TVTLQ - Chapter 49

TVTLQ - Chapter 49

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



He was breathing heavily as if he had jumped. 

"Don't make a fuss."

"Oh, it's the Duke. Did you use the gift I gave you well?"

"Yes, very much."

What did Calix say just now? Icarus? The third male lead in the original work?

And then I realized. The sound of music that filled the banquet hall had already ended.

When I came to my senses, I realized that everyone was watching this place.

Even Estelle and Reexd danced in admiration from everyone.

'Is this a dream? I feel like I'm being hunted.'

But then, I heard someone whispering.

"After all, the flowers of the social world are flowers."

"It's your return after almost a year... You're still amazing."

No! What are you talking about!

The role I play in this world is, was there ever a kid like that?'

The world was forcibly punishing me. There was no explanation other than that.

I felt like I could finally understand what it felt like to want to faint.

***

What role was Rosenia Pierre in the original work?

Rosenia was a stereotypical villain who was blinded by jealousy and harassed the female protagonist. In the end, she is killed by the male leads who love the female lead and is sent out.

However, no matter how flat a villain she was, she was a character who stood in opposition to the heroine. In other words, it means that Rosenia had a setting that could create a competitive structure with the female protagonist.

Yes. I was being looked down on.

What will be the impact when Rosenia reappears in the social world?

"These are letters addressed to the Vice President this morning." 

Annie handed me a basket full of letters as I went to work at the top. I had blurry eyes.

What on earth is this? 

It was only three days since I attended the banquet. But I was currently swimming in a flood of letters. Even now, letters are arriving not only at Pierre Mansion but also at the top.

The amount seems to be much more than yesterday. 

"We categorized them by type. I think you just need to check the contents."

"Okay..."

The contents of the letters varied. A letter promoting friendship, a letter showing curiosity about Pierre's current business, a letter inviting me to a tea party or banquet, etc.

This all happened after I filmed a ridiculous three-way match at the Banquet.

"Okay." 

I pressed the area between my eyebrows because my bone hurt. It was good to open a blocked waterway. Anyway, I had to return to the social world someday, and I also needed to build connections for work at the top.

That's probably why I asked my father to introduce me to people. But this has impure intentions.

It was clear why people wanted to invite me. Rosenia was once called the most beautiful flower in the social world, although she briefly left the social world under the pretext of illness.

With Rosenia at the forefront, they want to create a group to watch out for Estelle, who may have come from nowhere. It's as if a competitive structure was created in the original work.

But that competitive structure, can't I just leave it out?

I had no desire to compete with Estelle.

Male leads?

I hope Estelle takes them all.

It would be great if the female lead lived with everyone. 

To begin with, they are the male Ieads of impoverished romance novels. They were beings that should not, have been released into the world.

The only person who can control them is the female lead.

"Whoa."

First, let's filter out invitations appropriately. The criterion was whether I was a person who would help grow the top or not.

Since most of the letters did not meet the criteria, it was not difficult to classify them. But I quickly stopped.

It was because I suddenly remembered what happened at the Banquet that day.

"I'm sorry, but I'll go on my way."

When everyone's attention was focused on me, I almost convulsed and tried to get away from them. If I stayed like that, I felt like I would be swept up in the development of the original story against my will.

I turned around as naturally as possible with an indifferent face, but Calix blocked that path.

"The banquet is just beginning, Lady."

The person who contributed greatly to my leaving the banquet hall spoke well.

"The next song will be played, so shouldn't you dance to one song?"

Why are you asking me that?

Are you really inviting me to dance with you?

No way??

"I feel sick and I think I need to leave."

I made an excuse because I wanted to get away as quickly as possible. In fact, I was feeling sick from the unwelcome attention.

Calix hesitated as if it showed on his face.

I tried to walk past him. But then Icarus came closer to me. He leaned close to me and whispered in my ear in a very low voice.

"Come visit me at the Magic Tower."

And then he smiled and walked away as if that was all he had to say.

"Phew."

I sighed and covered my eyes with my hands.

Magic tower Lord, Icarus. One of the male leads of the original work. He was a wizard who revived the reputation of the Magic Tower with his genius talent.

In the original work, he was portrayed as a psycho with a dual personality, who had an unfortunate past due to the previous Emperor's persecution of magicians.

Of course, like any other romance novel, he almost gets rehabilitated by being influenced by the heroine's kind and warm heart.

Yes. What we need to focus on here is that he was 'almost' rehabilitated.

In reality, he can't be rehabilitated!

Why? Because this was an impoverished novel!

However, I ended up becoming entangled with that man. Even from an abandoned factory.

Originally, when Rosenia was looking for the tears of the World Tree, no one interfered. I'm so angry because I feel so wronged

After Calix goes, Icarus comes next.

The shitty world was fucking me.

But at the same time, I remembered hitting something in the basement and running away. I also remembered the small wound left on the corner of Icarus' mouth.

The tears of the World Tree, which I had to obtain, also flickered before my eyes.

And as a result I...

***

"Come on."

Icarus smiled and welcomed me when I came to the magic tower on my own.

From arriving at the Magic Tower to meeting Icarus, everything went smoothly. Icarus seemed certain that it wouldn't be long before I came to see him.

Before I could even say his name, someone who appeared to be an apprentice wizard led me to his room. 

As soon as I first entered his room, what I felt was the unique scent that filled the room. It smelled like burned wet grass blades, but it also smelled like tobacco or medicinal herbs.

"Sit comfortably."

Icarus clicked his fingers together and made a clicking sound. Then suddenly a wind blew and my body was swept away. I suddenly sat down in the chair and blinked.

What was that just now? Magic?

I was quite surprised by this unscientific phenomenon I was experiencing for the first time. My heart was pounding, but I tried to act resolutely. 

"Thank you. You deliberately made me sit down. That's really kind of you."

"You're welcome."

"... But what is all this?"

The table that had been pulled by magic was filled with numerous desserts and drinks. Could it be that you prepared for a guest to come?

"I didn't know what you would like, so I prepared everything."

It's true.

I looked a little surprised. This was because I remembered that Icarus was not such a delicate person.

But you probably didn't do anything suspicious here, right?

"I didn't do anything strange, so there's no need to be cautious."

"... I will eat well."

Only then did I pick up the fork. I didn't really want to eat it, but the other person was sincere.

I quietly observed the other person while eating the dessert he prepared.

'He's definitely one of the male leads.'

His appearance clearly speaks for itself. Icarus was a slightly different type of man than the male leads I had encountered so far.

First of all, he was the oldest among the male leads. Due to the influence of magic, he looked like he was in his early twenties on the outside, but he was actually much older on the inside.

Maybe that's why the bright smile on his face wasn't as refreshing.

In fact, he was also a quite cruel character in the original work. There was not a single sparkling light to be found in the dull, dark purple eyes.

When the corners of the eyes are lowered, it usually looks docile, but Icarus actually looks more dangerous. Plus, the red hair that really catches people's attention.

So, to summarize.

'He's handsome, but he's dark.'

I also don't want to get closer.


Previous            Next

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments