TVTLQ- Chapter 69

TVTLQ- Chapter 69

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


I barely escaped their hands and ran straight toward the stairs. The robe the man grabbed fell to the floor.

"Never miss her!"

“Icarus...!”

It was time to call him out loud in an emergency situation.

At that moment, the wind blew and someone was thrown from behind.

"Did you have fun playing?"

Before I knew it, Icarus had come down and was standing right in front of me. A strange look appeared in his eyes as he looked at the situation.

"What are you again?! Wow!"

A man holding a dagger ran towards us, but he seemed to be blocked by something and was thrown back.

Only then did the onlookers realize that it was magic and shouted.

"You're a wizard!"

"Why are you bastards here?"

Although the status of wizards has changed a lot, there are still many people in the world who despise or fear them.

Hesitantly, the people got up from their seats and each took out their tools. At the same time, a sound rang from the stairs.

"It's an assassination! The captain has been defeated!"

"How dare....! He couldn't have gone far! Find him quickly!"

"What on earth are you doing up there?!"

When I was surprised and asked him, he smiled and picked me up.

"Now, wait! What?! Put me down!"

"Stay still."

A strong forearm held my leg tightly. Then he suddenly asked me a question.

"What did I say you had to do to stimulate your mana?"

"I just need to be exposed to the magic of someone with stronger mana than me..."

"Okay. So, I said earlier that if you follow me, good things will happen."

Boom, a dagger thrown by someone exploded close by. Startled, I hugged his neck.

"Do you think we'll have to use magic to get out of here safely?" 

Icarus smiled heartily and clenched and unclenched his fists. Magic flows from his fingertips. In that moment, my worst imagination unfolded.

Oh no. I hope my imagination ends in imagination.

"You should thank me."

But the world betrayed me.

With those words, Icarus jumped into the crowd while holding me. 

"You crazy human being!"

I let out a silent scream.

Icarus, who took part in the melee while holding me, first attacked those who were running towards him. Because of the magic, the bracelet on my wrist changed color every moment.

At the same time, a sword passed over my head and a bullet hit the spot where we were. 

I saw Margaret running away, but I had no time to pay attention. Rather, I was more worried about whether I would be able to get out of here safely!

How on earth did Estelle tame this crazy guy?

Oh right. It was actually a novel. It really is a shitty world.

“Ahahahaha!”

He smiled brightly. The people who realized that Icarus was the culprit who killed their Ieader launched a joint attack.

“Die!”

All kinds of blades flew out.

As soon as I sensed danger, my vision began to shake. Before I knew it, I had moved under the table right behind me.

Icarus moved only me to this place using space movement magic.

"Sigh."

I crouched under the table and held my breath.

If I get caught, I die.

My heart was beating crazy fast. And after a while.

"Golden."

“Aaaah!”

"You waited, right?"

Icarus returned, smiling like a devil and holding out his hand to me. Liquid as red as his hair dripped. I bet with my life that that isn't Icarus' blood.

I shouted with all my heart.

"Stop, going back now!"

"Kill him quickly! Kill him!"

Angry voices erupted from everywhere. The survivors were rushing towards us like wild boars.

It's right in front of us now.

I grabbed Icarus's forearm.

"Let's go back quickly!" 

And finally, he nodded. 

Before I knew it, we were back in Icarus' room. I collapsed and sat down on the floor. I was gasping for breath when my wrist was suddenly grabbed.

"You've become completely transparent?"

I slapped his hand away.

He got up from his seat and stepped back.

Crazy guy.

Even if you turn around, you still turn around. 

I was able to escape safely with space movement magic. 

He caused such a commotion on purpose. He wanted to create an environment where I had no choice but to use magic and fill this bracelet with my mana.

I really didn't want to deal with him anymore.

I said firmly.

"Give me the tears of the World Tree first."

"Hmm, are you upset?"

He slowly approached me. There was already a wall behind me, so I had nowhere to retreat.

I, completely trapped met between the wall and his body. He tilted his head and whispered.

"I had fun. How about coming to the Magic Tower sometime? Come play with me. I'll give you whatever you want."

"No, I do not want."

I flatly refused, but Icarus laughed out loud as if it didn't matter. At that moment, something cold touched the back of my neck. I reflexively closed my eyes.

Click.

"What are you doing?"

A laughing voice was heard.

I was a little embarrassed and slowly opened my eyes. The first thing that caught my eye was the turquoise-colored object hanging around my neck.

"Tears of the World Tree...!"

I was startled and held onto the tears of the World Tree.

When I raised my head, Icarus made eye contact and smiled mischievously.

"It's pretty."

My heart was beating fast.

The tears of the World Tree were hanging on my neck.

I finally got my hands on this.

***

After receiving the tears of the World Tree from Icarus, I immediately returned to the top.

"I have urgent business to attend to, so don't let anyone in."

I prayed to Annie and locked the office door. After closing the curtains on the window and blocking everyone's gaze, just in case, I carefully took out the World Tree's tears.

A light green magic stone that appears turquoise at first glance.

"These are the true tears of the World Tree..."

Just looking at the items that were obtained with great difficulty was brilliant. Now all I have to do is deliver this to Princess Penelope and my role is over.

"I need to request an audience tomorrow... Oh right."

The Princess is not in the palace right now. She was currently a bride about to get married and had gone to the temple to perform a purification ceremony.

I frowned.

Since it was something I obtained with great difficulty, I wanted to hand it over to the other person as quickly as possible. It is also disturbing that in the original work, Rosenia discovered this magic stone and fell. I was also worried that I might lose it.

I looked at the safe on one side of my office for a moment and then shook my head. The general safe was unstable. Moreover, I couldn't just roll the valuable items I had managed to get anywhere.

"It would be best if I carried it myself."

I sighed and hung the necklace around my neck. I hid it deep inside my clothes and buttoned it tightly. 

Since the magic stone was not large, it was not noticeable from the outside. The unexpected benefit was that as soon as I put the necklace on, the fatigue weighing on my whole body disappeared.

Is this a fatigue reliever?

"Ha, I guess I got caught up in something more pointless than that."

I took a deep breath and shivered as I remembered what had happened just a few hours ago.

Under the circumstances, it seemed like Icarus had assassinated the leader of the place. And then I swept through the entire building with him and disappeared.

I didn't wonder who he assassinated and why he did it. Because I didn't want to know or get deeply involved in the male leads' circumstances.

But the fact that I got involved in their situation was another matter.

"I have to find Margaret." 

She knows of my existence. As Icarus wreaked havoc on the building, Margaret hurriedly fled the scene. If Margaret even mentioned my name to the survivors, things would get complicated.

Of course, there is no actual evidence left that I was with Icarus there.

"It would be better to check it in advance." 

The existence of the knight who accompanied her was also suspicious.

"Annie, come in."

I called Annie, waiting outside the room, and instructed her to inquire about Margaret's whereabouts.

"I don't care how much it costs, so find her as quickly and secretly as possible."

"Yes."

If I use the information guild like I did when looking for Viktor Cherba, it won't take long.

After finishing the instructions, I sat down and crossed my eyebrows. Why on earth do I have to do all this cleaning up?

This is all because of Icarus, who made me an accomplice. But now that I have the tears of the World Tree, I won't have to run into Icarus, right?

I definitely thought so.

"Golden, hello."

The next day, as I looked at Icarus sitting in my office, I realized that something was really wrong.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments