TVTLQ - Chapter 48

TVTLQ - Chapter 48

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


"Hello, Duke."

Her graceful greeting looked like a single rose. A red rose that resembles her name.

Calix slowly raised the corners of his mouth. Also, it's the exact opposite of the style she usually wears, but he thought it would look good on her.

He felt like it was worth thinking about for a long time about what design would be good. The sight of his partner decked out from head to toe with things he gave them as a gift, yes. Calix was very satisfied.

She is his, so he feels like he has marked the area not to go over it.

Heart pounding, Calix didn't even notice the small sound of his heart beating.

***

Damn it, I got caught.

Is this really because he is the male protagonist? 

From the moment Calix appeared, the atmosphere in the banquet hall seemed unusual. As soon as I confirmed he was there, I tried to jump out.

Why did you come to me and pretend to know me?

I had no choice but to say hello and felt like I was sitting on a thorn cushion. Calix was uncomfortable. I also remember that I suspected Dominic of being Calix and did all kinds of things.

Anyway, he wasn't someone I really wanted to meet. 

His eyes searched me thoroughly. He looked exactly like a student head teacher checking the attire of delinquent students.

I covered my mouth with a fan. This is because I had to cover my quivering mouth.

What is it?

Why are you looking me up and down?

Just as I was about to feel bad, Calix raised his eyebrows as if he was satisfied. Seeing that definitely put me in a bad mood.

As expected, the male leads and I have a negative influence on each other just by being in the same place. I need to leave. 

"Your Majesty, the Sun Emperor of the Empire, is entering!"

As the Emperor and Crown Prince entered, the surroundings became noisy.

I spoke without missing the opportunity.

"I'm sorry, but I think I need to go see my father."

Then I quickly left without looking back. Since I never wanted to have anything to do with Calix, I deliberately stayed further away.

I felt like his eyes were following me, but I ignored them.

"Where have you been, Rose? You found it, didn't you?"

"Sorry."

I stood right next to my father. I was planning on holding out here for a little while, and then when the dance started, I would go to a place like the powder room and stay there.

Since I came early anyway, I met most of the people I needed to say hello to. The only people left were high-ranking figures like Calix and Rexed, but they were the main characters of this novel to begin with, so there was no need for me to approach them.

"The event is starting." 

Please finish quickly. Let me run away.

A boring speech followed that made me fall asleep just listening to it. What about the empire, what about when you were young?

Most of it was just the Emperor's boasting and nothing important to say, so it was heard in one ear and passed through the other. 

Instead, I rolled my eyes and looked for the Duke of Montrose. The Duke, who was standing nervously on one side of the banquet hall, kept checking his pocket watch. 

As expected, he is not with the female lead. It's just like the original. 

'Now it's time to come....' 

The female protagonist, who was unique from birth, is late on an important day like today. She walked confidently through the front door, grabbing everyone's attention.

She seemed completely unaware that it was a mistake. It's a device for the heroine's dramatic appearance, but since her beauty is plausible, she flows without any problems.

'I will see Estelle for the first time today.'

To be honest, I was a little curious about her. Estelle is the main character of this world.

But that's it.

Whether it was the female or male leads, I had no desire to become acquainted with them or become deeply entangled with them.

My heart was always the same, like a pine tree that is green all year round. I will live well on my own, so you can support and stir-fry among yourselves and live happily ever after!

While I was just thinking about something else, the banquet hall suddenly buzzed.

The Emperor stopped talking, and the Crown Prince got up from his chair.

At that moment, I instinctively realized it. 

Estelle is here.

I slowly lifted my heel. And the moment I saw where people's eyes were directed, I was truly amazed.

A living fairy was here.

For a moment, I felt like I was in the forest. I wondered why the male protagonists were so hung up on the female protagonists, but Estelle's beauty was the reason.

Her beauty convinced the world. They will have no choice but to covet her.

"Oh, oh."

"Oh my God." 

Exclamations of exclamation erupted from everywhere. Estelle seemed a little embarrassed as so many people were only looking at her. Her delicate body trembled pitifully.

At that time, someone appeared to save her.

"Princess, will you allow me to have your first dance?"

It was Prince Rexed.

As if it had been decided that way from the beginning, the orchestra began to play in a flowing manner.

Rexed, who was leading Estelle, began to dance with her very naturally. People looked at them without missing a beat.

In the midst of this, Calix may also be feeling jealous without even realizing his own feelings.

'....I'm a little curious what kind of face he looks like.'

I looked around the banquet hall looking for Calix. Then, when I found him, I lowered my head in surprise.

Well, what is it?

Why are you looking at me? 

He was definitely looking at me. With a very disapproving face. For a moment, I got goosebumps.

I had no idea how long he had been looking at me. The male leads were jealous and naive, and I wanted to avoid the place.

Yes, now is the perfect opportunity as people's attention is focused on Estelle and Rexed.

"Father, I'm going to go to the powder room for a moment." 

As I spoke as if giving notice, I quietly fell back. Everyone was mesmerized by Estelle and Rexed's dance, so I had to try not to bump into them.

I barely made it to the outside leading to the powder room, but someone blocked my path.

"Hi?"

I raised my head. A man I had never seen before was in front of me.

Hair as dark as red wine swayed. The man spoke, gently rolling his languid eyes.

"We're spherical, right?"

Who are you?

I looked back on Rosenia's memories and my memories after my possession, but the man in front of me was someone I did not know.

Judging by his sturdy body, is he a knight?

When I didn't answer, the other person took a step closer to me. Without realizing it, I took a step back. I don't know who the other person is, but I don't feel very good.

For some reason, I don't think I should get involved.

"I do not know. I'm busy so please stop."

I tried to avoid him and pass by. But as I moved to the right, the man also followed me and moved in the same way. When I turned to the left, it was the same again. Finally, I looked straight at him and said,

"I want you to move out of the way so I can pass."

"Why are you pretending not to know?"

"...... Sorry, but who are you? I think this is my first time seeing you."

"Ouch, ouch. The wound hurts."

Suddenly he rubbed the corner of his mouth with his fingertip. Now I see that the corner of the other person's mouth is slightly torn.

But why on earth would you do that to me? 

"I guess you don't remember."

So what on earth.

"You broke into my house, hit me, and ran away." 

Is he crazy?

I thought so to myself.

Until the sight of his red hair swaying in the sky and the green hair tie that tied it brought out memory from my subconscious.

".....!"

"I guess you remember now?"

No way.

I looked at him in disbelief. He smiled, wrinkling the corners of his eyes. 

"Why did you come there?"

Oh my, that's right.

"You've got the wrong person."

First, I took it apart and looked at it. If my guess was correct, the person in front of me was the ghost I encountered in the abandoned factory.

"You came to my house."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Hmm, was I wrong? But it's not easy to see this striking blonde hair."

Oh my, damn it. 

From now on, should I dye my hair every time I sneak out?

No, rather, it's an abandoned factory. Why do you keep claiming it's your house?

With my mind racing, I decided to leave this place first. At that time, the man stretched out his hand to grab me.

"Where are you going? Answer my question..."

"Stop it, Icarus."

At the same time, Calix came closer and grabbed the man's wrist


Previous            Next

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments