TVTLQ - Chapter 41

TVTLQ - Chapter 41

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I was so busy that I didn't know how each day passed. I went back to the glass workshop that I had not been able to visit with Dominic. After checking the site, a long-term contract for 3 years was signed.

Afterwards, we discussed the time and place to showcase the products, and personally made preparations to deliver the Princess's second gift. When I finished up to that point and took a breather, I finally felt that the time had come. It is time to go find the tears of the World Tree that I have been putting off.

The tears of the World Tree were hidden in Dostic, a slum located at the edge of the capital. To be exact, in an abandoned factory there.

In the original work, Rosenia's discovery of the World Tree's tears was purely coincidental. Rosenia, who wanted to somehow attract the Crown Prince's attention, sees Estelle's good deeds and decides to follow suit. Accordingly, she visits Dostic, the most disadvantaged neighborhood near the capital, and pretends to do charity work, but in the process, she discovers an abandoned jewelry box.

A square box with Pierre's emblem drawn on it. And inside it were the 'Tears of the World Tree' hidden by the past head of Pierre's family. 

Before visiting Dostic, I had Annie research the place first. The current owner of the abandoned factory, the status of Dostic, rumors, etc, everything. Since we had to find the tears of the World Tree more secretly than anyone else, we did some research in advance.

However, while reading the report she submitted, I realized one unexpected fact.

"This abandoned factory. It's quite useful, right?"

It is said that it was previously a factory that made sacred items and delivered them to temples. Perhaps because it was a factory connected to a temple, it was built sturdily, so it is said to be in good condition even now.

Moreover, the location of the factory was also good. The factory was located in the center of Dostic, a round trip from the center of the capital to Dostic in just a few hours. After visiting Dentz, I was already looking for a place to set up a factory to mass-produce clothing.

This world was a society driven by carriages and carts. Although transmission magic existed, it was very expensive, and not everyone could use it. Therefore, location was more important than anything else, and Dostic met that requirement.

"The site is flat and spacious. Land is cheap..."

The population is even larger. This is a table prepared entirely for me, right? But why hasn't anyone touched it yet?

Just as I was wondering for a moment, I quickly realized the reason. The origin of the Dostic resident was a problem. This village was once a slum formed by people who fled when the persecution of wizards was severe.

Although wizards were no longer persecuted, there was still a subtle tendency to look down on wizards in the world. Since it was a place where such people gathered, even a slum, everyone was reluctant to approach. But that's just the opinion of people here.

'You'd be a fool to miss this opportunity.'

It's not prejudice that even applies to me. My eyes sparkled. I decided. I will eat dostikAnd it wasn't long before I visited the top of the island, which would give wings to my plans.

"The product you requested has been completed and we are here to deliver it to you. Also, a response to what you suggested together."

Blanc brought the gloves I ordered. Has this week already passed? Time flies.

I took my hand away from the report I was reviewing and took the box he held out. 

"Oh."

When I opened the package and checked the contents, I was briefly impressed.

It contained new, identical gloves that I had asked him to make. No, it actually looked more luxurious and neat. Blanc even neatly repaired Dominic's right-hand glove, which I had given him for reference.

"It's perfect."

I smiled in satisfaction and closed the box. Now, will you give me a satisfactory answer to my proposal?

I leisurely waited for him to open his mouth.

"Vice President of Pierre"

"Huh."

"What would you do, Vice President, if I said I wanted to make experimental clothing?"

I crossed my arms in response to the other person's sudden question. It's an experimental costume. How experimental are you talking about?

Are they really going to stick sharp needles into their shoulders or make men's skirts or something like that?

I wanted to start a business that I could sell to the public and make money from,  And Blanc's design was considered appropriate. If Blanc was a power-shoulder follower, I had no choice but to reconsider my thoughts.

"I think it depends on the case, also..."

'"..."

"No matter what, if you put a stud on your shoulder, it's not easy for people to buy it."

"Yes? No! I haven't thought about it that far."

Blanc waved his hand urgently. If that's the case, what I had to say was decided.

"Unless you stick to completely unpopular designs. It's the designer's choice what to make. I can't limit the designer's choices one by one, right? Even if it's an experimental design. It's okay if it's occasional. It may seem strange and awkward at first, but it can also be the start of a new trend." 

Blanc's hands were shaking. Then he suddenly rummaged through his bag and handed me a sketchbook.

"Lady, please take a look at this!"

It was a very earnest cry. I flipped through the sketchbook he gave me one by one. The sketchbook was filled with drawings of costumes that seemed to have been designed by him himself. Even what fabric, what color, and what accessories to combine. 

"Hmm."

On the outside, I acted calmly and turned the pages, but on the inside, I was very surprised. Every single one of his designs was attractive.

A touch of genius was put into this sketchbook. I liked it when I saw the catalog, but this one was even better.

There were even casual designs that seemed like they would sell out right away once they were made.

"It's okay."

Blanc's face brightened at the positive evaluation I gave calmly. I don't know why, but Blanc had a strangely earnest attitude today.

Looking at that determined expression, it was clear that he had already made up his mind. However, when I first suggested it to him, he didn't seem interested in expanding the size of the tailor shop itself.

In other words, money did not seem to be the goal. If that's the case, I don't think he needs to be this thirsty. 

"Is there some problem you'd like me to solve?"

Blanc trembled at the words I said casually. He was fidgeting, but soon sighed and said yes. 

"Yes, that's right."

"Can I hear what that is?"

"I have a long-time supporter. In fact, he is the nobleman who created Dentz today." 

"You mean you want to break off that relationship. You hope I take care of it so you don't get kicked out of the industry."

Blanc opened his eyes wide. His face asked how I knew that. Well, if you bring up a story like that, there is only one reason that can come up.

I asked harshly.

"So who is that nobleman?" 

"This is the Duke of Montrose." 

No, this is a bit big. I straightened my posture. I didn't know that the female lead family would pop up here.

What, why is it that the dressmaker I put my needles on is connected to Montrose?

A groan came out naturally.

'Is it okay to create a conflict with the Duke here?'

Of course not!

Even the other party is the female lead's family. If I unluckily got caught up in the original work, it would be over.

But I don't want to leave now. In the class system, my status as a gangster was planned to be easily resolved by using my status as a marquis.

My expression crumpled at the sudden appearance of a huge obstacle.

Then Blanc, whose face darkened, spoke.

"It must be difficult, right? Then there is only one thing I can say to you. I really appreciate your suggestions, but I..."

"No, wait, wait." 

I cut him off. I couldn't miss Blanc like this.

Moreover, as I continued to build the upper tier in the future, I could become involved with the families of the female and male leads. And every time that happens, I can't give up and move on like this.

"Can't you do that?"

The only way is to set up a smoke screen and approach so that they don't notice.

"I will solve that problem."


Previous            Next



Comments