TVTLQ - Chapter 43

TVTLQ - Chapter 43

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



A luncheon full of laughter followed, based on Calix's sacrifice.

Now that the first delegation for the wedding had left, there were only about eight months left until Princess Penelope's wedding.

As the wedding gets closer, she will become busier, so it will be difficult to find personal time afterward.

Knowing that they had a friendly time. Just like family, just like when he was young.

"I'm a little tired."

However, that affectionate heart could not overcome Penelope's physical strength. After about two hours, Penelope complained of fatigue.

She has been weak since she was young.

"I'll go first, so go in carefully."

"Yes. I'll see you later, Your Highness."

"Okay."

In the end, Penelope left first. This is why Calix wonders if she can survive the wedding day.

While Calix was feeling sorry for the Princess, the servants around them quietly retreated.

The person who sent them away was Rexed. He said, crossing his arms. 

"Now that she's gone and there's no one around, why don't you be honest?"

"What?" 

"Why did you miss that day? By sending it as a stand-in."

Was it because of that? Rexed had been persistently asking him the reason for not attending the banquet for the past week. The reason he was so persistent was actually because Calix did not answer honestly.

However, since he had no intention of revealing the truth, he steadfastly gave the excuse he was pushing.

"You said you couldn't attend because there was a workshop that needed to be concluded urgently." 

Rexed frowned slightly. 

"What kind of workshop is this? Is it that great? Is it big enough for me?"

"No, not at all. It is very shallow for His Highness, the noble Crown Prince of the Empire, to step into. It's boring." 

"But you even used Icarus to sign a contract?"

"There was one thing I wanted." 

Calix said calmly. However, his eyes were full of life. Just thinking about Rosenia made him feel satisfied. She was a much better talent than Calix thought.

Assuming that Rosenia knew the secret of his ring, he set up a meeting to find out the truth she had hidden last time. A sudden breakdown of the carriage, villagers willing to rent their house, and even pre-prepared food and wine.

It was all arranged by him. And then he heard the phrase. 

'I learned the information I read in books.'

She wouldn't have been able to tell a lie. At the time, Calix used a magic item that made her spit out only the truth.

The magic tower Lord Icarus may have a strange personality, but his skills are unrivaled. There is no doubt that it is a magic item made by him.

Calix thought Rosenia was smarter than he thought, but she was also very knowledgeable. Books related to magic are not easy to find. This is because many things were lost after the harsh persecution.

However, Rosenia seemed to have studied a lot in that field as well. In addition, she even has the insight to doubt the relationship between Calix and Dominic because of the one thing they have in common: a ring.

As expected, she was a woman whom he had singled out as his spouse and a talented person who would lead Alter Company.

"When I get my hands on it, I'll tell you then."

"I don't know what you want, but your attitude makes me want it."

"No way. The great prince will never do that."

Calix laughed lightly. It was a story so famous that everyone in the empire knew that Rexed was reluctant to marry Rosenia.

In fact, as a close friend of Rexed, didn't Calix listen to his complaints closest?

But that may have happened because Rexed didn't know Rosenia's true nature. So Calix hoped that Rexed would not know the true nature of his interests until he got what he wanted. 

Rexed shouldn't have known that Rosenia wasn't a stupid woman. If Rexed learns her value, his thoughts may change.

"I hope it won't take long."

A subtle desire for exclusivity was growing little by little.

***

After becoming Rosenia, I formed relationships with many people to take over Pierre. Mr. Dominic, who became my exclusive investment advisor, the Princess,  and the designer of the brand I will grow. And today, I plan to approach some special people to get them on my side.

Hehehe.

When I got off the carriage, I was greeted by the sight of an abandoned factory and a gloomy town. The whole neighborhood is gray, qs if there are clouds. 

"They said it was the worst slum near the capital..."

The buildings were old, the roads were not maintained, and even in broad daylight, the village was not lively.

Do people even live?

I looked around with a somewhat depressed mind, seeing that it was worse than I expected. Mr. Dominic, who was also visiting, muttered quietly. 

"This place hasn't changed from before."

"Have you been here before?"

"Yes. A few years ago, I visited someone."

"Well, so did you find him?"

"I didn't know how to find it, but...It's not a very good memory."

Mr. Dominic said that with a tired expression. I don't know who Dominic was looking for, but he seems to be quite upset.

"Let's check inside first."

I went inside the unlocked abandoned factory with Mr. Dominic. The factory was inspected in advance.

All the windows were broken and the roof was cracked here and there, but the condition wasn't too bad. The tears of the World Tree are here.

If only the worn-out parts are repaired, it can be used again.

"Annie found out that this place doesn't currently have an owner."

The previous owner filed for bankruptcy and the factory and nearby land were returned to Imperial property.

Because Dostic was originally a land of an empire with no owner.

"It would have been difficult to purchase if the ownership stake had been complicatedly divided. If we get development permission, we can start work right away."

"Okay. By the way, Vice President."

"Yes, please tell me." 

"Are you really planning to develop and use this place?" 

I stopped walking and looked back at Dominic. His expression was serious. It didn't seem like a simple question.

The reason Dominic suddenly asks me this question is...

"Are you asking that because this is an area that even the imperial family has left untouched?"

"Did you know?"

"The fact that Dostic was created by a group of people who ran away from the persecution of wizards is already a famous story, and the story that the imperial family gave up on it is not a big secret, even though everyone is just whispering about it, but..."

While doing some preliminary research, I found something a little strange. 

At first, I thought the reason this place was more underdeveloped than other regions was because there was a lingering trend of looking down on wizards. However, contrary to my expectations, there were times when a helping hand reached here too. 

However, it is said that the imperial family's help was not properly delivered due to disturbances that bordered on riots each time.

Is that possible?

Of course, because of the pain of the past, they could have rejected the imperial family, which was the culprit of the persecution.

However, not everyone can be of one mind and one mind.

There may be a traitor, and there is bound to be at least one person who wants to benefit. However, the situation in Dostic was as bad as ever.

There is not even a single rumor that someone has left this place because their situation has improved. The imperial family also failed to achieve what they wanted.

So maybe another third party benefited?

Materials and property were stolen by someone else. Taking advantage of the fact that this is a slum where people with a past gather and don't see anything strange even if a riot breaks out.

"Lady? Vice president?"

"Um, no. I just think this place is a good location."

I turned around. I'm not sure, so let's not say anything. There is no evidence and for now, it is just my guess.

We even toured the inside of the factory.

Along the way, I didn't forget to secretly keep an eye out for the entrance to a space where the World Tree's tears, which I had read about in a book, might be hidden. When I checked inside and came out, the knights who had brought me from the mansion were waiting for me.

"Miss, I have moved all the luggage as you instructed."

"Great job."

I'm ready to divert Dominic's attention and impress the locals. Looking at the mountain of stitches piled up, I decided to put the plan I had prepared into action.


Previous            Next



Comments