TVTLQ - Chapter 39

 TVTLQ - Chapter 39

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Then now it's my turn again." 

He calmly lowered his eyelashes. Also, it's probably not a question related to the crown Prince.

I waited somewhat anxiously for his question. As long as he didn't ask any questions related to Rexed, I felt like I could answer anything honestly.

"Is there by any chance a feud between you and Duke Altemir that I don't know about?"

Except for Calix.

How is it that all the questions asked are related to the male leads? I was almost impressed by his sense of choosing questions.

When I didn't have an answer, Dominic added, as if giving an additional explanation.

"I'm asking because I feel like the Vice President has been in a low mood ever since I met the Duke today. I think I might have made a mistake without knowing much." 

It was low. But the reason I felt depressed was because I felt guilty about not trusting Dominic.

There was also a sense of shame about myself that I kept doubting. This is not the kind of thing to say to Mr. Dominic. Controlling my inner thoughts. smiled brightly and answered. 

"No, not at all. I just haven't been feeling well since this morning. So I think I acted sensitively without even realizing it. Mr. Dominic didn't do anything wrong at all."

"I'm glad it was my mistake. I was worried all day because you seemed so nervous."

"Mr. Dominic..."

I was in tears. I swear Mr. Dominic was angry. I didn't trust Dominic and always suspected him of being a male lead, but he was always worried about me and taking care of me. 

'I want to repay Mr. Dominic.'

I can't reveal everything to him. But wouldn't it be okay if you were just sharing one little secret?

It won't be a problem for him or me. I felt like I wanted to prove my trust to him. Half of it was out of guilt and half of It was out of a desire to repay.

I hesitated for a moment and cautiously opened my mouth.

"Mr. Dominic." 

"Yes, Vice President."

"That Duke Altemir, you better be careful."

"What do you mean?" 

My gaze met the silver-grey eyes seen behind the round glasses. Perhaps because of the flickering candlelight, Dominic's eyes seemed more subdued than usual.  I swallowed my saliva.

"If you make a mistake, you could be fooled. If a stranger suddenly pretends to know you and starts talking about business, you should be suspicious. That could actually be the Duke."

"What is that..."

"Shhh." 

I put my index finger to my mouth and made a wind noise as if to tell him to be quiet.

Dominic, do you know what?

Calix is the male protagonist of this world, and he does anything for the female lead. He may seem gentle on the outside but in the end, he is a crazy person.

"It's dangerous, so we have to keep it a secret. "I'm telling you this because I'm worried about Dominic, but you really shouldn't tell anyone about this."

"I don't understand. Where did you get that information, Vice President?”

I answered as if I was possessed by something.

"In the book."

The E-book is also a book. 

"A book?"

"Yes. I read it in a book. It's all I know."

Having said that, I stood up. It was too late and I thought it would be best to leave now. Since I couldn't say more about Calix. I also intended to avoid further questions.

However, the moment I stood up, I suddenly lost strength and my body stumbled.

"Omg."

“Vice President!”

Mr. Dominic hurriedly caught me as I almost fell. My head was spinning. It was fine when I was sitting down, but not when I got up.

My stomach, which had been fine, suddenly started feeling nauseous again. I held Dominic's forearm and caught my breath.

A worried voice came from overhead. 

"Are you okay?" 

I would like to answer yes, but I was not in a position to do so.

"I can't walk."

Then Dominic said. 

"I'm sorry."

At the same time, my body was lifted into the air.

"Hi."

I made a small sound. I was distracted by my stomach churning, but I knew one thing.

The fact that I am now being held by Mr. Dominic. And that too in a princess-hugging position!

Embarrassed. I struggled.

"Now, wait a minute. Please take me down. I can walk."

"It's impossible. How can you walk like that?"

"Still!"

"It's not possible."

He flatly rejected my request. Of course. I know that my condition is not good, but....!

I could feel the other person's body temperature through the thin shirt. There was strength in the arms and hands holding my body tightly. It was held in such a way that I couldn't move, but its firmness gave me a sense of stability. 

'I feel dizzy."

I don't know if this feeling of dizziness is because of my upset stomach or because of his distinct body scent. As I slowly raised my head as if looking for a way out, I made eye contact with him looking down at me. I was startled by the somewhat satisfied look in his eyes and lowered my head.

I crouched down and closed my eyes tightly.

"Phew."

When I calmed down, Dominic picked me up and started moving somewhere. The hinges creaked and the door opened.

It wasn't long before the soft bedding touched my back. He put me down on the bed and stroked my hair. 

"Rest."

After that, he walked out of the room so carefully that he didn't even make a sound. Only then did I open my closed eyes?

"..."

The heat rose so much that it was dizzying before my eyes. Is this because I drank too much wine?

I tried to sleep, blaming the wine.

***

My face got so hot I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep. When I opened my eyes, it was already the next morning.

I jumped up and lingered in front of the door for a while. Because I drank wine for no reason yesterday, I felt like I said everything I couldn't say to Dominic.

Meanwhile, I vividly remembered what happened. I even warned him to be wary of Calix.

Why on earth did I do that?

The good news among the misfortunes is that I didn't mention things like possession or the original work.

"It's already suspicious enough."

After groaning for a while, I decided to just pretend that I didn't remember anything.

As the new owner of Pierre's trading company, I can be wary of competing trading companies. For now, I'll pretend I don't know, and if he keeps asking. I'll say that I think I said that out of competitive spirit.

With a firm resolve, I opened the door.

"Good morning... what?"

When I went outside, I found Mr. Dominic talking with the coachman who had disappeared last night. In a slightly friendly atmosphere. The coachman was startled when he saw me. Then he came quickly in front of me and bowed his waist.

"I'm so sorry for arriving so late!"

"Dominic, what is this..."

"He said he got lost on the wrong mountain road. He arrived a little while ago." 

He answered my questions instead. When I looked outside the window. I saw that a new carriage and horses were parked there.

"It seems impossible to go straight to the workshop today. Shall we return to the capital first?"

I nodded absentmindedly. His demeanor was the same as usual, so I felt like I hadn't made any special mistakes last night.

No, it actually looks better, but am I mistaken?

Anyway, I'm glad his attitude didn't seem strange. As I was secretly sighing. Mr. Dominic approached me, bent down slightly, and whispered in my ear. 

"And good morning."

 I was startled for a moment and covered my ears with my hands. Then Dominic laughed lightly. I thought my heart was dropping.

We boarded the carriage and returned straight to the capital. When I arrived at the mansion, my father was absent.

I was wondering how to answer when someone asked me why I didn't come home yesterday, but I'm glad....

I just went back to the room and fell on the bed.

"Whoa."

It's tough.

It's only been a day and I don't know how it went by. I was tired, but when I closed my eyes, I couldn't sleep.

I kept thinking of the hand holding my shoulder and body. And even that ordinary morning greeting that pierced my ear. In the end. I just kicked off the blanket, washed up, and came out.

Let's work instead. As you work, random thoughts will disappear.

And when I got to the top, Annie gave me some news.


Previous        Next


Support Novellate!



Comments

  1. Foul play to get someone drunk to get them to spill their secrets Callix. >:(
    That her mentality is so strong that she only let slip such vague details is quite impressive. But now, he's inadvertently trapped himself. The gulf between her feelings for Dominic and Calix is rapidly widening. I can't wait to find out what'll happen when she finds out. Thank you very much for the translation.

    P.S. Also can't wait to see his reaction if she's happy about the rumors about him liking the princess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment