TVTLQ - Chapter 104

TVTLQ - Chapter 104

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Count Lancon, who happened to notice my arrival, approached me.

"Miss Pierre, welcome. Nice to meet you."

"Hello, Count. Thank you for inviting me." 

I smiled and took the hand he held out.

Count Lancon had a nice appearance, and he looked very cheerful, perhaps because he had a smiling face.

"Haha, shouldn't I be thankful instead? I recently got to serve the most famous lord of Pierre."

"Thank you at least for your words. But my father hasn't officially retired yet, so I'm a second-tier owner, not a top-tier owner."

"For now, but won't it be Miss Pierre someday?"

He winked. It was witty. Oh, you passed.

"Come on, come here. Let me introduce you to the members."

In the hall where social gatherings were held, people were mingling freely without any particular restrictions.

But there is alcohol everywhere.

He took me to three people talking in the center of the hall.

"Everyone! The new leader of Pierre's merchant class, Miss Rosenia Pierre, has arrived."

The moment he introduced me, the three people's eyes seemed to light up.

Everyone who approached us in an instant introduced themselves.

"Oh my, welcome. My name Isabel Oborin."

"This is James Richard. It is an honor to meet you."

"This is Dean Lore."

I held on to the dress and bowed lightly.

"Hello. My name is Rosenia Pierre."

"Oh my God, I really wanted to meet you. I heard that the new conductor,  Lady Pierre, has extraordinary insight."

"That's why I insisted to Count Lancon that he must bring Miss Pierre with him."

"Honestly, we were all doubtful whether the Count would succeed."

"These people! I can't believe you don't trust me that much. Isn't that really too much?"

"Haha, just kidding."

They were all cheerful and friendly. I subconsciously felt that they were taking care of me so that I could naturally blend into this gathering.

Above all, they only talked about my current performance. This means that there was no mention of Rosenia's past, which only followed Lexus in the past.

"I was riding down the road the other day and passed Dostic Regional development is progressing on a very large scale. I heard that a large factory is going to be built in the center."

"I heard it's a weaving factory. Is that correct?"

"Yes, that's right."

I answered with a grin. It didn't matter if I told them that much of the truth.

On the contrary, if a rumor spreads, it gets publicity and that's good for me.

"We are trying to expand Pierre's business scope. We are currently in the preparation stage."

"That's cool. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince personally held the groundbreaking ceremony and supported it, so it will definitely be a success."

"If you need to expand the factory and need to discuss land, please ask Mrs. Oborin here. This person is an expert."

"Is it so?"

My eyes sparkled at the unexpected news.

Although land and buildings are different, in a broad sense, they are grouped together as real estate.

Perhaps Madam Oborin knows who the culprit is who is currently sweeping up properties for sale in the capital.

"Hey, maybe..."

It was the moment I was about to ask  Madam Oborin. Suddenly the surroundings started buzzing and it became noisy.

I was about to continue speaking regardless, but someone's voice stopped me.

"Duke Altemir, what are you doing here? You don't come out often. "

"Is that a problem now? Look to the side. She's the Princess of Montrose."

What? 

I suddenly turned my head.

It was a move that was obvious because I was so surprised, but everyone was so focused on the two new people that they didn't notice anything strange.

It was just as people said.

Estelle was coming into the hall with Calix's arms crossed. Count Lancon muttered next to him.

"How did the Princess of Montrose get in here? I don't remember inviting you."

"Looking at the white rose corsage, it looks like it was recommended by members."

"I understand that this person has nothing to do with business, so who would have invited him?"

Their reaction to Estelle was not as friendly as expected.

What is the recommendation...

He must have gotten it from her followers who wanted to get in touch with Estelle somehow.

There are probably some people who are members of this club.

First of all, there's Calix right next to her.

Anyway, since two quite big people appeared, the host of the gathering, Count Lancon, could not stay stall.

Just as he was about to move to greet the two people.l, I spoke to the people.

"I'm sorry, but is it okay if I go to the powder room for a moment? I thought the hair decoration was a little disheveled."

"Oh my, it looks nice...Would you like me to go with you?"

"No, it's okay. I'll be back soon."

I left the people behind and walked forward.

It was obvious that the Count would bring Calix to where we were. I didn't really want to be there and run into him.

If I kill some time and come back, he will be gone.

"Ha."

There was no one in the room at the time.

I closed the door tightly, leaned back against it, and sighed.

'As expected. I have no choice but to meet Calix in a place like this.'

Since this is a gathering of all the top businessmen, I naturally thought that Calix would be a member.

In fact, what surprised me more than that was that Calix and Estelle were proud to be together in front of people.

Of course, the two got along very well. They were an official couple recognized by the original work.

However. In the beginning of the original work, it seems like the two used to meet in secret to avoid Rexed's attention.

'I've been out of the deployment for a long time, so I don't know how far the progress has progressed.'

Still, seeing the two of them walking together seems to have made sense.

'There was a woman with the last name Pierre, and the man she liked left because he didn't want to be a trouble.'

Unconsciously thinking of Mr. Dominic, I suddenly came to my senses and shook my head left and right.

When the surroundings become quiet like this and there is nothing to do, I often think of Dominic, as if it were natural.

There's no need to catch someone who has already left.

It's not a situation that can be held back. But...

"I miss you..."

His presence was too great for me to erase him from my mind all at once.

It seems that my heart became agitated after encountering the couple from the original.

"Let's forget it."

I muttered firmly.

"It's best to forget."

The passage of time will be my medicine.

I repeated the same words several times, trying to calm my agitated heart.

How much time has passed?

Knock, knock.

A knock was heard beyond the door I was leaning against.

It looked like someone was trying to enter the room.

"Wait a minute."

I wiped my eyes and quickly got up. But at that moment, I suddenly felt dizzy and my vision turned white.

Could it be because I didn't eat properly because I had no appetite and didn't sleep well because I didn't want to dream?

As I moved around wearing a dress that tightened my waist to attend a meeting, my body eventually reached its limit and leaned forward.

“Miss Rosenia!”

Ah...

"Are you okay?"

I took a breath.

Was the person outside the door Calix?

I said it was okay and tried to let go of his hand holding me. Until Calix suddenly lifted me up like a doll.

“Aaaah!”

In an instant, visibility increased. I shouted in surprise.

"Ugh, what are you doing now?"

"I'll move you to the sofa."

"I can walk by myself!"

I freaked out and raised my voice, but he didn't move.

He walked over with great strides and set me down on the sofa in the middle of the room.

After feeling dazed for a while due to dizziness, my mind suddenly came back.

What is this behavior that straddles the line between kindness and rudeness?

Then Calix suddenly asked.

"Did you cry by any chance?"




The New Series, Having Enemy's Baby has been uploaded today!

You can check it here.



Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments