued without hesitation.

"We are looking for a place to set up a store in connection with the Dostic development. However, properties for sale that existed until a month ago suddenly disappeared in an instant over the past few weeks. It seemed like everyone had a temporary contract with a specific person."

"Ah, that's it."

"Do you know about that?"

"I know. I also received a contract offer. There was no contract because it was a building with a separate purpose."

"Who was that person?"

Madam Oborin rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I didn't sign a contract, but they asked me not to talk about it."

"Ma'am, this is very important to me."

"It seems so. Hmm, I received a nice gift, and it was also the first time I developed a deep friendship with Miss Pierre... All right. I'll tell you."

I waited for the other person's answer with a pounding heart. And finally, Madam Oborin opened her mouth.

"The person currently collecting commercial properties in the capital is Duke Altemir."

"Yes...?"

"To be more precise, we could say it is Alter Company. Because the subject of the contract was not the Duke."

I was embarrassed. The person who is currently sweeping up all the properties for sale is Calix?

"Do you even know why he is purchasing it?"

"Hmm."

Madam Oborin looked worried.

Looking at her expression, she clearly seemed to know the reason. She's just conflicted about whether to tell me that or not.

I threw out the bait.

"Pierre Merchant will not forget Madam's contribution. As the head of the top, I promise you this."

"Great."

Madame Oborin put down her teacup.

"There are currently rumors that the Alter Company is targeting Pierre."


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Haha here we go. Calix being his own worst enemy and Dominic’s doomed fate for helping ruin his chances. I really can’t wait for her confrontation with him about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment