TVTLQ - Chapter 87

TVTLQ - Chapter 87

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Words have a mysterious power.

Even if you hesitate and worry without needlessly when you only think about it on the inside if you say it out loud, it gains a powerful driving force from the moment you say it.

It's as if I truly felt what it meant only after I confessed it to Dominic.

'Oh my God.'

My heart was beating like crazy.

I was jumping so much that I thought my heart might explode.

My cheeks feel hot as if I touched something hot, and my hands start to sweat.

Was confession something like this with all your might?

I waited nervously for Mr. Dominic's answer.

Although I was nervous, I had no doubt that he felt the same way as I did.

That's how much I thought he and I gave each other enough signals. Because there is sincerity that is expressed through actions rather than words.

However.

Why is Dominic's expression...

Are you making an embarrassed face as if you heard something you shouldn't have heard?

His face was red.

The peach-red ears proved that he was currently embarrassed.

Joy existed even in the shaking siIver-gray eyes.

The overflowing emotions were truly the kind of thing you couldn't hide even if you tried.

But at the same time, he was perplexed. His tightly closed mouth looked heavy, and he even subtly avoided my gaze.

He lowered his eyes and adjusted his glasses for no reason as if he was feeling nervous.

I felt anxious for a moment. Because his attitude didn't seem like he would give me a positive answer.

An intuition crossed my mind that he would reject my confession.

"Mr. Dominic."

I reached out to him. I wanted to hold him somehow.

But as my hand got closer, Dominic flinched and took a step back. Seeing him walking away gave me an indescribable feeling of disappointment.

I froze with my arms outstretched in the air.

Mr. Dominic rolled his eyes as if observing. Then he bowed his head deeply.

"Sorry."

He muttered softly, hesitated, and left me as if running away.

I was left alone in the beautiful greenhouse. Like a flower blossom left alone after the golden butterfly disappears.

***

Even if you get dumped by someone you like, the world goes on. Just like the groundbreaking ceremony was held in Dostic this morning.

A fanfare rang out in the wide open space. As people applauded, those dressed in fancy court band costumes began to play.

In front of the factory, Dostic stopped halfway through development.

A groundbreaking ceremony was currently underway there.

"What is this...?"

What is the groundbreaking ceremony?

It is a type of ceremony held before the construction of a building begins.

Why, there is an event in front of a construction site in the middle of nowhere where everyone digs the first shovel or cuts a ribbon with scissors.

"A groundbreaking ceremony is held in a place where construction has already begun."

I let out a helpless laugh. Even today's event wasn't what I had planned.

"Next, there will be a reading of the permission issued by His Highness the Crown Prince himself."

It was an event unilaterally notified and prepared by the imperial palace.

Also this morning. Dozens of workers arrived at Dostic before sunrise and quickly cleared out the area around the factory and created a temporary event venue.

A tent was pitched, a platform was set up, and braziers were placed here and there to keep it warm.

When I arrived at Dostic, it was already half-ready.

"Look at that. This is my first time seeing something like this."

"That's right. There's no way construction will suddenly stop, right? It just stopped for a moment to do it right."

"As expected, His Highness the Crown Prince is someone who truly cares about his people!"

Local residents gathered around the event venue, including everyone, let out exclamations of surprise on their faces.

It seemed like they had already forgotten the bloody atmosphere the imperial knights had created when the order to stop construction was issued.

They say humans are animals of forgetfulness..

I glanced at the official conducting the groundbreaking ceremony. Unlike the idiots I had bribed before, he was a promising person who was praised as competent.

However, no matter how capable a person was, he could not act against the will of the royal family as long as he was eating away at the royal family.

In other words, it means that Rexed has approved everything that is happening now.

“Rosenia Pierre, please come for advice.”

The official who finished reading the edict called me.

I stood up. And slowly, he moved forward while receiving people's attention.

"Please open the box."

Following the instructions, I opened the long box placed on the table on the podium.

Then, a huge golden shovel wrapped in a red velvet carpet came out of it.

"Wow." 

"Is that really gold?"

Cheers erupted from everywhere at the appearance of the sparkling gold.

Of course, it's plated, but it's still amazing. It also meant that the Crown Prince was very interested in this construction.

"From now on, there will be an opening ceremony by Rosenia Pierre, the general manager of Dostic development."

Thank you for helping me out, but what on earth is your plan?

Without knowing the answer, I dug up the first shovel that wasn't the first shovel.

***

After the groundbreaking ceremony, warning signs posted throughout the construction site prohibiting entry were removed. And knights were placed equal to the number of warning signs that had disappeared.

This was taken in advance to prevent an unfortunate incident from happening again.

"Thank you for your hard work this morning."

I approached the official who was about to return after clearing the scene and spoke to him.

As if to prove his hard work, he was sweating profusely even though it was the middle of winter.

He said, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"I just did what I had to do."

"I think many people, including me, were moved by the imperial decree that His Royal Highness the Crown Prince read a while ago. You must be hungry, so I would like to treat you to a meal. How do you feel?"

"It's okay. As I said before, I just did what I had to do. Also, the person Miss Pierre should thank is not me, but His Highness the Crowne Prince.

He feigned humility and firmly declined. This is not someone who can be easily bought off.

I decided to take a step back.

"I plan to express my gratitude. I have received great favor from Your Highness."

It's very suspicious help, but I'm curious about its origins.

Those dispatched from the imperial palace returned and only those enjoying the after-party remained at the site.

"For His Highness the Crown Prince!"

"For His Highness the Crown Prince!"

The atmosphere was cheerful as the Crown Prince served food and drinks to commemorate the groundbreaking ceremony.

Of course, construction is scheduled to start tomorrow.

"Hey, we have to do it for our master, too!"

"Oh, that's right! For Rosenia Pierre!"

Someone made a mistake in addressing me, but it wasn't a bad thing for me and I just pretended I didn't hear anything.

"That's really good, Vice President!"

Annie, who had been in a state of excitement the whole time, shouted.

"Everything will really work out fine now! However, it is a pity that Dominic was unable to attend on such a great day. They said they couldn't attend without even contacting me.”

"I know."

I lowered my eyelashes. My excited heart calmed down a little.

Just yesterday, I confessed to Dominic. 

"I really like Dominic, so if you don't mind, let's date."

And Mr. Dominic ran away.

All he could say was that he was sorry.

"Miss, did something go wrong yesterday... ?"

Annie asked cautiously.

Annie also noticed that Dominic's absence today was related to an 'important event' that happened yesterday.

I pursed my lips.

Confessing isn't easy. Although I spoke to him cheerfully, I thought and thought a lot before saying that one word. What if Dominic says no?

Even if the confession doesn't happen, I want to continue working together, but is that possible? 

I thought about it again and again. Nevertheless, the reason I did it was because I didn't want to regret it later by not being able to at least convey my feelings.

And as a result, I only heard an apology.

"Ha."

I sighed.

Annie flinched.

"Haha, everyone seems so excited. I will be careful not to overheat the atmosphere."

Perhaps because it was a thorn cushion, she quickly left the place.

Left alone, I sat down on a chair.

' I thought Dominic would feel the same way as me....'

Was that my mistake?

But who would kiss the forehead of a woman they don't like?

'Sometimes there are bad people who like to play with people's hearts.'


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments