TVTLQ - Chapter 45

TVTLQ - Chapter 45

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was startled and let out a silent scream. I definitely bumped into something, but there was nothing in front of me.

I trembled and stretched out my hands forward. I waved my hand, but nothing caught me. I got goosebumps and broke into a cold sweat. 

'I'm scared!'

I wanted to go back to the ground right away, but I held back. It was an opportunity that was barely created. If I missed this moment, I didn't know when I would be able to come here again.

I decided to get out of this nightmare place as quickly as possible. I quickly moved my feet with my eyes half-closed and half-open. 

Fortunately, there was an end.

Finally, we arrived at a small room that appeared to be a basement.

"I need to find the box with the seal of the Pierre family."

With more earnest heart than ever, I searched for the box that would contain the tears of the World Tree.  And that was when I finally noticed something suspicious-looking under the floor.

Ssshhhhh...

Suddenly, goosebumps appeared on the back of my head. It felt like a cold passed through me. I turned around, but there was nothing.

My heart is pounding. My heart was pounding with an ominous sound. 

Was it a mistake? Well, there can be such a thing as a ghost...

 "Who?"

“Aaaah!”

Suddenly I heard a sound behind me. Startled, I freaked out and punched the ghost.

Crashingly, I ran out in a hurry, knocking down everything around me. I returned to the ground in an instant. I left the factory and rushed towards Mr. Dominic, who was still busy handing out groceries.

"Vice president?"

Dominic suddenly turned to me in surprise as I grabbed his arm. He looked at me carefully, as if my condition looked strange.

"Why are you sweating like this? Are you okay?" 

I took a deep breath. My heart was pounding like crazy.

"Aren't you hurt somewhere?"

'No, no. I felt like I saw a ghost inside...'

After a while. I finally came to my senses and quickly made an excuse sense.

"Sorry. I guess I was mistaken." 

"It surprised me." 

Mr. Dominic breathed a sigh of relief. Then, I pushed back my messy hair.

'Ah, hair tie...'

Did it come loose while running? What on earth is that? Was it a person? But the basement is a place no one knows about. 

Are there really ghosts? 

As I was running away, I thought I saw something red.

"And won't another opportunity come to me if I help Her Highness,"

"That could be possible. But before that, you must remember that there is still something to be settled between you and me."

Princess Penelope is waiting impatiently.

Suddenly, a dark cloud seemed to loom over my hopeful future.

***

I need to completely revise my plan. After learning that my future, which I thought was a flowery path, was in fact an occult path, I racked my brain for several days. How do we bring back the tears of the World Tree? 

The tears of the World Tree were something I absolutely had to obtain. I used that as an excuse to make a deal with the Princess. So that the soon-to-be-married Princess can have the child she longs for, I will give her a magic stone that will heal her sick body.

However, if Penelope found out that the world tree's tears were not in my hand and that I had made such a contract, she would definitely not stay still.

I don't know, but shouldn't I be prepared for destruction?

Even though the Crown Prince already hated Rosenia, if the Princess also harbored a grudge against me, Pierre would effectively have the royal family as his enemy.

It's such an important thing.

'I can't go there alone twice.'

Damp, damp, eerie interior. Just thinking about the underground passage I entered that day gave me goosebumps. I had no idea what I had encountered in the basement of the factor

I heard a clear voice that day. If it were a ghost, it would be scary, but if it was a person, it would be a big deal.

It was correct that there was nothing there. In the original work, Rosenia discovers the tears of the World Tree without any interference.

'Maybe it's because the timing is early.'

I arrived earlier than the original. So there may have been someone living there before that. No, but who lives in a basement like that?

It's even hidden there, right?

Grunt.

I rubbed between my eyebrows with my finger. I wanted to handle it alone as much as possible without anyone knowing, but I couldn't do that when a being who could be a ghost or a person appeared.

No one should know. The tears of the World Tree were a double-edged sword.

It is an essential item that will help me take over Pierre, but at the same time, it is an ominous entity that could cause Pierre's downfall.

First of all, Pierre must not be found out that they disobeyed the Emperor's orders in the past and stole the magic stone.

No matter how I hid such a secret past, something dangerous could happen if someone found out that I had a natural magic stone in my hands.

Nowadays, when artificial products are replacing everything, the price of natural magic stones is truly worth the price. Shouldn't I give him at least one last name?

So in the end, there was only one option for me to choose.

***

"We need to actively pursue land acquisition."

A regular meeting is held once a week. I expressed my thoughts to Mr. Dominic

Mr. Dominic, who was checking this week's production volume for the workshop he signed a contract with last time, slowly raised his head.

"I don't think there's any need to delay any longer. The existing factory is in better condition than expected, so it will be usable soon after repairs. I also like that there is a high proportion of women among the residents. Because the textile industry requires delicate work."

Above all, if word spreads that the place is being redeveloped, trespassers in the factory's basement wilI disappear. Unless you want to get in trouble for being an illegal trespasser.

Then, I can just pack up the things I want and leave in the meantime. If it were a ghost, it would be an exorcism. It will be crowded with people.

Even if it isn't, I'm willing to believe that.

"It seemed like you liked it and that's what you decided on in the end."

Mr. Dominic agreed without much opposition. The attitude was that he had already half-expected it.

"First, we must apply to the imperial family to purchase land and obtain development permission. The imperial family will also respond favorably if this development can be used as an opportunity to improve the area. We need to actively appeal related content."

"We agree. If there are no problems during the process, it can be completed within six months."

Just in time for Princess Penelope's wedding. Of course, the design and production volume to be sold must be confirmed before that. And before that, we must create an opportunity to get Dentz out of Montrose.

The tears of the World Tree must also be handed over before the wedding.

"Whoa."

Once again. I felt that it was a very tight plan. Even having two bodi /es doesn't seem to be enough.

Timing isn't always right, so you have to grab the opportunity when it comes...

***

As I was carefully reviewing the report, a finger suddenly touched my forehead.

"Mr. Dominic?"

"You're frowning."

Ah, without even realizing it, I shyly rubbed the area between my eyebrows with my fingertips. The place where Mr. Dominic's hand touched became hot for no reason.

"Aren't I by the vice president's side? It will work out well. Do not worry."

"It would have been really difficult without Dominic."

"You're welcome. Oh, by the way. I haven't given it to you yet."

Mr. Dominic suddenly stood up. I looked at him curiously. He went out for a while and soon came back with three large boxes. A box with a golden ribbon in luxurious crimson packaging. I suddenly took the box. The name Lecellomain was written in cursive on the outside of the box.

I asked him, surprised by the heavyweight.

"Dominic, this is.. ?"

"Aren't you attending the imperial family's founding international banquet this time? Since I started joining hands Pierre, I always felt like I was receiving something, so I prepared a small but small gift for you."

I was so surprised that I couldn't speak for a moment. Is this all a gift for me?

At the same time, my heart was pounding.


Previous            Next



Comments