TVTLQ - Chapter 70

TVTLQ - Chapter 70

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was excited to see Icarus sitting in my office, which of course should be empty.

I had just returned from touring the Dostic construction site with Mr. Dominic. There was still more to organize, so I decided to go back to the top and finish it.

"How?"

How on earth did you get in? Annie didn't tell me there was someone waiting for me?

Ah, space movement magic.

I glared at the robber who was freely occupying the unclaimed room.

"Go back now."

"I came to play and got kicked out right away?"

"Usually people call people who come to visit without being invited an uninvited guest."

Although I said it intentionally in a harsh manner, Icarus didn't seem to be affected much. That goby clearly has the ability to choose and listen to only the stories he wants to hear.

At that time, I heard someone walking up the stairs behind me. This is Mr. Dominic.

I didn't want to show Mr. Dominic to Icarus. Because I really didn't want that crazy guy to know the people around me.

I grabbed Icarus by the hem of his clothes and forced him up.

"Come back quickly. Come on."

"I didn't kick you out even if you came to me without contacting me, but that's too much."

"That..! But not now. I'm working. Playing is next...."

"Vice President? Do you have any guests?"

Mr. Dominic's voice was heard right away.

I need to get rid of this right away. I took a quick look around my office. Then I pushed Icarus, who had no intention of going back, into the closet.

"Please disappear just as you came. Don't leave anything behind."

The door opened at the same time I closed the closet door. I greeted Mr. Dominic with a briefcase warmly.

"It was heavy! Thank you for your hard work."

"No. But wasn't there a guest?"

"Yes? A guest. No?"

"I thought I heard something..."

I was sweating profusely. I laughed exaggeratedly.

"Haha, the upper building is old and the soundproofing is not good. I think you mistook the sound for a sound coming from another room."

"Well, the building is a bit old." 

Fortunately, Dominic seemed to agree with what I said.

I'm shaking, really.

Dominic seemed to be planning to finish right away and started laying out documents on the wide table. I watched him from a step behind and glanced at the closet at the same time.

Is Icarus leaving?

But then, the closet door opened and a hand came out.

Bang-!

“Vice President?”

"Ha ha ha. Because the wind blew."

I quickly ran to the closet and closed the closet door with my whole body. A sobbing voice came out from inside as if he had hit the back of his hand, but it was none of my business.

I guess it won't work.

"Well, how about you get off work now?"

I need to get Dominic out of here first.

"Yes? But didn't we decide to finish it together today?"

"Well, yes. But I can do it."

"I will help you. It will end faster if we do it together."

"No!"

I raised my voice. Dominic blinked in surprise.

"I'll do it alone. Now that I think about it, I think I asked for too much. It was originally a contract that only provided advice on investment matters."

"... That's true."

"I will do these chores. I think you can leave work today. Okay then, goodbye."

I immediately sent Dominic out of the office. If we do it together, it will end quickly. There are no other good employees like him.

I wiped the tears from my heart and opened the closet door.

"Hmm, who is it? What about that man?"

Icarus, who was leaning against a narrow closet, asked ironically. I clearly told him to go back, but he didn't even listen to what I said.

Seeing his carefree attitude made me angry.

I said coldly.

"You don't need to know."

"Why?"

"You don't need to know the reason."

"Aha, let's do a riddle. If I find out that man's identity, I win, right?"

"Why does the conversation flow like that?"

I gritted my teeth and thought hard. I wanted to quickly kick Icarus out of my space.

At that moment, a good idea occurred to me. Great idea to find what I need and get rid of Icarus.

"The place I went last time."

When I brought up a new topic first, Icarus' eyes sparkled and he showed interest.

"Huh? Why? Do you want to go again?"

Am I crazy enough to go there again?

I said with a grin.

"No. That's not it, I met someone who recognized my face that day."

"Okay?"

"She used to work at Pierre's upper level, but she was going in and out of such dangerous places. I'm worried about her, but I don't know her whereabouts. Can you find her for me?"

"Are you asking me a favor?" 

"This time too, if there is a need for compensation, that's fine."

Recalling the hardships I suffered from him, I walked away with a straight face.

Then Icarus giggled and laughed.

"Good. I'll just find her for you this time."

"Really?"

"Huh. Really."

"You're not going to change your words midway, are you?"

"I thought about it before, but I think Young Lady has a lot of doubts. Should I at least swear?"

"You don't even have to swear."

And to be honest, that oath is somehow suspicious.

"Anyway, who is that person?"

When he accepted, I explained Margaret to Icarus.

After hearing my explanation, Icarus seemed interested in finding people and quickly left.

In the room left alone, I sat down on a chair.

"Phew."

It should have been like this a long time ago.

I feel relieved that Icarus is gone. Now at least he won't come looking for me until he finds Margaret, right?

"...For some reason, I want to support Margaret."

It occurred to me that if I could keep him away, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Margaret to be out of sight for a long time.

***

There are moments when a person is immersed in something and suddenly comes to their senses.

For Calix, that was now.

After being cursed by Rosenia, Calix realized something. Even though he was crazy, he was still crazy for a long time.

He has been working very hard these days. He worked hard, but it was all for Pierre.

There is a company run by his family, but he has not even looked into it properly. Of course, a huge business that had been raised for generations was not going to fall just because the owner was away for a few days.

However, it was also a clear fact that he failed to fulfill his duty as the owner of the company.

“Ha.”

Calix, who returned to the mansion, sighed and tilted his neck back. A huge sense of skepticism washed over him like a flood.

It was absurd that he had worked so hard for the success of his rival. Pierre merchant, and at the same time, it was dizzying to know that there was no coercion from anyone.

He voluntarily worked for Pierre Upper.

Only because he hopes that 'Dominic' becomes an irreplaceable figure for Rosenia.

But that excessive desire.

"It was originally a contract that only provided advice on investment matters."

The moment he met Rosenia's slightly uncomfortable expression, he broke down. 

The next day after spending a night suffering from self-destruction. 

"You don't know how happy I am, Dominic, that the Duke is not going out today."

His aide Dominic shed tears of emotion as he assisted Calix as he sat at his desk for the first time in a long time. Until now, when Calix was away, his assistant Dominic had to take care of the situation. Now he can finally have some time to catch his breath.

Dominic had a smile on his face.

"Are you sure you're not going out today? You have to promise me. I will not move from my seat until all the payment papers piled up here are processed."

Dominic quickly shut his mouth. Calix glanced at him disapprovingly.

He's only going to say the first verse, but he's sure he'll earn a lot like this. 

For the first time in a long time, he focused on his main job. Numerous issues passed through his fingertips. Although it was very fast, there was no shortage of work to be done.

It was when he was halfway through the mountain of documents.

"Report of detection of danger signal at Pontry Mine?"

He read the title of the document aloud.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments