TVTLQ - Chapter 44

TVTLQ - Chapter 44

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



To Calix, Rosenia was a woman who always presented surprises. Talent, wit, and erudition regardless of field. He highly valued Rosenia and did not want to lose her to anyone.

So, his goal was to make her a member of the Alter Company as quickly as possible.

Still, Calix was curious inwardly. How far will Rosenia be able to go on her own?

"Keep order! Order!"

"If you cause trouble, there will be no more!"

The knights, wearing ordinary clothes instead of knightly uniforms, shouted. The vacant lot right in front of the currently abandoned factory was crowded.

This was the result of a cloud of people flocking to the area as Rosenia distributed free groceries to the residents.

"Until the land is purchased and developed, we plan to periodically distribute food materials to the residents there."

"Do you mean to do charity work?"

"There is such a purpose...When I build a factory in the future, I plan to give priority to hiring nearby residents. So, I'm going to build up goodwill in advance."

Calix crossed his arms, remembering the conversation he had with her a few days ago. Will she be able to show results this time too?

Dostic had already failed. Even if support was provided, local residents continued to protest, resulting in emotional turmoil.

Accordingly, even the imperial family did not bother to touch Dostic first.

When judged calmly, Rosenia's plan is likely to fail. But...

"Now, one by one. Take it carefully."

He could have left it to the knights, but looking at Rosenia handing out bags of food herself, he couldn't help but hope that she would succeed.

Until now, Calix had never hoped for the success of others, especially other companies. He was more accustomed to domination than coexistence.

But what is this unfamiliar feeling?

'Because Dostic has nothing to do with the commercial area of Alter Company.'

Even if she achieves what she wants, there will be no harm to him. In that case, it might be okay to help her with her work a little bit.

"Vice President."

It was when Calix called out to Rosenia and approached her.

At that moment, the wind blew. Rosenia's blonde hair, tied high with her green ribbon, swayed gently.

Rosenia, who made eye contact with Calix, folded the corners of her eyes and smiled. 

"You brought it." 

Calix, who was dazed for a moment, nodded a beat late. When he stopped walking, Rosenia approached him instead. She said as she shared the luggage she was carrying.

"Sorry. For making you run such errands."

"Isn't everyone busy? It's no big deal."

Calix answered slowly. All of his senses were focused on Rosenia. But Calix could not bear to realize that fact. He just thought she was shining today.

Some time had passed when they returned to focusing on handing out groceries. 

"Oh, why not?"

Suddenly the surroundings became noisy and people were talking. Calix raised his head. A man with a tough look was making a fuss, yelling loudly.

"Give me one more bag! It's free! Are you just being condescending with this?"

"Step back."

"Who are you?! Are you the owner? No!”

Calix clicked his tongue inwardly. A person who didn't know anything about fractions was being greedy.

Calix ignored him.

Judging from the sharp mood of the knights leading the surroundings, it seemed like he would be dragged away soon. But that wasn't to be the case. 

"If you ask for it, I will give it to you. What a lot of talk!"

The man stretched out his hand arbitrarily and roughly snatched the bag that Rosenia was holding.

"Ugh."

At that moment, Rosenia let go of the bag and the groceries inside fell to the floor. Calix's eyes widened and he grabbed the opponent's wrist.

"What are you doing now? What are you doing!"

"Vice President, are you okay?"

Calix urgently checked Rosenia's hand.

There was a clear red mark on the back of the white hand as if it had been hit by the man a little while ago. Calix's eyes burned.

"Who dare do this to you?"

Tendons sprouted on the back of Calix's hand. The man screamed with such force that it seemed as if his wrist bones would be crushed at any moment.

"Ah. ah. It hurts! Let go! Oh my, you're killing people!"

"Dominic. I'm fine! Please let him go."

Rosenia urgently stopped Calix. Then Calix scolded coldly.

"Now, this person has hurt the Vice President  without knowing the grace."

"I just made a mistake because I was in a hurry." 

"Right now, if you look at Vice President's back of hands, are you saying it was a mistake?"

 "It's just red. it doesn't really hurt. So please just take a look, yes? Mr. Dominic."

Is this good or stupid?

In response to the continued pleas, Calix sighed and released the other person's wrist. The frightened man grabbed his swollen wrist and ran away. Calix turned to Rosenia and asked.

"Are you okay?"

Rosenia nodded. But the back of her hand was still red and swollen. Displeasure bloomed in Calix's gaze as he looked at it.

How dare you such a scum.

"You need to get some medicine."

"It's not that bad."

Rosenia shook her head gently.

"I was a little surprised... I think I'll be fine if I rest."

"Shall I take you to the carriage?"

"Um, no. Rather, I'll just stay in there."

The place Rosenia pointed to was an abandoned factory right behind them. Calix frowned slightly. Would she be alone in such a dirty place? 

"The carriage is parked on the other side of the factory, so I can't check the situation. I'm not seriously injured and just need a little rest."

"All right."

However, he thought that the other person's stability was more important than anything else. Calix nodded without saying anything. He will watch the scene. 

"Please come out when you calm down."

After taking Rosenia inside, Calix came back outside and sighed. He's glad she wasn't hurt, but...

"You have to pay the price for touching something you shouldn't."

The look in his eyes as he looked in the direction where the man disappeared was vivid.

***

As soon as Mr. Dominic's presence disappeared. I jumped up from my seat.

I pretended I was shocked and needed a break, but in reality, it was all an act.

It's not like I couldn't have predicted that such an accident could occur when I came to Dostic, where there were a lot of rumors. Naturally, I was looking for an opportunity to be alone when a man started an argument, so I just took the opportunity and said it was right.

"I've never seen Dominic so angry."

For a moment I thought he was someone else. Dominic has always been kind and kind to me, so seeing him get angry seemed a little unfamiliar to me.

I took a quick look outside.

Mr. Dominic, who went back to the knights, was managing the situation on my behalf. 

'I'll leave for a moment.'

I expressed my apologies to him and walked straight away.

In the original, Rosenia discovered the tears of the World Tree in the basement of this factory. Finding the entrance wasn't difficult.

"There it is."

I approached the statue of a saint left on the wall in one corner. Uniquely, this statue of the saint was carved from the saint's appearance when he was a shepherd.

Wearing a hood on his head and holding an oak staff in his hand, he looked frugal and simple.

In an environment where everything was a mess, this statue of a saint was the only intact thing.

After looking around, I quickly grabbed the lower part of the cane and turned it to the right. 

Click, click, click.

Then the statue of a saint was pushed aside and a hidden staircase appeared.

It was dark inside the entrance, so I couldn't see an inch in front of me. It gave me chills for no reason. It felt like a ghost would come out.

Rosenia entered a place like this without fear? 

"Whoa." 

I took a long, deep breath, gathered myself, closed my eyes, and went inside.

At the same time, the light in the underground passage turned on. I flinched because I was startled from the start.

Is It magic?

The source of the light was small stones embedded in the wall.

'Maybe it's a magic stone.'

I went down without letting my guard down. It was quiet inside. Perhaps because of the strangely humid feeling, I felt like I had fallen into a deep well.

Because of this, the sound of footsteps echoed faintly. It was when it went down quite a bit.

Thud.

I was walking normally when I suddenly collided with something in the air.


Previous            Next



Comments