TVTLQ - Chapter 47

 TVTLQ - Chapter 47

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



No matter how pretty I dressed up, I couldn't surpass Estelle. She was, by all accounts, the most beautiful and lovely woman in the world.

Even if I took a moment to look at this red dress I was wearing, it was obvious that my attention would be taken away as if I was mesmerized the moment Estelle appeared.

Although I had no intention of surpassing Estelle in the first place.

I shook my head lightly to shake off my thoughts and went down to the first floor, where my father was waiting.

"Oh, Rose. You're really pretty."

When my father saw me, his eyes widened and he was amazed. He even applauded.

I actually hesitated at my father's passionate response.

'Is it too flashy as expected?'

There is no need for people to notice it. 

The dress I originally prepared was simpler than the one I am wearing now. But since it was a dress that Dominic gave me as a gift, I really wanted to wear it.

Yes, I already wore it, but it was too late to change.

"Thank you, father. Father looks great today too."

I decided to shamelessly go out.

It will be okay because there is the invincible Estelle who defies all odds with her beauty. Maybe...! 

"I wish Nathaniel could have gone with us. In a place like this, he has to make a mark. He can also meet people who will be helpful when working at the top." 

As was my father's habit, he looked for Nathaniel.

It seemed like he was bothered by Nathaniel's absence at such an important event. Normally, I would comfort my father, as is my habit, but for some reason, I didn't feel like doing that today.

So I gave it a whirl and threw it. 

"Father." 

"Uh?"

"Today is the day I return to the social world after a long time."

"Huh? Okay, yes."

My father nodded like an idiot. I deliberately slumped my shoulders. To make you look dispirited.

"I'm scared that people are still swearing at me."

"Oh my gosh, who dares insult my daughter!"

"There were a lot of people who were jealous of me. The same goes for other ladies who admire His Royal Highness the Crown Prince. Ah, of course, I no longer have feelings for His Highness the Crown Prince."

I hastily added an afterthought. I don't want my father to think that I still like the Crown Prince.

That was truly unlucky.

My father looked at me as if he felt sorry for me and patted my shoulder.

"Oh, Rose. Don't be scared. This father will protect you!"

"Then, can Father introduce me to people today?"

"Introduction?"

"Yes. I think that if my father personally introduces me as a capable and smart daughter who resembles you, people will view me a little more favorably. Please tell them that I am taking charge of the work at the top." 

"But there's no need to go around talking about that. Nathaniel will be back soon." 

He won't come back as long as I'm here,  Father.

I covered my face with both hands and raised my voice, pretending to be overcome with emotion.

"People told me I was a stupid woman who only followed His Highness the Crown Prince! You're such a fool! She is treated like an idiot. Shame...!"

"Oh, I understand. Okay. I will tell them that you are as capable as me and are helping me with top-level work. So dress up so pretty and don't cry."

"Ugh, are you going to tell them I'm working as an assistant manager?"

"Okay. Don't say that."

It's easy.

I covered my face with both hands and grinned. I think I'll say it's a 'temporary' sobering up, but before that, I'll just have to stop talking.

"Thank you, Father! After all, I only have my father!"

I straightened my tearful face, curled the corners of my eyes, and smiled.

Since I have no choice but to go to the banquet anyway, I need to build up some connections like this.

***

Calix was not the type of person who usually looked forward to attending a banquet. For him, a banquet was something he had to attend just like eating. There were some places where he had to attend as a Duke of the empire, but there were also places where he had to stamp his feet as a business entertainment. 

As a result, it was closer to being bored rather than looking forward to the position.

But today was different.

Inside the carriage heading to the imperial palace. A gentle smile appeared on his face as he looked at the scenery outside the window. Sometimes, he pulls one corner of his mouth and smiles as if he is satisfied.

Everyone could see that he seemed to be in a good mood, so Dominic, who was sitting across from him, finally spoke up.

"Aren't you really looking forward to today's banquet, Duke?"

Calix, who had been looking outside the carriage, slowly turned his head.

Calix was perfectly dressed today.

He was decorated with great care by his attendants, and he glowed from head to toe. He was always handsome, but today he looked very purposeful.

Anyone who sees him will not be able to easily turn their head away. Like this poor aide who is facing him now. 

Dominic swallowed.

Dominic doesn't know why he feels nervous. Calix answered, crossing his legs gracefully.

"That's right." 

Today was the day when he would meet Rosenia in his original form for the first time in a very long time. 

After a series of events, Rosenia sent a letter to Calix. It was a letter containing a message asking him to please forget her request to take charge of the top instead of him that day.

Did she say that the marquis caught her trying to pass on the work and gave her a very big scolding?

Calix thought that the contents of the letter were all lies. In the first place, she probably had no intention of handing over the business.

She just acted like that because she wanted to test the relationship between himself and Dominic.

In fact, isn't she very active with 'Investor Dominic'?

Until last week, they went to Dostic together. 

Even though the other person lied to him, Calix didn't feel too bad about it. That's how much he liked Rosenia.

Now that he had eliminated unnecessary doubts, he wanted to get his hands on her as soon as possible.

It didn't seem like it would take that long if he launched a diversionary operation to instill in her a positive perception of Alter Company through 'Dominic' and show her favor through 'Calix'.

"Would Lady Pierre come wearing the dress the Duke gave her as a gift?"

Dominic asked curiously.

"Isn't this the dress that the Duke chose with great care?"

"It seemed like she liked it, so she'll wear it."

"It suits her really well. Only Lady Pierre can wear such a beautiful dress."

Dominic praised Rosenia.

After hearing the full story of the incident from Calix, his aide Dominic was also evaluating her positively.

"Besides, it will go very well with the outfit the Duke is wearing today." 

Calix nodded quietly. He too was secretly looking forward to it.

He's also curious to see if the dress will fit her well.

Even though he wondered if she might be wearing different clothes, Calix thought there would be no surprises when he thought of Rosenia, who was very happy to receive the gift.

'I don't know if Lady Rosenia is a good dancer.'

His first dance will definitely be hers. It didn't matter if the other person wasn't talented at dancing. Because he had the confidence to skillfully lead his opponent.

He is the goddamn 'master of the great stage'

"Why, why are you doing that?"

Calix, who was momentarily irritated, glared coldly at Dominic.

His stupid face didn't even know what he had done wrong. Calix clicked his tongue disapprovingly. Today, he will definitely get rid of that unpleasant nickname certainly.

When he arrived at the imperial palace banquet hall, quite a few people had already gathered. With the emergence of a young and promising nobleman in the empire, many people focused on him.

However, his eyes were looking for someone. Even when someone approached him and said hello, he was only polite.

And he finally found what he was looking for. Rosenia was standing among the crowd with her father, the Marquis Pierre.

Rosenia, wearing a red dress the same color as her eyes and smiling softly, is just...

Thud.

Thump thump.

He thought he heard a strange sound of the ground shaking.

At that moment, Rosenia was about to escape from the crowd and head down the hallway. Calix took a quick step forward.

"Good evening, Lady Rosenia."

Rosenia, whose name was suddenly called, stopped in shock.Is it really that surprising?

Just when Calix's mood was strangely low, Rosenia turned and looked straight at him.

Sparkling red eyes looked straight at him.


Previous            Next



Comments