TVTLQ - Chapter 42

TVTLQ - Chapter 42

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Blanc's eyes widened. But he still wasn't sure, so he hesitated. It was time to explain my plan to him, at least roughly.

"Oh, welcome. Mr. Dominic." 

"Oh my, you have a guest." 

Mr. Dominic, who came to work at the top once a week, came into the office.

Since he signed a contract as my investment advisor and not as a full-time employee, he was able to commute freely. He glanced sideways at Blanc, who was talking to me. Then he looked at the sketchbook I was holding for a moment and said. 

"It seems like you were having an important conversation. I'll come back a little later."

"Sorry. It won't take long. Can you please wait a moment?"

"No. Please feel free to talk."

He smiled softly and went out again. At the same time, a loud scream echoed through the office. 

"Vice President!"

The main character of the scream was Blanc.

"Who is that?" 

"Why?"

I asked rather sensitively. After I became convinced that M r. Dominic was not Calix, he became the number one person I cared about. Should I call it a desire for monopoly?

I didn't want to share my precious investment with others. But Blanc shouted regardless. 

"He is my ideal type!"

"What?" 

"That height, shoulders, face, even body shape! The perfect muse I had imagined was here! I want to make clothes modeled after that person! If it's possible, I'll sign a contract no matter what the price is!"

Blanc's eyes sparkled. I could feel a subtle glow in his eyes. Now, when I say I will solve the problem, are you saying that after thinking about it, you will sign a contract after seeing Dominic? Because you want to make him your muse?

No way!

I suddenly felt defeated for no reason. I feel resentful.

***

It goes without saying, but I never handed over Mr. Dominic to Blanc.

Instead, I sent Blanc back with the message that he would wait for news as the problem he was worried about would be resolved soon.

When I told Dominic what happened with Blanc, Dominic laughed as if it was funny.

"Haha. Thanks to the Vice President, I  avoided suddenly becoming a model."

"You're not disappointed, are you?"

"Hmm, the only one I have right now is Vice President. I can't cheat."

He gently folded the corners of his eyes and smiled. Even though I knew it was a joke, my cheeks got hot for some reason.

I looked around awkwardly and found a box on the desk. Thinking that it was a good thing, I jumped up from my seat and brought the gift box.

"I should have given you this first. I'm sorry for giving it to you so late."

"This..." 

"These are the gloves from back then. I matched the size and design to the same dragon skin." 

I decided not to ask why the wizard was wearing post-processed gloves.

Dominic must have a story too. It had already been confirmed several times that he was not Calix, and I did not want to doubt him anymore.

"Do you like it?" 

"Dragon skin must have been expensive, so did you prepare this yourself?"

"I promised I would give you a gift. Try it on."

At my urging, Dominic took off the gloves he was wearing. And as he was about to put on his new gloves, he suddenly stopped moving.

Is there something he doesn't like?

As I was looking at him with concern, he suddenly held out a glove to me. Then he whispered in a playful voice.

"I wish the Vice President would put it in herself."

"Yes?"

"Because it's a gift. Why not?"

I rolled my eyes. No, there's nothing wrong with it. I couldn't resist the expectant look in his eyes, so I took the gloves from him.

I opened the opening of the glove to fit his beautifully stretched fingers. But at that moment, with a tap, his ring finger touched my palm. I was so surprised that I pushed the glove away with force without realizing it.

"Ugh." 

"Oh, sorry."

Dominic groaned slightly as if his finger had gone in wrong. I struggled and tried to take the gloves off his hands again. At that time, Mr. Dominic's hand grabbed my hand.

"It's okay."

Then he put my finger between his fingers and pulled the glove slightly.

He, who was wearing it neatly and properly, let go of my hand and said. 

"It's perfect. Thank you."

"You're welcome." 

What did I just get caught up in? 

As I was wiggling my fingers. Dominic spoke as if he had suddenly remembered me.

"Now that I think about it, the founding of the country is about to begin, and of course  Vice President will attend the imperial palace banquet."

"Ah yes. With my father."

I quickly responded, feeling grateful to him for changing the subject. I really didn't want to attend that damn banquet, but as a member of the Marquis Pierre, I couldn't not attend.

Nathaniel has already been kicked out of the territory because of self-reflection. I had to attend as my father couldn't afford to have two children alone.

As it turns out, it was an escape from self-sufficiency.

'I have to stay as quiet as possible.'

I made a firm promise. Still, the good news is that it is possible to be excluded from the original work depending on my action.

Obviously, in the original, Rosenia went to Estelle's birthday banquet and got into trouble, but this time, I didn't do that and they started creating a love triangle among themselves, right?

It seemed like if I stayed quiet this time, there wouldn't be any problem.

"What about Dominic? Are you attending?"

"No. I didn't inherit my previous title, nor did I receive an individual invitation... I don't think I will ever be able to attend."

"I think it would have been nice if we went together. That's too bad."

Since it was not a banquet where I would bring my partner, I could not bring him along.

He smiled slightly at the sincere words. 

"I am okay. Haven't there been a lot of things to worry about lately? It's been a while since you had a banquet, so please enjoy it."

"Ha, will this be fun?"

"It's a place where many people gather, so wouldn't it be possible to meet unexpected connections?"

It is certain that I will meet the female and male leads. Just thinking about it already makes my stomach ache...

***

"I will also meet Princess Penelope that day, so it would be a good idea to stop by Dostic before that and get the World Tree's Tears."

Thinking that it would be best to give it as a surprise gift on NationaI Foundation Day, I came up with a plan.

***

"Oh, the ruler of our great ball has finally arrived." 

An afternoon with warm sunlight shining gently. Rexed whistled as he saw Calix appear at the luncheon held in one corner of the imperial palace's beautiful glass greenhouse. 

Calix frowned slightly. He had also been briefed on everything that had happened at Princess Montrose's birthday banquet.

His aide, Dominic Gray, showed off his spectacular dancing skills on his behalf. Dominic himself and those who saw his dance at the time even commented that it was the dance of the century. Of course, in completely different senses.

"Why did you come so late?"

"I think I came on time."

"Did you come here after practicing hard? You too. Passion is good, but it must be done in moderation."

"..."

He didn't ask in the first place because he was curious. Calix looked like he was chewing something. Rexed must have been impressed by the dance that day and made sarcastic comments like this every time he saw him.

Maybe he was criticizing Dominic for setting up a stand-in for him and then falling for it without saying a word.

Of course, Calix also felt a little sorry. As a result, it looked like they had deceived the Crown Prince.

'I should have made sure I didn't get caught in the first place."

Calix felt sorry for not being able to fool him completely. He didn't feel sorry for not telling his friend about his schedule in advance. 

Men should just assume it's not there and move on, so why are they talking about their whereabouts in such a manly manner?

He naturally ignored Rexed's continued scoffing today. Instead, he turned and greeted Penelope, who had invited him.

"Good afternoon. Thank you for the invitation, Her Royal Highness."

"Hmm. Okay."

The Princess's voice trembled slightly as she received the greeting. It seemed as if she was suppressing laughter by slightly covering his mouth with a fan. Then Rexed crawled over from behind.

"Ha ha ha! It looks like you're really happy to see Calix for the first time in a while!"

'It's going to be like this for a while.'

Calix sighed inwardly. It seemed like this reaction would repeat itself until he showed himself dancing properly in front of people again. 

'Lord Gray, I will not leave you alone.'


Previous            Next



Comments