TVTLQ - Chapter 94

TVTLQ - Chapter 94

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly




"Wait a minute, let's slow down a little.."

"Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yes?"

"You said earlier that you felt like your stomach was upset."

"Ah..."

Mr. Dominic let out a small exclamation. He rubbed his solar plexus.

"Now that I think about it. I still feel a little stuffy."

"If it hurts, you should have told me."

Out of frustration. I beat him up. What is this for a trip that should be fun, really?

"Since when have you been holding back? Should I ask the maid to bring some medicine?"

"No. It's not enough to take medicine. Rather, just..."

He stretched out his arm and grabbed my hand.

"I think I will get better soon if Miss Rosenia stays by my side."

They say that when a person's body hurts, their mind also becomes weak. I felt sorry for him when I saw him not letting go of my hand, like a small animal looking for warmth.

I said as I sat down by the bedside.

"Is it so. You'd rather take a nap and wake up. I'll stay here until you fall asleep. You'll feel much better when you wake up."

"Still. You glad we found a place to stay in the end. Isn't that right?"

"Yes? Oh, that's right. Yes."

Still, I hope the fact that I stayed here doesn't reach Calix's ears, because...

'There was a time when Calix came to the top with a bill for repairs to the suite.'

Of course, the hotel where Nathaniel stayed is the main branch in the capital, and this is a different place.

But it's still annoying.

Mr. Dominic spoke as I sighed inwardly, feeling distraught.

"You know what? It is said that the Erendis Hotel was built by the first Duke of Altemir to celebrate the birthday of his beloved wife."

"Oh yeah?"

"It was written on the sign in front of the statue decorating the first-floor lobby. It is said that the main branch in the capital took a whopping seven years to complete. Since it is a building that represents the empire, it is said that the heirs of the dukedom always begin their management lessons by running the Erendis Hotel."

"Okay. I did not know."

"Miss Rosenia, what does this hotel look like?"

Is Dominic also interested in the hotel business?

I thought for a moment and answered.

"It was beautiful. I think I understand why the Erendis Hotel has become one of the empire's representative buildings. They are not just following the style of the past, but they have continued to develop."

You should praise what deserves praise.

When I spoke honestly, Mr. Dominic nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

"As expected, isn't it?"

"Yes. However, this is the first time I have heard that the heirs of the dukedom always started their management lessons by running this hotel. No wonder... Why are they doing that?"

"It's just that I feel like they have some taste."

"Taste?"

I looked around the room. There is an exquisite harmony of splendor. If It was too much, it was really a skill to make it not seem like it was too much.

"In a hotel, rooms have to be renovated relatively frequently, right? As you enter the room, it definitely feels a little different from the lobby. I guess the Duke's taste this time is toward the extravagant."

"Do you not like it, Miss Rosenia?"

I looked at the golden candlestick hanging on the wall and nodded my head sharply.

"Yes. I don't really like flashy things. If I had to choose, I prefer something simple."

Although the more flashy one matches Rosenia's appearance better. After speaking, I slowly turned my attention to Mr. Dominic.

However, Dominic's complexion as he lay in bed was not very good. I felt scared and urgently asked him.

"Why are you doing this? Are you feeling sick again? Shall I get some medicine?"

"No...No. For some reason, I've been thinking a lot."

He paused for a moment and then faintly raised the corners of his mouth.

"I guess I should take a shower and sleep. I'm sorry, Miss Rosenia. You said you would stay by my side until I fall asleep."

“No, no!”

I wanted to take a shower, but I couldn't because I was next to you!

I quickly stood up.

"I was oblivious. Rest, Dominic."

"Sorry. Get some rest today and see you tomorrow."

"Yes. Have a nice dream."

After saying goodbye to him, I quickly closed the door and left.

"Haa."

I stood in front of the door and rubbed my face with my palms.

Dominic's condition doesn't look very good. Even though he didn't show it on the outside, I guess he had a really hard time today.

"Is he okay?"

I hesitated in front of the door for a long time out of worry, and only after some time had passed was I able to go to my room.

***

It was late at night, well past midnight.

Squeeek.

The tightly closed door opened and Calix quietly appeared. Originally, he was going to move as soon as Rosenia fell asleep.

However, because she kept worrying about his condition and checking on him while he was sleeping, he was delayed in moving.

'It looks like she's really gone to sleep now, so it'll be okay.'

After keeping an eye on Rosenia's room, he left the suite, being careful not to make any noise.

When he came down to the first floor, he headed to the brightly lit manager's office.

"You are here!"

The manager, who had been waiting for him until late at night, came running out in socks.

Calix shook his head lightly.

"I am sorry for being late. It took longer than expected."

"Oh no, no. You can do that. Please sit here."

Calix naturally sat with his legs crossed at the head table that the manager had given up.

The manager asked, bustlingly lifting the bottle of alcohol on the table.

"Haha, when hosting important guests, you need good alcohol. This is Macallan '62. How about on the rocks?"

"No. It's okay, alcohol."

"Oh my. I made a mistake. You're in charge of important work, but you're drinking. I was careless."

He simply refused a drink, but he was so servile that it made the manager look servile.

There was a reason why he acted like this.

"I wonder how you were satisfied with the room provided."

"Ah, the room."

"I have a small wish that you would convey a positive evaluation to the Duke..."

This is because Calix introduced himself and Rosenia to him as internal monitoring agents sent by Duke Altemir.

He showed off his special brooch, which signified that he was trusted by Calix.

"I was actually really surprised. I never thought the Duke would evaluate all branches of the hotel. That is also a form of sudden visit disguised as a customer."

"The Duke would like to evaluate the way the staff serves customers regularly, rather than a temporary make-up."

Calix spoke softly. 

Actually, there was no such evaluation. He just lied to get a room, but it worked very well for the other person.

"According to the regulations, it is correct to proceed with a reservation system. However, being flexible to a Lady who is having trouble finding accommodation late in the evening is a virtue that a first-class hotel should show."

"That is correct. I was immature."

"Originally, I shouldn't have said anything to the manager like this, but isn't Turin the first evaluation point? Other branches would have heard the rumors and prepared, but I thought Turin should also be given a chance."

"Thank you so much for your consideration."

The thrilled manager bowed down with tears in his eyes.

He almost got the worst review and was kicked out in disgrace, but he thought he was lucky.

Calix, who was watching this, spoke naturally.

"That's why."

"Yes! Please tell me."

"I pretended I didn't notice your first mistake, but there won't be a second chance. We will be staying at this hotel for the next two days. I believe you will provide us with the best service. Unlike me, my companion's evaluation is like a sword."

"We will prove to you that of all the hotels in the Empire, Erendis is the best, and among Erendis, our Turin branch is the best. Just leave it to me!"

Although he can't change the room interior right now, still, he must provide only the best to Rosenia.

'I guess this is enough to reassure me.'

Calix, who got an answer he liked, smiled in satisfaction.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments