TVTLQ - Chapter 105

TVTLQ - Chapter 105

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




His gaze reached the corner of my eye.

Maybe a little brightened. I quickly rubbed my eyes.

"It's just dust in there."

"Let's see."

"Yes? It's okay."

Are you sane? What are you looking at? Was Calix always this carefree personality?

Why is this happening all of a sudden...

I slowly moved my hips to the side. I wanted to keep as safe a distance as possible from Calix.

"Why did you come here alone, where is Princess Montrose?"

I told him to quickly go back to his lover, but he frowned slightly for a moment. But soon everyone smiled as if it was my mistake.

"There is no need for you to worry, Lady."

It's so cold when he tells me not to be interested in his woman.

"My complexion is worse than that." 

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

"Yes. It's okay. Thank you for catching me earlier."

I don't appreciate it at all that you suddenly picked me up and lifted me up. I wonder if Calix knows that I was about to say something but held back because the other person was the male lead.

"It's a shame, but sometimes women find it difficult to breathe if they choose the wrong dress. It's no big deal, so you don't have to worry."

"It looks like you couldn't sleep at all."

"I was so excited to be invited to Count Lancon's social gathering that I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night, and it seems to be showing."

I gave a stereotypical excuse and glanced at the door. I was anxious because I thought Estelle would burst open the quiet door and come in at any moment. I'm sure I'm not being used as a sacrifice to strengthen the love between the main characters.

This is an episode where the female protagonist feeds cider to an evil woman who seduced the man she loves.

'No way... I'd like to. but there's a good chance.'

In the end, I decided to leave this place first.

"You were planning to use this road, right? Use it comfortably. I'll just go back now."

"Wait a minute."

Calix extended his hand right in front of me and blocked me. I looked up at him curiously and he said that he was worried. 

"Please rest a little longer. You look difficult."

"It's okay. And I originally came to check on the headgear, so I have to go back now."

"If you really need to go back to the chairmanship right now, I will be there to support you."

“No.”

I shook my head firmly.

"I can go by myself. I think it would be better for the Duke to carry out the purpose for which he originally came here."

You came here to rest, not to see me, right?

Not wanting to attract unreasonable attention, I tried to pass by him. But the moment I took a step forward, my vision became dizzy again. At the same time that I barely managed to hold on to the sofa, Calix also grabbed me.

I felt strong strength in the hand holding my arm.

I whispered with my eyes closed.

"Please let me go."

"But..."

"I just felt dizzy for a moment. I can go on my own without any help."

Calix, who had been hesitant, let go of his hand.

I took a deep breath and tried to come to my senses. Fortunately, It may have been temporary dizziness, but I felt better quickly.

"I'll just go now. Rest well."

I spoke rapidly and quickly left the room. When I was halfway down the hallway, I suddenly stopped like a broken machine. I slowly turned around and looked at the dimly lit room.

"What is it really...."

To be honest, I was a little surprised.

The last time I saw Calix's expression, he looked somewhat hurt. I wondered why and then shook my head.

Let's not be interested.

Shaking off useless thoughts, I worked hard to get back before Calix came out. But the powder room wasn't the only one having problems. The closer I got to the hall, the more noisy the surroundings became.

Just when I thought something had happened, I heard someone's voice sobbing.

"Why do you hate me so much?" 

I stopped walking. The voice I just heard was clearly Estelle.

For a moment, I thought about changing my route and going straight home. But I couldn't go back without saying hello to the new people I met, so I slowly walked towards the hall, crying and feeling like I was eating mustard.

"You fell down on your own! Whare you talking like it's my fault?"

"Ugh, this dress is the only momento of my mother that I have. Since. I can't use it like this... Oh my God."

I didn't enter the hall completely, but just stuck my head out and looked inside.

Estelle had fallen in the middle of the hall. It looks so pitiful that I want to run to Estelle right now and comfort her.

At first glance, I saw that her pure white dress was stained red. Perhaps because the dress was white, the ugly stains were even more noticeable.

'Is this an original play?'

I feel sorry for Estelle, but I had my suspicions first.

What is the purpose... 

It could be to get people's attention, or it could be to trap that woman because she doesn't like it. At that time, Estelle suddenly raised her head and shouted.

"Your Highness, please forgive me of my injustice!"

Only then did I notice a silver-haired man mixed in among the crowd. Such brilliant silver hair was rare in the empire. Except for Rexed, the Crown Prince of the empire.

“Ah.”

I groaned, rubbing my throbbing forehead. Following Calix and Estelle, now Rexed?

It seems that today I came to a minefield rather than a social gathering.

***

Calix, left alone in the room, looked at the door where Rosenia left.

With a face mixed with a bit of confusion, anxiety, and disappointment. He had been thinking some arrogant thoughts.

He was under the illusion that since he had already won her heart once, it would be easy the second time. 

But Rosenia was cold. It's like someone who doesn't want to touch him at all.

"Ha..."

Calix looked down at his left hand.

'I never had anything like this when I was Dominic.'

He had never once asked Rosenia's permission to hold her hand. If they just naturally get into the mood and engage in skinship, the other person will respond in kind.

It was possible back then. Because Rosenia and Dominic liked each other.

But now that he has become Calix, the situation is completely different.

For Rosenia, Calix was a perfect stranger.

"Well, that's the kind of personality he used to have."

She was cautious and suspicious of everything he did. In fact, didn't he put a lot of effort into convincing Dominic that he wasn't Calix?

If he hadn't specially asked Icarus to place the fake Calix in front of her, Rosenia would probably have suspected Dominic until the end.

'I... I sure was impatient.'

Calix reflected. He admitted that he was anxious. But on the other hand, he thought it was force majeure.

From the moment Calix heard she was attending this meeting. From the time he arrived at the venue and saw her face for the first time in a long time. His heart was already beating fast when he heard her voice crying and missing Dominic through the closed door.

Calix noticed that Rosenia had changed seats at the same time he arrived. When he hurried to follow her because her complexion looked bad, he found Rosenia crying alone in an unattended place.

"It's just dust in there."

Rosenia said that, but her red eyes and embarrassed expression proved that her words were false.

She was affectionate and lovely. Maybe that's why.

He forgot his position and acted as he did when he was Dominic.

"Whoa."

Calix sighed deeply and calmed his mind. He already made one mistake, so he shouldn't have made a second one. In that sense, there was one thing that needed to be explained to Rosenia first.

'Hello, Duke. Thank you for joining us today. It was Estelle Montrose who you brought with you today as a companion.'




The New Series, Having Enemy's Baby has been uploaded today!

You can check it here.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments