TVTLQ - Chapter 81

TVTLQ -  Chapter 81

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Rexed didn't know that Calix, who said he was going to the Pontry Mine, would already be back.

Rexed had no idea that he was using the ring to take on the appearance of Dominic, and he had no idea that he would be asking him for Rosenia with this look on his face at this very moment.

Calix had a face consumed by worry.

And Rexed quickly realized that the object of his concern was this woman, not his close friend.

Calix was looking at Rexed as if the woman was the culprit for this.

Rexed's hands holding Rosenia gained strength.

"It can not be done."

"Your Highness."

"This woman inhaled poison."

Calix opened his eyes.

Rexed said as he handed Rosenia over to the knight instead of Calix.

"Let the royal doctor see her right away. We will interrogate her later to see if she has anything to do with the collapsed underground passage."

"Yes!"

"And."

Rexed trotted forward.

"Master, and... you."

Rexed was conscious of people's gaze and referred to Calix as a personal pronoun.

It was a secret that Calix could change his appearance with a specially-made ring.

The secret shared only by Icarus, Rexed, and Calix could not be revealed to such an unspecified number of people.

"What happened now? You're going to have to tell me exactly what happened."

Rexed's eyes burned brightly.

***

Rexed, who returned to the imperial palace, was finally released after being diagnosed with nothing wrong despite the palace doctor's fuss.

The Crown Prince's office arrived like that.

Before he knew it, Calix had returned to his normal self.

Rexed, Calix, and Icarus sat at a distance from each other.

In the calm atmosphere, Rexed opened his mouth.

"You probably have something to tell me."

"I'm sorry for not telling you before."

Calix apologized more gently than expected.

The reason he was able to apologize so readily was because he realized and acknowledged his feelings.

Rexed frowned.

"Are you sorry for not saying something?"

"Until now, I had been hiding as Dominic Willock and approached Lady Rosenia."

"I know that because I saw it with my own eyes. And?"

"I helped her and worked at Pierre's upper level... I received permission to develop Dostic without properly mentioning it to you. I thought I would get your permission."

Bang.

Rexed hit the desk with his fist.

He growled.

"Why did you trick me?"

"You hate Lady Rosenia."

Rexed took a deep breath.

It was a face that resisted the urge to punch Calix at any moment.

"I didn't believe it when Viscount Gray said it. I thought you were hunting Pierre Merchant. Say it. Is it hunting?"

"No."

"Then, as the Viscount said, did you really put effort into her because she was such an important talent?"

"At first it was, but not anymore."

"Then?"

"I like her."

"...... What?"

"It's not just about coveting her as a talent, it's more than that. I always want to be by her side and do many things together."

This incident clearly made Calix realize something. That his life would not be as enjoyable as before without Rosenia.

When he heard that the factory's underground passage had collapsed and that she was trapped there, he regretted not realizing his feelings sooner.

Calix said calmly.

"I plan to marry her."

"You're crazy."

Rexed scolded coldly.

"Calm down, Calix. I don't seem to understand what you're saying right now....." 

"No. I'm more normal than ever. I don't think I've ever been as clear as I am now."

"Do you think I will allow you to marry Pierre?"

"My marriage is approved by His Majesty the Emperor, not decided by you."

"Ha!"

Rexed let out a laugh as if he was shocked.

"It's getting more and more embarrassing."

Rexed felt extremely betrayed.

Calix is a close friend who stood by him and sympathized with him when he told him about what he had experienced.

But that close friend is saying that he wants to marry the person who was the cause of hia stress. This cannot happen unless people change in an instant.

"Okay. You can't do that."

"What?"

"Are you sick right now?"

For example, a place like the brain.

No matter how much Rexed thinks about it, he cannot come to this conclusion with a sane mind.

It was time for Rexed to seriously glare at Calix's head.

"Who does my gold marry anyway?"

Icarus spoke in a humming tone.

It seemed as if he was singing, but the tone was somber.

Rexed and Calix frowned at the same time.

It refers to that gold.

Didn't he say this before?

"Could it be for Pierre's sake to ask for permission to develop Dostic again?"

"As expected, you have met Lady Rosenia separately."

The two people opened their mouths simultaneously and then turned to each other.

What does this mean again?

But one thing was certain.

Unbeknownst to Rexed, Rosenia was forming relationships with both Calix and Icarus.

"Are you putting on some kind of play as a group without me?"

In the end, Rexed got angry.

"I will investigate this myself. Icarus. Go back to the magic tower immediately and wait there without moving. No, no. Please remain in the imperial palace. I have a question to ask about the 'magic' in that basement."

"Our Highness is very angry. Seeing as you don't even call me Master."

"I'm not in the mood to joke around right now. And you, Calix."

Rexed suddenly got up and approached Calix.

He pressed his fingers to his chest and scolded him.

"Don't even think about approaching Pierre. Keep in mind that she is currently in the imperial palace."

"Are you really planning on interrogating her?"

"If I need."

"This collapse has nothing to do with Lady Rosenia. And the Dostic thing is my fault for deceiving you. So punish me instead and let her go."

"You really should stop before I order the palace doctor to examine your head."

Rexed gritted his teeth.

Listening to Calix's crazy words is now too much of a limit today.

It was a clear warning.

***

That embarrassing feeling you get when you open your eyes and see an unknown ceiling.

"Are you awake?"

A middle-aged woman wearing a green dress approached me. The solemn atmosphere was unusual.

What happened?

I groaned and tried to get up.

"You don't have to get up."

Then she laid me back on the bed.

Although it was burdensome, I laid down quietly because my body was not strong and the other person's eyes were scary. After clearing my throat a few times due to a sore throat, I asked her carefully.

"I'm sorry, but who are you? Where are we?"

"My name is Janice Atwood. And this is Hyacinth Palace."

Embarrassment turned into fear.

Why am I lying in the imperial palace? And at the Crown Prince's palace?

Janice Atwood was even the name of Rexard and Penelope's nanny.

That's right, Rexed!

"Your Highness the Crown Prince, is he okay?"

"If you are asking about the accident, then yes, Your Highness's physical condition is fine."

"Thank God...."

I was averted from the charge of assassinating the royal family.

I avoided seeing the ending of being guillotined without being able to do anything.

It was the right choice to place the tears of the World Tree on him.

"But the Young Lady is not like that."

Suddenly, a cold towel touched my forehead.

"After suffering from a high fever, it finally went down last night and you just came to your senses. I will bring you something to eat so you can take your medicine, so please lie down quietly until then."

"I.... How many days have I been lying here?"

"It's two days."

"Why was I sick? Was it poison too?"

"Let me explain that."

The closed door suddenly opened and Icarus appeared.

Why is Icarus here?

Even behind him was Rexed with a stern expression.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments