TVTLQ - Chapter 107

TVTLQ - Chapter 107

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




I think I just heard something strange.

My head was pounding.

The headache that started when I met Calix felt like it had gotten worse.

I thought about Rexed's words for a while.

And soon I concluded that I must have heard nonsense.

"I guess I heard wrong. Could you please say that again, Your Highness?"

"I'm asking whether attending this small gathering was more important than coming to the Crown Prince's palace."

"I don't remember there being a separate call, but..."

"Ha, really? Does this mean that you will only show your face now if I call you?"

Why is he like this again?

"Ia humble person, cannot enter and exit the imperial palace as my wish."

"You bought cuffs."

He said as if he was throwing it away.

I blinked both eyes, cuffs?

And later, I remembered something I had completely forgotten.

"Oh, right."

"Right?"

Rexed's eyebrows were bent like an earthworm.

"Could it be that you forgot?"

"Is that possible?"

"But why is the answer one beat late?"

"I thought I might suddenly start coughing. Cough."

I pretended to cough and turned my head.

I completely forgot to give the purple cuffs I bought back then to Rexed.

I ended up not being able to gift what I had prepared for Dominic.

It looks like I sealed Dominic's and put it away together.

'No, more than that, you're saying you came to me just because of that cuff?'

The fact that he came to Count Lancon's meeting and then just left means that he looked for me and then returned because I was not there.

I secretly watched from behind until the situation calmed down and Estelle and Rexed all left.

"Tsk. Use this."

He handed me a handkerchief, probably because he thought I had a runny nose since I was turning my head for such a long time.

I became more confused by that action.

Although lending a handkerchief is an action that does not need to be given much meaning.

I'm Rosenia and you're Rexed, right?

Why is he being nice to me?

'I wonder if his anger toward Rosenia has subsided.'

The human mind is not the same for 1.000.000 years.

Continuing to hate someone also requires a lot of energy.

When I was trapped with Rexed in a collapsed basement, I saved his life with the tears of the World Tree that I had.

Maybe that had a positive effect?

'Or maybe it's because of Penelope.'

I could tell that Rexed cared deeply for his sister by insisting that the magic stone, which was already a finished product, needed to be reworked.

So, seeing my devotion to Penelope may have softened his heart a little.

'And most of all, I've told Rexed several times that I don't like him anymore.'

Has Rexed finally accepted my changes?

Since I wouldn't bother him like I used to because I liked him, he decided to do just as much for me as everyone else.

Like now, we show consideration to the extent of handing the other person a handkerchief when they cough.

"..."

But why am I so anxious?

If I think positively, I might be able to interpret it happily, but it felt oddly uncomfortable.

The same goes for Calix, who picked me up earlier when I was shaking, and Rexed, who came to me because I barely gave him a cuff.

It seemed like their attention kept turning towards me for some reason.

This is especially true in the sense that Estelle, who should always be the main character, suffered a cold spell in many ways today.

'It would be a good thing if Rexed started to look at me differently than before.'

Still, I hope you don't pay any more attention to it than that.

I felt the need to draw a clear line here.

In that sense, let's just quickly give him those damn cuffs.

"I will deliver the cuffs shortly."

"Uh, uh?"

"I should have said hello first, but it was too late, sorry."

Still, it was true that I had forgotten, so I apologized.

I smiled softly, thinking that I wouldn't be able to spit on a smiling face.

Rexed, who had been looking at me blankly, grunted and turned his head.

"No. There's nothing to be sorry about."

The back of my neck was slightly red, probably because I was embarrassed.

Still, I guess he wasn't too angry.

I paused for a while and sighed inwardly.

***

When the carriage almost arrived at Pierre Mansion, Rosenia spoke.

"I want you to drop me off here."

It was a short walk to Pierre's mansion. It seemed like she was worried about people's gaze as she was accompanied by the Crown Prince to the mansion.

"Stop the carriage."

Rexed did as she asked without saying anything.

"Thanks for the ride."

She nodded and left immediately without looking back.

The knight asked Rexed.

"Your Highness, shall we depart?"

"Not yet."

Rexed's eyes turned to Rosenia.

Even though it was so dark outside, Rosenia walked bravely alone.

Has she lost her fear or is it not there to begin with?

"Just wait until she enters the mansion."

Rexed leaned against the backrest and muttered.

But suddenly he felt a strange scent inside the carriage.

It was a strong scent, but it wasn't that annoying.

"Rose..."

It smells like Rosenia's perfume.

Rexed tried to frown but soon realized that there was no need to frown and relaxed his expression.

Actually, he didn't feel that bad.

It was the same when he traveled in the carriage with Rosenia.

Because he was surprisingly comfortable accompanying her, which he had always been reluctant to do.

"I should have said hello first, but it was too late. Sorry."

Rosenia smiled softly.

It was a slightly humble yet gentle smile...

It was his first time seeing such a face. This is because the Rosenia he experienced always seemed to be in another world, immersed in only her own emotions.

But when she smiled, it was more than he thought.

"She was pretty..."

Knock knock.

At that moment, someone suddenly knocked on the carriage door.

Rexed, surprised by the sound, raised his voice.

"What's going on?"

At the same time, the carriage door opened and an unexpected person appeared.

"Calix."

"Why are you here? Miss Rosenia, why is she getting off your carriage?" 

Calix suddenly appeared, closed the carriage door, and came in asking a barrage of questions.

Rexed glanced at him.

"So what are you doing to show up now? How did you find out about this place? Have you been following us?"

"Don't talk back, Rexed."

"No, the Duke should answer first. Did you finish the work I asked you to do before? Answer me."

As the Crown Prince pushed with his authority, Calix had nothing to do.

He answered with a disapproving look.

"Dominic Willock has been sorted out, and I will no longer appear before Miss Rosenia under a false identity. Count Lancon's social gathering was originally scheduled to be attended today. But for some reason, His Highness, who had nothing to do with this social gathering, came to visit and go away quickly, so I followed him to hear what he was doing."

Although he was only polite, Calix's answer was full of thorns.

Rexed asked, frowning.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. So answer now. Why were you with Miss Rosenia?"

"I had something else to ask."

Rexed gave a vague answer. Calix's eyes narrowed.

"You? To Miss Rosenia?"

"Why? Can't I even ask Pierre a question?"

"It's strange that you decided to stay alone with Miss Rosenia before that. I heard that you went to the jewelry store with Miss Rosenia last week."

"I told him not to tell anyone about my coming and going since it had to be done in secret, but I guess the owner didn't even listen."

Rexed muttered irritably and glanced at Calix. His stern face looked anxious. As if he couldn't bear the thought of being with Rosenia even for a moment.

Rexed felt uncomfortable as if something was stuck in his solar plexus.

Rexed didn't know exactly why he was feeling frustrated. Does this stem from the betrayal he felt when his best friend fell for a woman he once hated?

Either that or...

"I only met because it was related to my sister."

Rexed blurted out.

"I decided to prepare a wedding gift for my sister. That's why I needed Pierre."

"Why? What can you do alone?" 

"Yes."

"You... You've become interested in Miss Rosenia now, right?" 

Rexed paused at Calix's words.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments