TVTLQ - Chapter 86

TVTLQ - Chapter 86

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


"Yes?"

I think I just heard something I shouldn't have heard.

My father raised the corner of his mouth slyly.

"As expected. This father knew from the moment he said he would personally treat you at the magical tower, which was second to none for being closed-minded. The magic tower Lord likes you!"

"No."

I said clearly.

Icarus likes me?

My father was openly cursing me.

"I told you yesterday, but father was mistaken. And I'm not going to see the Magic Tower Lord right now."

"Then do you speak to the Crown Prince?"

Why is the story jumping out like that again?

"You saved His Highness the Crown Prince, so it seems like he wants to compensate you. Yeah, it's better. It's better, Rosenia."

My father grabbed my hand tightly. I could feel that he had a strange expectation.

"Do you remember how worried your father was when you, who grew up well, said you wanted to work at the top?"

"Yes, of course."

He cut me off before I even heard what kind of woman works at the top.

"But didn't Nathaniel protect you back then? I heard you also need to try your hand at social life."

"I did."

"Your brother thought so much of you and cared for you, but you don't feel anything?"

I smiled very beautifully. It was a laugh.

So what? You want me to beg Rexed to forgive Nathaniel?

"Thanks to him, I gained a lot of experience."

"Yes, that's right. So, to His Highness the Crown Prince...."

"So I think I need to work harder. That way, even if my brother is not forgiven by Her Royal Highness, Pierre can continue to survive. Like this development case."

"What?"

My father made a dumbfounded expression.

I stood up from the chair with a calm demeanor.

"And unfortunately, I'm not on my way to see His Royal Highness the Crown Prince. I have to meet someone more important than that."

"Wait a minute, Rosenia...!"

"Then I'll be back, father."

I left without looking back.

Funny enough, my father couldn't even scold me for interrupting him and leaving. It seemed like he was busy trying to figure out who the 'more important person than the Crown Prince' I was meeting was. At the same time, he seemed to be holding back his anger at the thought that I was still acquainted with both the Crown Prince and the magic tower Lord.

These are two male leads who are of no help in my life, but I am thankful for one thing.

“Vice President!”

As I went out of the building, Annie, who had already come to the Marquis's residence with a carriage, ran towards me.

I smiled and welcomed her.

"Good morning, Annie."

"Oh my God! You really shine from head to toe today."

"Thank you."

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes."

"What a relief. Come on, get in the carriage. You're going to be busy today."

Following Annie's recommendation, Dominic and I changed the meeting place from the central square to another location.

It was a botanical garden located not far away, and Annie said it was the most popular date spot these days.

As winter approaches and the days get colder, everyone is looking for warm indoor spaces, and the greenhouse garden at the botanical garden is so popular.

"Furthermore, it is said that there is a famous attraction in the botanical garden recently. This is a butterfly that was imported from the Peat Kingdom."

"Butterfly?"

"Yes. They say it's a golden butterfly the size of a fingernail and can be seen in a greenhouse. However, since it never appears when there are people around, it is said that good things will happen to those who see the butterfly."

"That's an interesting story."

Before long, the carriage arrived at the botanical garden. However, there was no one at the botanical garden when we arrived.

I looked at Annie in surprise and she spoke proudly.

"I think you will be making a very important decision today, so I rented this place for the entire day so that no one would disturb you."

I subtly gave her a thumbs-up.

"I wish you good luck, Vice President!"

I left Annie's cheering behind and entered the greenhouse garden. Unlike the cold wind blowing outside, it was very warm inside. 

But it's not too hot and it's warm enough. It was definitely beautiful to see the colorful flowers in full bloom, carefully maintained.

There was still some time left until the time I was scheduled to meet with Mr. Dominic. I walked along the beautifully decorated path to take a quick look around.

People say that when a person almost dies, their way of thinking changes.

That was exactly the case for me.

My thoughts changed a lot after I was trapped underground with Rexed and almost died from an unknown poison. Of course, I still wanted to raise Pierre's merchant to be the best merchant in the empire.

And furthermore, I also want to take over the posthumous title. But when I achieved that goal, I felt so lonely if there was no one by my side.

I wanted to be with someone.

And I hope that person is the person I relied on the most after being possessed.

At that moment, a small butterfly flew in front of me. It sparkled brightly as if gold pieces were fluttering.

In an instant, my eyes were taken by the butterfly, as if mesmerized.

I could tell without asking anyone that the famous object of the botanical garden that Annie mentioned was the butterfly.

"Pretty."

I hurried after the butterfly because it seemed like it would disappear at any moment.

Butterflies flew freely in the peaceful greenhouse sky.

And soon it landed on light brown hair that was as shiny as the color of its wings.

"What a butterfly, Vice President."

It was Mr. Dominic.

Thump, thump, thump.

The moment I saw him, my heart began to pound violently and reveal its presence.

Brown hair that becomes lighter when exposed to sunlight, kind-looking eyes, and a low voice that resonates pleasantly.

These were all aspects of him that I liked.

Oh my God.

I feel like my heart will explode. 

"It's been a while, Dominic." 

I barely opened my mouth.

Mr. Dominic walked towards me with long legs. The butterfly that had been sitting on his head flew into the sky again.

He stood tall in front of me and looked at me carefully. It looks like he is checking to see if there are any injuries.

I asked with a smile.

"Did you have a good vacation?"

“Ha.”

He sighed.

He lowered his head, and his soft-looking hair fell down. Silver-grey eyes visible through light brown hair found me.

He said in a whisper.

"You don't know how suffocating I have been."

The friendly voice contained a light reprimand. But that wasn't blaming me.

Instead, he was worried about me.

I said with regret.

"Were you very worried?"

"You are stating the obvious."

"I was worried too. I'm afraid Dominic will be too surprised."

I reached out and pushed aside the hair that was covering his eyes.

Mr. Dominic's neck moved up and down greatly.

"Are you feeling okay now?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

"The basement of the factory is collapsing, what...."

"It's all in the past and it's okay now. No pain anywhere! Oh, and construction will start again. You heard about it, right?"

"Yes, I heard."

With those words, we fell silent as if we had made a promise.

I could hear the sound of water flowing from a fountain somewhere in the quiet greenhouse garden.

Time seemed to pass very slowly.

I spoke for a while before gathering up the courage.

"Hey, what I want to say is..."

"I have something to tell you..."

For a moment, two surprised eyes met.

Mr. Dominic gave in.

"Speak first."

I took a deep breath.

I thought about whether I could hear the sound of my pounding heart outside.

No, maybe it would be good to stop by.

I hope Dominic knows how sincere I am right now.

"I like Dominic."

"...... Yes?"

Silver-grey eyes wavered behind round glasses.

Those kind eyes were filled with only me. And that was always good.

"I like you. More than I thought"

Maybe I didn't need to look for the golden butterflies that are the botanical garden's specialty.

Because my luck has already been found.

"Why don't we date?"


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Aww poor Rosenia is about to be crushed. Also that’s kinda brutal for the girl you like to tell you that she’s into your fake persona but avoids your true self. I like you but not you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment