TVTLQ - Chapter 84

TVTLQ - Chapter 84

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Are you here?"

Mrs. Atwood said, rising gracefully.

"Welcome, Your Highness."

When I followed her in greeting, he paused. Then, without answering, he sat down right next to the chair we were sitting in.

If someone says hello, accept it!

I opened my eyes and looked at him, and when our eyes met, I quickly smiled.

"Would you like some tea? I just happened to bake a lemon tart."

"It's okay. Could you please leave for a moment?" 

"All right."

Mrs. Atwood left the room, closing the door behind her. As it was just the two of us, I rolled my eyes somewhat uneasily.

Mrs. Atwood said something strange for no reason.

"Pierre."

"Yes."

"Tomorrow morning, my knight will take you to the Marquis Pierre. Please prepare in advance."

I opened my eyes wide at the unexpectedly good news.

"Thank you!"

"And..."

He stopped speaking. Then he suddenly glared at me.

Look at this.

I feel sorry for Mrs. Atwood, but she wasted her age. Is this the look in the eyes of someone who feels comfortable with me?

However, I did not want to get caught and waited patiently. After a while, Rexed suddenly spoke.

"We will allow construction."

This time I was really surprised. As I just stared at him without even being able to react, Rexed cleared his throat loudly.

"Since there are no problems with the development and the expected effects are great, we will issue a permit to start construction again next week. However, the report will have to be more thorough than before. We won't be sending low-level officials like we did before. It's also where the accident occurred."

"Yes..!"

"If even a small mistake is made, we will immediately stop and review again."

"I will keep this in mind and keep in mind so as not to cause any inconvenience!" 

I shouted loudly.

Laughter just came out.

In any case, the fact that Rexed allows development again means that he recognizes the value of this work.

"There's one more thing I'd like to ask."

"Please ask."

"What does the Lady think of Duke Altemir?"

Of course, I thought it would be a question about construction. Contrary to my expectations, a question about Calix came up somewhat out of the blue.

What...

Did Calix really plant explosives im the factory because he was wary of Pierre's power growing?

If you think about it that way, it seems to make some sense that Rexed decided to handle this matter quietly.

I looked at him carefully. I tensed and slowly opened my mouth.

"Duke Altemir is the person who runs the largest merchant house in the empire. As someone who has only recently worked at the top, I think he is a great person with a lot to see and learn from. Also, having such a person assisting His Highness the Crown Prince is a blessing to the empire."

"You're very good at talking loud."

Rexed snorted bitterly. It wasn't a wrong answer, but it didn't seem like the right answer either.

Why are you asking me this? Is that by any chance? What are your aspirations after joining the company?

I am asking how you feel about the fact that they gave me a development permit that was not granted to his descendant, Calix.

I thought about it and opened my mouth.

"That's a polite answer."

"Hmm?"

"I'll be honest with you. Thankfully, His Highness has re-authorized the development of Dostic, and we have been able to continue the most important project being carried out at Pierre. I will take advantage of the opportunity given by Your Highness to create a huge business that can be helpful to the empire."

"Is that what you think of the Duke?"

"Yes. Currently, the largest merchant in the empire is the Alter Corporation, and I want to create an even greater merchant than the Alter Corporation. So, my thoughts on Duke Altemir can be defined this way."

I smiled softly.

"My rival that I will beat in the near future."

Rexed chuckled. He was almost scoffing.

I felt like I was just making the other person laugh and this wasn't the right answer.

I said it for no reason.

***

Early morning the next day.

"Thank you so much."

I greeted Mrs. Atwood, who came out to see me off and boarded the carriage leaving the imperial palace. Of course, Rexed did not show his face.

It would have been even more creepy if he had come out to see me off.

Officially, I was supposed to be treated at the Magic Tower. Accordingly, the carriage was disguised as belonging to the Magic Tower, and the knight was also disguised as a knight belonging to the Magic Tower.

In addition, Rexed added a wizard.

"Are you glad I'm going with you?"

"Haha... sure."

I forced a smile towards Icarus, who was already in the carriage.

It seemed like something was going terribly wrong. Why do the male leads from the original keep hanging around me?

The male leads are so spineless. Of course, I don't have that kind of relationship with these people, but if the male lead always likes the female lead, then of course they should be hanging around Estelle.

It makes people anxious.

Of course, only Calix, who was the main male lead in the original, and Derek, who was an upright unrequited man, could be said to have integrity.

"I checked Dostic once at the Magic Tower."

I was awakened from my thoughts by the words Icarus spoke to me.

"There will be no more explosions or anything like that. His Highness even personally added additional security."

"I heard from His Highness the Crown Prince. Thank you."

"Just words?"

He asked with a grin. He was looking at me with his chin resting on his hand, and it looked like he was putting on a calyx and being cute.

"It's so cold. I'm being so nice to you, but you don't seem to think anything of it."

"It can't be. I am grateful."

"I've already found the person you were looking for."

"Margaret?"

I opened my eyes wide in surprise. Icarus clicked his tongue.

"I told you this when I visited you before. I guess you didn't hear it."

"Ah... Did you? Sorry."

I'm so busy with Dostic's work. To be honest, I had half forgotten that Icarus had come to visit me.

"So where is Margaret? You met and joined... No, I have something to ask."

"She's dead."

"Yes?"

"She died. Don't look at me with those eyes. I didn't kill her."

He took something out of his pocket. It was a rough wooden plaque with a dark stain.

"Do you know what this is?"

I shook my head. It was my first time seeing it. Then Icarus muttered to himself.

"Isn't it related to Hwanggeum?"

As I was staring at the object, he smiled and took the wooden paddle back.

"She's dead anyway. The body was disposed of appropriately. You said she was your employee, but it turned out to be unfortunate."

"..."

"Why? I wonder what's going on?" 

Icarus whispered as if he would really say it if he said so. 

I thought for a moment. Whether to ask him for details or not.

An instinctive sense told him that this had to do with his personal circumstances.

Should I really listen to that?

"No."

I chose to draw a line.

If you listen to the story, you will learn more information that you don't know, but you will also be involved in the other person's business.

And that went against my will to live quietly, regardless of the characters in the original work.

Even though I'm still connected to them...

No matter what, being inevitably involved is different from being directly interested in something. It wasn't the intention, but in the end, it was like trying to stop Margaret from joining. 

"It's a shame. She was a young friend." 

"But you're young too."

Icarus scoffed as if he had heard something funny. 

The carriage quickly arrived at Pierre Mansion.

"Rosenia!"

My father, whom I hadn't seen in a while, came running out. My father asked, checking my body here and there.

"Is it okay? I was so surprised to hear that you were buried in the ground."

"I'm okay."

I smiled and reassured my father. He heaved a sigh of relief and belatedly realized that the person who had taken me there was Icarus.

The embarrassed father greeted Icarus politely.

"I am honored that the Lord of the Magic Tower personally brought my daughter here."

"Not a big deal."

Icarus responded lightly. But the atmosphere was already agitated by his appearance.

"It is said that the Mage Tower has a picky personality and doesn't come out often. He seems quite friendly with the Young Lady."

I clicked my tongue while listening to the employees whispering. I should have kept him from coming out.

It was regrettable that he couldn't do it because it was a matter of respect for the Crown Prince and the magic tower.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapter 🥰💕💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment