TVTLQ - Chapter 82

TVTLQ - Chapter 82

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The aftermath of the sudden appearance of two male leads was amazing.

I flinched in shock.

Rexed saw this and sighed in frustration.

"Lay down."

"I'd rather help you get up..."

"What?"

"No..."

I'm crying. The burden has doubled.

Madam Atwood went out and the two men brought a chair and sat down next to the bed where I lay.

Icarus placed his hand on my forehead and made a humming sound.

"The fever has definitely gone down. If you take your medicine properly for about a week, there will be no problem." 

Did you come to check on my condition?

It makes sense, considering that the collapsed area was the passage Ieading to the place he called 'home'.

Seeing that the two people came together, it seemed like they had already discussed everything they needed to know, including the existence of the basement.

I asked while squinting at Rexed, who looked fine, unlike me.

"What was it? Is it poison?"

"The poison is true, but I didn't do it, so I hope you don't look at me like that." 

Naturally, I thought it was a trap set by Icarus, so my eyes widened. Then he pointed out the loopholes in my thinking.

"When you said you would repair the factory, the workers would have looked inside, but this never happened back then."

“Ah.”

"And in the first place, the defense wall is not meant to completely prevent invasion. It may not be possible. It's not even an explosion."

He took something out of his coat pocket.

It was a piece of twine that had been burned off except for the end.

"Explosives were buried in the ground to detect magical response and explode. And when the wall collapsed, powdered poison was installed to spread. These are all rare items that are hard to find. These are things that didn't exist originally."

"I definitely am not!"

The circumstances surrounding the situation were unusual.

I jumped up from my seat and screamed because my neck hurt while claiming my innocence. Icarus clicked his tongue and handed me a glass of water.

"Who said you did that?"

It's a suspicious situation.

For example, I acted out of spite towards Rexed for stopping construction....

Is my imagination going too far?

I drank water and rolled my eyes anxiously.

Then Rexed said disapprovingly.

"At least, they were installed after construction was stopped and a no-entry order was issued. Unfortunately, I was able to prove that the Lady was in and out of the imperial palace during that period without having time to go anywhere else."

That's right.

"There must be someone who sneaked in and out. Maybe there is an accomplice."

"But for what purpose?"

Rexed's visit was not planned to be said to be targeting the Crown Prince.

They stared at me.

Oh my.

"It's me."

"You have a lot of enemies, Baby."

"That's amazing. But since you are a woman who has been given the title of Prince Stalker, in some ways it seems plausible."

I fell into thought, listening to Rexed' subtle criticism.

If they were targeting me, who did it and why?

The first person that came to mind as a suspect was Calix.

It occurred to me that he might have planned this intending to hinder Pierre's growth.

No.

I couldn't completely get rid of my suspicions about these two people sitting in front of me right now.

In the original work, it is not exactly clear which of the male leads was killed by Rosenia.

At this moment, he wasn't showing any obvious hostility towards me, but I didn't know what he was thinking.

'Or it could be related to the chandelier falling earlier.'

The tracking was also cut off in the middle.

“Ah.”

I grabbed my head from the pounding headache.

I had already passed out due to a high fever and had just woken up, but as I started to think more deeply, my head hurt as if I was being pricked by a needle.

At that time, I heard something unexpected.

"I decided to ask about this for now."

I raised my head.

Rexed muttered with his arms crossed.

"I can't believe I got help from you."

He looked very upset.

Icarus spoke instead of Rexed, who had no intention of explaining further.

"I need to keep it a secret in many ways. It would be even worse if there were rumors that His Highness had an accident. People are more excited to hear that the Crown Prince had an accident than to say that a Marquess' daughter got into an accident."

"You almost got exterminated for murdering the royal family, so consider yourself lucky."

"But we will secretly investigate who did this. Your Highness was very angry."

"How dare you get me involved too. Do you think you can touch the Crown Prince of the empire and sleep with your feet up on this earth? If I catch you, I'll tear your limbs apart."

A crackling sound came from Rexed's hand.

Aside from me, he seemed very upset that he had gone through a hard time.

Although he deserves to be punished, it will be difficult for him to die gracefully.

"Or is it a pity? Why didn't you spread the word to the whole empire that you were locked in the basement alone with me?"

"No."

I quickly lowered my head.

“Tsk.”

"Thank you for your kindness, Your Highness."

"But I'm asking now... Who else knows I'm here?"

I wanted to avoid rumors that I was in a relationship with the Crown Prince. I didn't want to create a situation where Estelle might misunderstand.

Rexed said with a dissatisfied face.

"This is the annex of Hyacinth Palace. It's not a place I normally use. No one has seen you except the knight who transported you and Janice, who has nursed you."

"Is that so."

Thank God.

My body went limp because I was so relaxed.

"But I guess I'll have to explain this."

Rexed took out a small jewelry box.

Although I didn't open the box, I realized that it contained the tears of the World Tree.

"This is not something that can be easily obtained. Where did it come from?"

I glanced at Icarus.

Judging by the fact that Icarus was pretending not to know, it seemed that Icarus had not told him that it was originally in the basement and that it had once belonged to Pierre.

Then.

"I had someone to give it to as a gift, so I did some research and found it."

"Gift? To whom?"

"This is Princess Penelope."

Rexed looked surprised, as if he hadn't expected his sister's name to come up.

I spoke as calmly as possible.

"Isn't there a wedding planned soon? As she was often indebted to Her Highness while delivering gifts to Her Highness the Princess, I prepared this intending to repay the favor in some small way."

"A magic stone and nothing else ?"

"I heard a rumor that natural magic stones have the power to protect humans. The Princess tried her best to be healthy and not get hurt on the way to a faraway country."

I didn't think Penelope would want to reveal reasons such as pregnancy, so I used health as an excuse.

"Okay...."

At that moment, Rexed's voice became a little gentler,

I was a little surprised.

Not only his voice but also his expression was slightly relaxed.

It was an expression on Rexed's face that Rosenia could never see. 

Because it was an unfamiliar sight, I stared at him without realizing it.

Our eyes met, and he cleared his throat shyly.

"How good was my sister to you? It's the mindset you should have."

"Yes. In that sense, I would like you to return it now."

"But I can't believe everything the Lady says, so I'll keep it. When my sister returns, I will personally deliver it to her."

It's my merit, but why are you trying to show off?

I felt disapproval, but I did not refute him.

Anyway, I thought that Rexed, who cared for his sister, would not steal the tears of the World Tree.

As I was watching him collect the tears from the World Tree, I suddenly remembered that it was probably the last time I saw Mr. Dominic before I lost consciousness. 

"I have something to ask you." 

"What?"

"Wasn't there someone on the scene looking for me? He wore round glasses and had slightly light brown hair. His name is Dominic Willock."

Rexed listened to my explanation and was silent for a moment before answering.

"No. I don't know."

"Is that so...."

Did I see something wrong? 

Well, Dominic's vacation isn't over yet.

Aside from feeling some sense of regret, I made one decision.

When he comes back, I will tell him my feelings so that I won't have any more regrets.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments