TVTLQ - Chapter 83

TVTLQ - Chapter 83

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The Crown Prince's office.

Rexed sat down and touched his throbbing forehead.

In the past few days, he has had a lot to worry about. Most of it was about Rosenia.

The explosion in the basement that got him into trouble wasn't Rosenia's fault. Although Rexed was displeased with this, he did not punish her.

“Tsk.”

Rexed clicked his tongue as if he was displeased after reading the report that his confidant had reinvestigated. 

Dostic has greater benefits from development. There were no shortcomings in the development plan submitted by Rosenia.

Why on earth!

If there had been something lacking, he would have made an easy decision without having to worry about it.

Rosenia was a woman who had tormented him terribly for the past few years. Wherever he went, she followed him persistently like a shadow.

But now it was confusing Rexed differently.

She is competent enough to handle the development of an area on her own. She also made a mark. The origin is questionable, but the Crown Prince's life was saved with a natural magic stone.

Moreover, there is shame. She showed her sincerity by preparing a magic stone for Penelope, who had shown her a favor.

To be honest, when Rexed heard that fact, some of the anger he had toward Rosenia was relieved.

His sister's health was also a concern for Rexed. And now, as a few days passed, he realized that his disdain for Rosenia was no longer the same as before.

Sometimes, it felt funny that he was showing hostility towards her. This is because Rosenia felt like a different person than before.

She was intelligent and calm. It seemed like there was a bit of recklessness to it, but it wasn't the type of thing that caused discomfort like before.

'Was it that shocking that you were rejected by me?'

Her change was great enough to make Rexed reexamine her actions.

It was a time when he was in trouble.

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince."

The door opened and Calix entered his office. A servant could be seen following behind him, fidgeting. 

"I said I wouldn't accept your visit."

"The servant is not guilty. So blame me."

"Yes. The fault is all yours."

Rexed was shocked.

When he gestured to the servant to leave, he bowed his head and stepped away.

Calix said, approaching with great strides.

"Release Lady Rosenia."

"You're talking as if I'm incarcerated."

Rexed frowned slightly.

Rosenia is currently eating well, resting well, and receiving treatment at Hyacinth Palace. According to Zenith, she feels a little burdened.

However, Calix's attitude did not change.

The way he looks at Rexed from his seat is very disrespectful. In the end, Rexed let out an irritated complaint.

"What on earth are you thinking?"

Calix has changed as much as Rosenia.

Here in front of him, acting like a crazy person in love, Rexed almost doubted whether Calix was the best friend that he had known all this time.

In the first place, it just seemed like a lie that the object of his love was Rosenia. Looking at the changes these days, it doesn't seem completely impossible.

"Calix, let me ask you honestly."

But Rexed didn't want to see the two having fun. It was partly due to the sense of betrayal he felt from Calix, and partly because his thoughts about Rosenia had recently changed.

"Does Lady Pierre know your other side?"

Calix did not answer. Rexed's expression softened slightly.

"That's good news. If you had told me the secret of the ring, I would have destroyed it right away."

"I don't plan on revealing all my secrets."

"You, Dominic, and all stop living that ridiculous double life right now. From what I heard, you only visit the Pierre Merchant's Company while doing some work at the company."

"The Chamber of Commerce is operating without problems."

"Did you only become aware of the danger after receiving word from the Pontry Mine?"

"It wasn't completely dangerous yet."

Rexed waved his hand as if he didn't want to hear it.

"Stop wasting things and come back properly. In Dominic's name, stop working for Pierre."

"That's not yet..."

"Then we will allow Dostic development again."

Calix paused at the unexpected suggestion but did not give an answer right away.

Rexed's eyebrows rose up.

"What, you don't like it? Do you think this is a lenient disposition?"

It was true that it was a lenient disposition. No one is punished, he just orders Calix to return to his original position.

However, Calix had a contract with Rosenia.

After all, it was concluded with a magic tower contract.

"Of course, you shouldn't confess your double life to the Lady. I have no intention of leaving behind evidence of previous events just because of this one incident."

Calix's 'hunt' that had taken place so far included Rexard's will. 

"If you don't like it, quit. However, Dostic development will be halted as is. You will be punished for daring to deceive the Crown Prince of the empire. If that happens, I will have to find a replacement to take on your role."

Calix's blue eyes sank deeply.

***

Until now, when people asked me how I was doing, I always gave the excuse that I was recuperating,

'I never thought I'd really be recuperating.'

I was still staying at the Hyacinth Palace.

This was because I did not receive permission from Rexed to return. He instructed me to recuperate here for a week, as Icarus wanted.

I told my father and the upper management that I was being treated at the Magic Tower. Thanks to this, I was able to enjoy leisure that I never had before. 

"I made a lemon tart. Would you like it?"

"Yes, willingly, thank you." 

I smiled and took the tart that Mrs. Atwood handed me. The Lady Rexed gave me is currently my only conversation partner.

The Lady had a very delicate personality and made sure I didn't feel any shortcomings while I was staying there.

Okay... This place is perfect.

But for me, it was the worst and most uncomfortable place. And the only reason it's worst is because this is Prince Rexard's territory.

Don't you hate to see me?

Why are you holding on?

I'm thankful that he didn't blame me for the basement collapsing,

"Oh my, it's really delicious."

"I got some good lemons, so I tried making them. The Young Lady is too thin. Not only do you eat, but I think you need to eat more snacks regularly."

"Since Madam said that, I think I should pay more attention to my diet. But after eating such delicious food for the past few days, I don't know if I'll be able to eat anything else when I get home."

"Oh, my goodness. Hoho, even a joke."

Mrs. Atwood smiled cheerfully.

At first, I thought it would be difficult to get close to her because his expression was expressionless and the atmosphere was solemn.

"You're right. Her Royal Highness Penelope looks really good in soft colors."

"So, I would like to prepare a light cherry blossom and pearl-colored dress for the reception."

"I'm sure you'll be very beautiful. Everyone will only be looking at you."

I brought up the story of Penelope's wedding and quickly became closer as I hit it off. 

"After all, rumors cannot be trusted."

"Yes?"

"I rarely knew for the rest of my life that the Young Lady was such a sweet person."

I laughed silently at Mrs. Atwood's words.

It seems that she is talking about Rosenia's behavior in the original work before I possessed her.

"When you are in the imperial palace, you hear many things. It was even more so when serving Her Royal Highness the Princess and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince. Some of them were true and some of them were false."

It must be true to say that Rosenia followed the Rexed.

"As I get older, I should have more insight, but even at this age, it seems like I still lack it."

I meditated on her unfortunate misunderstanding.

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince already knew the truth. So, wouldn't he have brought the Lady here himself?"

"Haha, Your Highness is wise and kind. I don't know if I'm causing too much trouble to the person whose construction was completely ruined."

"It can't be. It seems to me that he is quite looking forward to the conversation with the Lady. At first glance, he looks comfortable."

No way.

I felt a chill and swept my arms.

Recently, he has been visiting me once a day. But the way he looked at me wasn't that good.

For me, it was urgent to get permission to develop Dostic, so I made an unsolicited announcement and talked to him passionately, regardless of whether he had a good expression or not.

Did it look like a fun discussion in the eyes of others?

"Not at all...."

"What do you mean it's not?"

I was muttering to myself and woke up in surprise.

Rexed said that even tigers will come when they say so.


Previous           Next 



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments