TVTLQ - Chapter 85

TVTLQ - Chapter 85

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


"This is also our fate, so how about we go and have a cup of tea?"

My father drooled and asked if he thought this was an opportunity to form a relationship with the Magic Tower.

"It's okay."

But Icarus refused so coldly that it embarrassed everyone who heard him.

"See you later."

At the same time, he gave me a few words of farewell, threw some unnecessary sparks, and left.

"Rose, what is your relationship with the magic tower Lord? I think he's being quite kind to you."

"Father, you are mistaken. I have no relationship with the Magic Tower owner."

Thanks to Icarus, I gritted my teeth as I came up with a useless explanation.

I pretended not to notice people's attention and went up to my room. It was a room I returned to after a long time. I decided not to go to the top today and tomorrow.

There was just one thing that needed to be done quickly.

"Please call someone."

A few hours later, Annie arrived at the mansion at my call.

"Vice President! Are you feeling okay?"

Now that I think about it, the last time I saw Annie was that day, and there was an accident.

I felt sorry for Annie, who must have been worried and spoke sweetly.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry for worrying you."

"I'm so glad that you are safe."

"Nothing happened at the top, right?"

"Nothing much happened. It wasn't even a fuss. Construction is halted and you get in to an accident...."

"Speaking of that construction, the royal decree will be delivered the day after tomorrow."

"Royal decree?"

"Yes. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince has given permission to proceed with construction again."

Annie, with wide eyes, was very happy.

"It went really well! I knew that the Prince would understand your sincerity!"

"The palace officials will be leaving the day after tomorrow, but please give people gifts in advance. It will be a change of atmosphere."

"Yes! Oh, I guess I'll have to pass this news on to Dominic separately. Do you know that Mr. Dominic also came and went on the night of the accident?"

"Dominic came...?" 

I blinked at the unexpected word Annie nodded enthusiastically.

"He arrived earlier than the original vacation period, but after hearing that Dostic construction had been stopped, he came straight to the top. However, since you did not return by that time, he left immediately, saying that he would go to Dostic himself."

"Even in Dostic?" 

"Yes. After that, it was Dominic who notified the higher-ups that you had been in an accident and who led the rescue efforts at the scene."

As expected, the person I saw before fainting that day was Mr. Dominic.

But why did Rexed say he didn't know when I asked?

After wondering for a moment, I soon found the answer. Although it may be necessary to say this, Viscount Willock was from a fairly low-origin family.

It was only after I met Dominic and researched his background that I found out that there was a family called the Willock family.

Members of the Willock family had never come to the capital, much less attended an imperial banquet.

Moreover, Mr. Dominic was the second son and not the heir to the family, so it was no wonder that Rexed did not know him.

"Hey, Annie."

“Yes, Lady”

"Are you going to tell Dominic that construction will start again today?"

"Yes. That's how it should be."

"I will go to work the day after tomorrow to coincide with the arrival of the imperial official. But before I go to work at the top, I want to meet Dominic separately. So, could you tell Dominic to meet me in the main square tomorrow?"

"Sure. I will tell him."

"And there's one more thing I'd like to ask."

"Yes, please tell me."

"Is there a place with a good atmosphere that is popular among people these days?"

"Yes?"

"So, um, for a date... Something good to do?"

Contrary to how energetically I asked, I ended up being a little hesitant about what I was saying.

Still, Annie's eyes sparkled as if she realized something.

"Sure! Just leave it to me!"

My heart started pounding as much as her passionate attitude.

***

The news that Rosenia returned home to Pierre's mansion was also delivered to Duke Altemir's residence.

"I'm so glad!"

Assistant Dominic shouted. Calix nodded quietly.

Rosenia's return to the mansion meant that Rexed had indicated that he would not press charges against her.

Calix finally felt at ease because Rexed had not opened his mouth about Rosenia's disposition.

"Construction that was suspended will also resume! Lady Pierre will be truly happy."

"I guess so."

However, Calix's expression was not completely bright. And Assistant Dominick knew the reason.

"Duke, haven't you already decided?"

He too had heard about the deal between Rexed and Calix.

Rexed ordered Calix to abandon his outrageous double life in exchange for permission to resume construction on Dostic. With a slight threat of punishment if he doesn't listen.

And Calix decided to follow Rexed's suggestion. Because he wanted to bring good news to Rosenia, and on the other hand, Rexed's proposal was reasonable.

But Calix couldn't stop his heart from racing for no reason.

"It shouldn't have been like this in the first place. The plan was to have Dominic create a connection with the Alter Company, but Lady Pierre wasn't so accommodating. I can't live under the name Dominic Willock for the rest of my life, so I think it's right to end things at this point."

"Yes...."

"It may be said that the contract was made with a magic tower contract, but since only monetary compensation is at stake, it would be easy to cancel the contract. All you need to do is say one word, Duke."

Dominic put on the serious expression that Calix often made.

"Just said, 'I want to cancel the contract because I have lost trust in Pierre's handling of the work due to this development suspension and collapse."

Calix narrowed his eyebrows as if he was not afraid.

"Do I really have to say such hurtful words?"

"Then what are you going to do?"

"Something happened in the family, or I had to quit due to personal reasons."

"From my perspective, if it weren't for those harsh words, Lady Pierre would never give up on the Duke."

Because they both seem to be as stubborn as an ox. Dominic muttered to himself.

"Besides, you should never mention your family name. I don't think that will happen, but what would happen if the Ladybwere to visit the Willock family in person?"

"She'll find out it was all a lie."

"Yes, that's right! So, if you want to cut off lingering attachments once and for all, you must act resolutely. 'Dominic Willock' is just the last person to disappear after this incident. Don't worry about it for nothing."

"... Yes. You're right."

The fact that Dominic and Calix are the same person is something that should never be revealed.

As for Dominic, it would be impossible for him to develop a deeper relationship with her.

"I need to completely clean up and start anew."

"Yes. That's the right decision. If you really care, send her a letter and sort it out. It would be neatest to end it face to face, but if you are worried about Lady Pierre, a letter might not be a bad idea."

Calix agreed with Dominic by nodding his head.

However, that evening, a letter was delivered to the residence of 'Dominic Willock'.

The knight who disguised himself as the owner of the house and guarded the residence immediately delivered this letter to Calix.

Calix's face darkened after reading the letter.

"Lady Rosenia wants to meet separately tomorrow."

"Oh my..."

Assistant Dominic sighed.

If she had waited just one day, they could have split amicably through a letter.

Lady Pierre is also very unlucky.

"You can't help it that it has come to this. If you meet the Lady tomorrow, tell her clearly and get Dominic sorted out."

Calix nodded with a gloomy face.

He thought his aide was right this time.

***

The next morning, I woke up faster than anyone else.

I ate put on my favorite clothes, and put on my makeup after styling my hair without using too many decorations.

As I put on the softly shining jewelry, I saw Rosenia with a shining appearance in the mirror.

"You are so beautiful, Young Lady."

The maid who decorated me couldn't help but be impressed.

Everyone was interested as I was busy dressing up.

The person I was most curious about was none other than my father. My father, who had been snooping next to me since morning, asked.

"Are you going to meet the magic tower, Lord?"


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments