TVTLQ - Chapter 33

TVTLQ - Chapter 33

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The door was closed, but I could hear what was being said inside.

How foolish Rosenia Pierre is speaking.

"..."

"She was a Lady with a bad reputation to begin with. When the Duke said she was smart, I thought she might have some talent that I hadn't yet discovered, but it doesn't seem to be the case at all. Duke, this is not it. Really."

Her appearance was as pretty as rumored. Dominic shook his head and tried to banish that thought.

No matter how pretty she was, she couldn't have a woman with a lot of ignorance as a Duchess. 

"As things turn out like this, I think it was right for the Duke to approach her while hiding himself. Since Lady Rosenia also said that she would cancel the contract, I think it would be a good idea to end the relationship we created as Dominic this way."

"Do you really think she was trying to break the contract?"

"Yes?"

Calix, who had been listening quietly, slowly opened his mouth.

"Sir, I have never said anything in vain."

Calix's face was more serious than ever.

He continued speaking in a calm voice.

"The Lady Pierre I met as Dominic was better than anyone else. Let alone surpassing my brother, the Marquis d'Or, there was nothing lacking even if I put her directly into Alter."

"A Lady like that is asking if she can just tear up the contract? I'd be happy if that was all. The Lady tried to hand over the family business to the Duke. It's good from our perspective, but it's definitely not after we're on the same side." 

"What if she were trying to imitate a stupid person on purpose?"

"Yes? For what reason is it like that?" 

Okay. Why did that happen? 

Calix played with his free right thumb.

He thinks of the ring that he leaves out unless he needs it. After a while, he spoke slowly. 

"I don't know if she's suspicious of my relationship with Dominic Willock."

"Doubt?"What kind of doubt are you talking about?" 

"I think she thinks Calix and Dominic are the same person." 

Dominic's mouth dropped open at Calix's bombshell declaration. That was truly incomprehensible!

"Oh, how is that possible? No one knows about the existence of the ring!"

Calix also nodded in agreement to Dominic's words. The fact that he has a magic ring that changes his appearance is a secret that only very few people know.

As if trying to show off her ignorance, she only made noises when she opened her mouth.

Just whining and complaining immaturely.

Calix was even shocked when she said she would just tear up the contract.

When she found out that it was a contract written by the Duke in Dominic's name, she was shocked in a different way. 

"Can I be honest with you? I am against this marriage, or recruitment, or anything. Lady Pierre is a no-no. I am not good enough as a spouse or as a worker at the company."

Only Calix, the owner of the ring, Icarus, the magic tower lord who created the ring, and Crown Prince Rexed, who allowed all of this, know the truth.

At most, his confidant, Dominic, was included there.

However, Rosenia's behavior was too suspicious to be ignored.

At first, he thought Rosenia was pretending to be a hatter in order to completely avoid the offer of collaboration with Alter Company. So that this side gets rid of the crane first and runs away.

However, if that was the purpose, he didn't think there was a need to even say that she wanted to hand over the business.

Rather, it seemed like she was trying to confirm something with more certainty.

As if trying to catch the other person off guard and intentionally induce them to overreact.

In fact, wasn't Calix also surprised by her action to tear up the contract and urgently try to dissuade her?

"..."

Calix thought back to the day he approached Rosenia as Dominic.

There was nothing suspicious. There wasn't...

There was a moment when Rosenia lost concentration.

That was when the wine spilled on his hand and he took off his glove. At the time, Calix thought she was just reacting sensitively because she felt sorry that such an accident had occurred.

The same thing happened when she asked him to take off his gloves so that she could give him new ones.

But what if all of her reactions happened not because of the 'gloves' but because of the 'ring' he was wearing?

What if Rosenia knew the secret hidden in the ring?

"...That's nonsense."

At most, they would suspect Dominic Willock of being a liaison for Calix.

But when you think that nonsense makes sense, all discomfort disappears. At that moment, goosebumps appeared all over Calix's body.

It was the first tension that came to someone who had never been defeated in his life and who had enjoyed everything. And this gave him interest and fun he had never felt before.

Calix chuckled.

"Bring stationery and a pen."

In response to Calix's changed mood, Dominic quickly brought him the items he had requested.

Calix seemed to be thinking for a moment but soon began to scribble with a pen on the letter paper.

He said as he sealed the two letters and delivered them to Dominic.

"Send the letter directly to the people listed on the envelope. And one more thing. Do you have any personal plans for next Thursday?"

"Princess Montrose's birthday banquet is scheduled."

"Not me."

"Well, I guess I'll have to help the Duke, of course..."

"Try to set aside time. All day long."

"Yes, I understand."

Calix, who gave instructions without hesitation, leaned back in his chair.

Nothing will deviate from his plan. Even if it were the talent he coveted, Rosenia Pierre. 

Sounds fun.

His smile, which lifted the corners of his mouth, contained an anticipation that could not be hidden.

***

"One sheep, two sheep, three sheep..."

Late at night, I looked at the small patterns on the ceiling and counted sheep.

"Sixteen sheep, seventeen sheep...eighteen sheep..."

After counting well, I suddenly got up.

I turned my head and glared at the letter on the nightstand next to the bed.

A letter from Dominic Willock.

"No, not Dominic."

It must be Calix imitating Dominic. I almost got fooled until the end.

Very cute.

Dominic's blue ring, gloves with excessive functions, and Calix's reaction when she tried to tear up the contract.

I had put all of that together and concluded that Dominic was Calix.

I wasn't 100% sure.

Unless I take off Dominic's ring myself, I won't be able to be completely sure. But there was a very high probability that my suspicions were true, and as long as that possibility existed, I had no choice but to be careful.

Of course, I coveted Mr. Dominic. Because he was a person who recognized my value and communicated well with me.

But if it's the male lead, things are different.

The biggest goal for me was to live quietly without being swayed by the original work. Somehow avoid the neck-snapping ending!

And there was no need for a male lead who might kill me for that goal.

There was only one thing for me to do.

I should break off the relationship as if I don't know anything or as if something unavoidable has happened.

Calix and Dominic Willock.

Because I had no intention of letting people know that I suspected that the two people were the same person.

There will be setbacks in growing the top, but it can't be helped. It was better to pursue safety even if it meant going back a little.

"Okay."

I straightened up, stretched out my hand, and took the letter that was folded in half.

The letter said that a suitable workshop to mass-produce the lower line of wedding gifts had been found and suggested that they go on an on-site inspection together. This letter also arrived the day after I visited Calix, right?

What a transparent response. The day we promised to meet is tomorrow.

And I was planning on telling Dominic that day that I didn't think we could work together.

After looking at the letter for a moment, I quickly lay back down. I was a little upset for some reason, but I tried to ignore it.


Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments

  1. Uh oh! FL just got upgraded from interesting to stimulating. Methinks the duke is going to show up with both his personas to confirm his suspicions about her suspicions. I'm looking forward to this! Thank you for the translation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment