TVTLQ - Chapter 46

TVTLQ - Chapter 46

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Because it was the first gift I received from someone after becoming Rosenia.

In the end, I couldn't hide my excitement and opened the box.

"Wow."

When I opened the largest box, what came out of it was a brightly sparkling dress.

The dress, which had an off-the-shoulder design and a soft flowing bell line, was the same rosy color as my eyes.

When I touched it carefully, it felt soft.

When I looked closely, there were small jewels embroidered on the hem of the skirt.

It's very flashy.

But I think Rosenia can handle it.

No, I think it would look scary good on her.

Since I go to work every day and have to move around a lot, I usually wear clothes with simple designs.

I don't think it would have been easy to come up with such a completely opposite design on a day like that.

Does this also mean discernment?

"Pretty..."

Those words came out spontaneously.

The next thing in the box was shoes that matched the dress. And the last box contained jewelry to wear together. All of them were of the highest quality without any reproach.

Mr. Dominic asked with a slight smile.

"Do you like it?"

I carefully stroked the hem of my dress again.

If you attend a banquet wearing a fancy dress like this, you will inevitably stand out.

That went against my decision to live quietly without being noticed by others. But I liked it so much that I wanted to pretend I didn't know all those worries for a while.

I'm especially happy that Dominic personally selected it and gave it to me.

Badump.

My heart was beating happily.

I folded the dress neatly into the box as if I were handling a precious treasure. Then I looked at Dominic and smiled wholeheartedly.

"Really. Thank you, Dominic." 

"I'm glad you liked it."

"How did you come up with the idea to give me this gift? If it were Le Cellomain, it would have taken a long time to order production...You even gave me shoes and jewelry as a gift."

"Didn't Vice President also give me gloves as a gift?" 

"That was my mistake." 

"But after receiving the gift, I was really happy. I am proud to see that the Vice President feels the same way as I do." 

I smiled as if I had no choice. Dominic's heart was so beautiful.

Rejecting these clothes?

I will never be able to do that. 

"It's too bad Dominic wasn't invited to the banquet."

It was Dominic who gave me a pretty dress. Dominic cannot attend the imperial banquet because he does not have an invitation. I want to show him what I'm wearing in person.

I hesitated for a moment and then spoke.

"Shall I try to get a separate invitation?"

At banquets hosted by the imperial family, the number of attendees is strictly controlled. This is to prevent unexpected accidents from occurring.

But if I ask Princess Penelope, how can I get an invitation?

Although I still feel like I'm piling up debt because I haven't been able to give her the tears of the World Tree.

Mr. Dominic laughed slightly at my words.

"It's okay. You don't have to overdo it." 

"It's not unreasonable. I can get you one."

"It's really okay. And even if I get an invitation, it will be difficult for me to attend. If I were to attend an event that my parents and older brother were not invited to, that would be a problem of its own."

I couldn't offer any more advice due to his gentle refusal. But I feel so sorry.

As I drooped my shoulders sullenly, Mr. Dominic smiled softly.

"The banquet is the day after tomorrow, right? Forget about work for a moment and have a good time. I will definitely be able to see the Vice President wearing the dress I gave you."

Perhaps, if the opportunity arises, later on, it may be possible!

I felt so bad that Mr. Dominic, who was always nice, was scolding me today.

***

"Whoa."

Blanc, who was sewing, sighed softly. 

He had been having very anxious days recently. Whether he was designing, cutting the fabric, or trying to figure out which button would be good for each piece of clothing, something never left his mind.

"Until she solves that problem. So just wait a moment."

Rosenia Pierre was confident.

It was as if she knew how to break away from this frustrating relationship surrounding him. So Blanc waited, as she said.

But more than a week had already passed and there was still no news from her.

"Have I been deceived as expected?"

Blanc sighed heavily.

There was no way that such pleasant words could become reality, but for a moment, his heart ached.

The Duke of Montrose was an aristocratic family so powerful that they could knock down a flying bird. On the other hand, Pierre's upper class, or rather, Pierre's marquis, was much lacking.

According to what he found out, the Marquis was recently undergoing a large-scale tax audit and was slowing down. The woman who proposed the business to him was the second child of the family.

From what Blanc heard, the eldest son of the family moved down to the estate, filling the vacant position for a few months.

This opponent is lacking from one to ten.

"... But they looked at my design with great care."

She didn't tell Blanc to do as he was told like anyone else, and she didn't threaten him by giving him money to tell him to be quiet.

Although it was conditional, she told him to proceed as much as he wanted if there was a design he wanted to do.

Blanc knew very well that there were few nobles with such a free and flexible way of thinking. Is that why? 

Blanc wanted to place his hopes on her.

Even now, he is still making the same clothes as always, ordered by the Duke of Montrose.

And then the call he had been waiting for finally arrived.

"It's a letter!"

Blanc's heart was pounding.

This letter probably says something like a dream: 'Now you are free, so design whatever you want!'

But when he opened the letter, what was written inside were slightly more specific instructions.

"You want me to make a suit for a man in his 30s with a prosthetic right leg?"

What kind of order is this again?

He was embarrassed by an order he had never received since he started holding scissors and needles.

It's a request that doesn't even seem to help in escaping Montrose. But at the same time, an inspiration occurred to him.

Imagination has made his living until now. That imagination exploded with a special spell.

"Okay. There's still a deadline for Montrose..."

Blanc put the clothes he was making aside. After unfolding the large piece of paper and thinking about it for a moment, Blanc started drawing a line with a square pencil.

A passion that no one could stop was blooming from his fingertips.

***

Sometimes in life, there comes a moment when you have to do something you don't want to do.

For example, working overtime to pay off a debt owed to you by others. Things like having to attend an imperial banquet full of female and male leads.

“Ha.”

I hadn't even left for the imperial palace yet, but I wanted to go home. It's home, but I want to go home. I'm serious.

"Wow! You look really good, Miss."

The long period of dressing up is over.

The maid who was smoothing my hair and applying my makeup clapped her hands. I sat quietly in the chair and looked at myself in the mirror.

Inside was a woman as captivating as a noble rose.

I was embarrassed to say with my own mouth that I was a rose and that I was fascinating, but I couldn't express myself in the mirror without saying that.

It's really gorgeous. And the dress matches well enough that it doesn't look excessive. I was once again surprised by Dominic's insight.

The dress he gave me was perfect. The jewels on the dress sparkled softly when illuminated by the light. How much does this cost? 

When I first saw it, I thought it was a very high-end product, but after actually wearing it, it was much more than high-end.

The same goes for the accessories he brought with me.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that they didn't give me a tiara as a headdress.

It was a muted red silk string. Although there were jewels here too.

The maid was very excited and chattered.

 "Everyone will be looking at you at the banquet hall today!"

Yeah, no. That won't happen.

Estelle will also be attending today.


Previous            Next



Comments