TVTLQ- Chapter68

TVTLQ- Chapter 68

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Icarus from the original I remember was a very free-spirited person. Like the passing wind and flowing water, he lived freely.

Then he meets his mistress, Estelle, and for the first time, he becomes obsessed with something and wants to settle down.

'Okay. I'm not a female lead, so it's natural for him not to be obsessed.'

But that doesn't mean you threw me into this strange place and hoped I would disappear! I was currently on the first floor of a building.

It was being used as a pub, but he left me there and went upstairs alone.

"I'm having fun."

I left behind a ridiculous remark and a glass of sour-smelling beer that I ordered from the bartender. However, if you ask whether this is a normal pub, it is not.

"Hey, have you received any requests lately?"

"Hmm, there is one kidnapping case."

"That's my specialty! My nickname is Winged Feet! It moves in the blink of an eye."

"Aha, like your shiny hair?"

"Does this bastard want to die?"

The words being heard were unusual, and shouting came from all over the place as if a fight was about to occur. It wasn't that I felt uncomfortable for no reason.

I sat down at the bar seat closest to the stairs going up to the second floor and pulled my robe deeper. In any case, I couldn't move recklessly until Icarus came back, so I had to be as careful as possible.

'But seeing as he listened to my request on his way out, I think Icarus also needs my mana quickly.'

What on earth is Icarus trying to do with my mana?

In the original work, Icarus never coveted Rosenia's mana. There has never been a story about Rosenia having magic resistance.

Given the novel's setting, the conflict he experienced was simple. In order to rebuild the collapsed magic tower, he had to join hands with the current power, and to do this, he became the Emperor's servant.

However, being a free person by nature, he always wanted to get out of the relationship. After meeting Estelle, he felt like he had fallen in love with her and moved on.

Usually, when he researches something, it has one of two purposes. It is necessary because the subject of research is good. Or maybe it's not a good thing and he needs to prepare for it.

'Icarus is a wizard himself, so he needs the power to resist magic.'

So is he conducting research to prepare for the power to resist magic?

Why?

Cling.

At that moment, the sudden sound of a bell woke me up from my thoughts. I unconsciously turned my head towards the sound and was startled. 

'Margaret?'

Margaret, who had once been my secretary and who I had fired along with Nathaniel and Joseph, was coming into the building.

She was the person assigned to watch over me, and she was a bad employee who was playing with fire with two men at the top, so I didn't pay much attention to her after firing her. After that, I thought I might have gotten a job somewhere else. But I never thought I would see her in a place like this.

She was with some guy. The other person was covered in a robe like me, so I couldn't see his face at all.

Margaret smiled, crossing her arms around the other person.

"Honey, shall we have a drink?"

I suppressed a laugh at the nasal voice. I don't know who the other person is, but in any case, Margaret seems to be leading a consistent life.

It was just as I was about to lose interest in the unremarkable sight. 

"...... ?"

I thought I saw something strange, so I turned my head again. The man just moved his arm to take out his money bag. At the same time, the robe shook slightly, allowing me to see the sword hanging on his waist.

A sword with a striking blue scabbard.

'That's a mark only used by knights of the Duke of Montrose.'

Recently, there has been a trend among knights to unify the sword sheath like a knight's uniform. It is said that the purpose was to give knights of the same family a sense of belonging, but it actually started out as a way to brag. Because a knight from a prestigious family is respected by others.

But why are the Dukes, and even the Knights of Montrose, coming and going in places like this?

A respected knight would be embarrassed to even come to a place like this, right?

I felt ominous for no reason. It was even more so because the other person was Margaret, whom I kicked out.

While thinking about it, I slowly lifted my butt. Since the seat next to me was empty, I decided to move a little and eavesdrop on their conversation. It would be better to check the face as well.

Fortunately, the surroundings were very noisy, so no one paid attention to my movements.

"So.... Bring it... To you..." 

Every time the man said something, Margaret nodded enthusiastically. It seemed like they were saying something important, but the surroundings were so noisy that I couldn't hear anything.

After thinking about it, I moved one more space to the side. It was then.

"!"

Suddenly, the man started leaving alone. At the same time, Margaret came towards me. As if she recognized me.

I tried to get up quickly, but the other person was faster than pulling my hood over me.

"Oh, what's going on?"

"... Margaret."

"I can see all the good-looking Young Ladies here. No, should I now call you the Vice-Leader of the Pierre Merchant?"

Margaret laughed. The gaze towards me was full of hostility.

Meanwhile, the man had already disappeared.

Oops, I missed it.

I clicked my tongue and slapped her hand away.

"Long time no see. It looks like you're glad to see me. If you're at the bar, why don't we have a drink?"

"I tried to do that. Until you tried to eavesdrop on my conversation."

She looked me up and down.

"Are you alone?"

"You know what to do."

"What a naive Young Lady. This is not Pierre's upper level. Have you ever thought that it might be dangerous to come to a place like this alone?"

"Are you trying to use violence?"

"It's nothing difficult."

"So you instigated me to loosen the screws on the chandelier at the top?"

"A chandelier?"

Margaret responded harshly.

Looking at her expression, it seemed like she had no idea. I asked just in case, but no.

"Because of you, I lost my future."

Margaret scolded venomously.

"If it weren't for you, I would have gotten married and lived happily ever after."

"Marriage? With who? With Joseph?"

"Of course it's Nathaniel!"

Margaret screamed. It was so loud that everyone around them was staring.

I frowned.

"You were planning on marrying Nathaniel after being stuck with both Joseph and Nathaniel?"

"Joseph was just a tool to make Nathaniel jealous!"

It added banality to banality. I said harshly.

"Do you think Nathaniel only has eyes for you? There are dozens of women he has played with and thrown away. I thought you knew that much."

"Well, those women were all just a joke, and I was real love."

"Tsk. You weren't at the level where you could come to my senses after getting fired. I was thinking this from the beginning."

I glanced at Margaret as if she were pitiful. Margaret's face turned bright red.

"Do you think you can insult me like this and get away with it?" 

Margaret clicked her fingers. Then, several of the large men sitting around slowly stood up.

Damn, were they on the same side? 

I glanced behind me. The stairs leading up to the second floor were still quiet.

Margaret chuckled.

"There is no one here who can help you."

"Well? Probably not. You'll be surprised when you find out who I'm with."

I continued talking with the intention of wasting time. It was a bonus to sneak back.

Margaret sneered.

"Who? Did you bring your family's knights with you? But you know what? I am stronger than them." 

"You lack creativity. Well, you're thinking of provoking Nathaniel by dating Joseph."

"Shut your mouth."

"Let's speak nicely. Before you regret it."

"You're the one who regrets it, Young Ladyy! Today the daughter of a famous Marquis will suffer dishonor in a place frequented only by scum. Haha, that sounds fun."

Margaret, who was laughing, suddenly turned cold.

"Get her now!"

At the same time, she shouted, the men who were wandering around rushed towards me.


A New Series, I Ended Up Living Next Door With My Ex-Husband has been added today! You can check it here!


Previous         Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment