TVTLQ - Chapter 38

 TVTLQ - Chapter 38

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



And at that moment, I couldn't help but admire it out loud. 

Wow.

"This is really the best."

A rich scent that matches the appropriate body surrounds me. It feels like a festival is taking place in your mouth.

I took another sip.

Oh my God. It is very delicious. Aristocrats are looking for this wine?

"It's worth it."

"If you like it. Let's buy a few bottles, Rose."

"Cough." 

I got sick and started coughing. Mr. Dominic gently patted my back as if he was worried.

I rolled my eyes.

Did you change our names just because we said we were a couple?

Even though it was a familiar name. I felt embarrassed for no reason. The man watching us chuckled.

"You can buy it. There's still a lot left!"

"Then I'd like to ask you a favor." 

"Haha! "LI'll give you whatever you want."

The man promised cheerfully. We continued eating. The two men drank wine really well. They poured me a glass of wine too.

The occasional sip of wine is delicious and the cabin is warm. As the tension gradually eased, the events of today began to feel like a long time ago.

"Oh my. I already drank it all."

How much time has passed? A man who exaggeratedly shook an empty wine bottle said he would bring more wine and walked out, leaving Dominic and me behind.

There is wine in this house too. Are the things in that oak barrel for delivery? 

As I was staring at the empty glass, thinking blankly, the glass was filled again. When I looked up. I saw Mr. Dominic holding a new bottle.

"Oh, where did you get it?"

"On the shelf. I guess the landlord forgot there was another bottle."

He gracefully lifted the glass and brought it to his mouth.

Looking at him. I followed suit and took a sip of wine. I don't think I should drink anymore. The wine that went down my throat couldn't have been that sweet.

After drinking about half a glass more, Dominic said.

"I didn't know that Vice president enjoyed wine this much."

When the man disappeared, the title returned to its original state. I felt regretful for no reason, but he continued.

"If I had known this would happen, I would have prepared good wine instead of a bouquet of flowers when I visited to sign the contract." 

"No. I also like flowers."

I shook my head quickly. Dominic doesn't know. How carefully I dried and stored the bouquet that Dominic gave me.

"It's already been so long since I signed an exclusive contract with the owner, but I still feel like there's a lot I don't know about you. We have a lot of time today, so why not have some time to get to know each other?"

"Question time?" 

"It's about taking time to ask each other questions. I'm just telling the truth, no lies. It's like a truth game."

My heart was moved. I nodded.

"Then, before we begin, let me take an oath. I promise to tell only the truth. Please follow along."

"Ah yes. I promise to tell only the truth."

I thought it was quite serious. I followed what he said without much thought. It was then.

"Ugh."

Suddenly, my stomach felt like it was going to turn over. I urgently covered my mouth. Fortunately, there was no display of indecency in front of Mr. Dominic.

Rather...

'I feel like I'm feeling better...'

I felt like my mind became clearer and my pace became easier.

What? That's interesting.

"Let's start first. Vice president."

He kindly handed over the beginning to me. I seriously thought about it. What questions should I ask?

In fact, it was quite obvious what I was most curious about about him.

'Didn't he look too strange until now?'

He had been doing all kinds of suspicious things because I misunderstood Dominic as Calix.

Most of my antics were directed at Calix. but I also showed a suspicious side to Dominic, such as being obsessed with gloves.

When I first met him, I thought he only wanted to leave a good impression on this perfect partner.

The feeling of regret that I couldn't do that stayed with me the whole time.

"Mr. Dominic"

"Yes"

I hesitated for a moment and then spoke out loud.

"Don't you regret choosing to work with me?"

I was surprised even after saying this. The question came out more raw than I expected. Of course, it was different from the question I really wanted to ask, but I had no intention of asking such an honest question.

Above all,  If you ask this question, won't you look like a person without confidence? Even if we had decided to do business together, I felt like I would back out after hearing these questions I quickly changed my words.

"No. Please just pretend you didn't hear it."

"I don't know why you think I'll regret it."

I blinked. Silver-gray eyes were looking at me seriously. He said without avoiding my gaze.

"I think I made a choice that I am more satisfied with than ever before."

"Are you satisfied?"

"I think I will experience a lot of interesting things in the future if I work with Vice President. Of course, other than that, there is also the reason that I admired the insight of the head of you. I am happy with my decision. And Vice president not only now but also in the future Mr. Dominic's eyes slightly curved."

"I am sure you will satisfy me." 

Why do those words feel so dizzying?

I was thirsty so I drank some wine. Mr. Dominic smiled and filled my glass with wine again. 

"Then now it's my turn."

He straightened his back. He fiddled with his wine glass for a moment and then paused.

"hmm... I wonder if I can ask you something like this."

"What is it? are you okay? Tell me please."

"Do you still like His Highness the Crown Prince?" 

"Puuup!" 

I gulped. I heard the story properly. It was incomparable to when Dominic suddenly called me Rose a little while ago.

I asked him, wiping my mouth with an embarrassed and feverish face.

"Why, why. why are you asking that?" 

"I'm sorry if this was a sensitive issue. But since everyone says that..."

"No, no, I'm not sensitive at all! Because I don't like His Royal Highness the Crown Prince! I don't like him, never."

"They say strong negativity is positivity..."

"No!"

It's not true! Why do you think like that?

I emptied the refilled glass and shouted, trying to calm myself down.

"I have no feelings whatsoever for His Highness the Crown Prince! All I'm interested in right now is business. How can I make the top of Pierre bigger? That's all I can think about, and..."

"And?"

All I want to do is avoid the main characters of the original and live quietly. Isn't it from that wish that I harbored uneasy suspicions about Mr. Dominic in the first place? 

Is it because of alcohol? I just wanted to be honest.

I feel like someone in my head is constantly telling me to tell the truth. However, my concerns about the original were a secret I would take to the grave, so I suppressed my desires.

"I'm just thinking about how I can satisfy Mr. Dominic."

"That makes me happy. Because it means that the Vice President is always thinking about me." 

"Great, of course."

It was an impromptu answer after recalling what he said earlier, but Dominic was happier than I thought I felt embarrassed for some reason and fanned my hand. I'm embarrassed for no reason. Let's ask the next question.

"But why didn't you come wearing gloves today?"

No, not questions like these! It was clear that I had drunk too much wine.

Even if I relaxed just a little, my inner thoughts came out. Fortunately, Mr. Dominic took my question indifferently.

"Because the Vice President said she would give me new gloves as a gift. Until then, I didn't feel like wearing anything else." 

I should give you other things besides gloves as a gift. I never thought I would like it this much.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments