TVTLQ - Chapter 34

 TVTLQ - Chapter 34

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I ended up staying up all night.

Even though I tried to sleep, I couldn't sleep because of all these thoughts. In the end, I started the day quickly with my eyes wide open.

I carefully reviewed the report, signed the documents, and got to work. It wasn't until late afternoon that I headed to the central square, the meeting place, to meet Dominic.

I wanted to take some time, so I got off the carriage and walked. This was because I felt like I wouldn't be able to calm down if I faced him right away after getting off the carriage.

Not long after, I saw Dominic Willock standing at the meeting place. He seemed to have arrived early and was waiting for me.

Dominic must have sensed my presence and raised his head.

“Lady Vice President”

He smiled brightly and waved his hand at me. The sight was so bright that it felt foreign.

I looked at the right hand of the person approaching me. Have you decided to just take it easy now?

He wasn't even wearing gloves. Under the late summer sunlight, the blue ring twinkled like a star. 

"You came earlier than the promised time. It's a good thing I arrived first and waited."

"... Good afternoon, Dominic."

I naturally looked away from his right hand and greeted him. Although I had already decided, I had no intention of letting him know that I knew his secret. Because it will only arouse suspicion in the male lead.

But I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in my mouth. The voice also seems to be cracked somehow.

I tried to smile. Dominic then began to explain the attack he had been investigating.

"The workshop we will be visiting today has about ten employees working there. Although the number of employees is small, each individual is highly skilled and the size of the workshop itself is appropriate. I think there will be no problem in meeting the quantity as long as the number of people is sufficient. It takes about two hours by carriage from here, so if we leave now, we won't be late."

Previously, I would have been delighted with his positive attitude and praised him as Mr. Dominic. But right now, I just pursed my lips bitterly.

There was something I had to say before it was too late.

"You walked all the way here, but did you leave your carriage behind? If you don't have a carriage, would you like to ride with me in the one I borrowed?" 

"Hey, Dominic. Before that, I have something to tell you. Well, actually..."

"Mr Willock?"

The moment I made up my mind and opened the door, I heard a voice calling Dominic from behind me.

I reflexively looked back. And it stopped in place as if struck by lightning.

"Uh...?"

Wait for a second.

How......?

"Long time no see. It's so nice to meet you by chance."

How can Calix Altemir be behind me?

Calix Altemir, fully dressed from head to toe, was approaching us.

***

I was dumbfounded. I wondered what was happening now.

Why is Calix here?

Calix is Dominic who is next to me right now!

"Duke Altemir! No, what is this? How were you..."

Mr. Dominic passed me and approached Calix. Calix naturally took the hand he held out. It was a very heartwarming sight.

Except me, who couldn't accept the situation.

"How have you been so far? Long time no see. I should have come to see you at least once."

"Haha, no. Isn't Mr. Willock always busy?"

"Even if I say I'm busy, I guess I'll just be the Duke."

The two even seemed to have a perfect relationship. You said we had done business together before.

Since it was a representative successful business of Calix, which was mentioned in the original work, the profits received by Mr. Dominic must have been significant.

No, but Dominic is Calix... 

Ah...

I couldn't hide my embarrassment as something I thought was obvious was denied right before my eyes.

Calix, who was happily chatting with Mr. Dominic, suddenly looked at me as if he had belatedly noticed my presence.

I hastily lowered my head.

"Hello, Duke."

"Lady Rosenia was also there. Did you have a good day that day?"

"Yes. Thanks for your concern..."

I glanced at Calix's right hand. There was nothing in his right hand. Instead, there was a ring on his left hand.

The blue ring I was so suspicious of.

And then I realized.

The ring he is wearing is a little different in shape from the ring Dominic is wearing.

"..."

I was stunned.

Without realizing it, I turned my head and looked for Mr. Dominic. Dominic, who made eye contact, smiled softly as if asking why.

For a moment, a feeling of guilt came over me.

... How dare you mistake my precious investor for nothing more than a male lead! 

"Where were you two going?"

"Yes. This time, I will be working with Pierre merchant, and I am on my way to conduct an on-site inspection with the owner of the merchant."

"Okay."

Calix curled his mouth as if he were embarrassed by Mr. Dominic's soft answer. He slightly turned his gaze to look at me, and his face seemed as if he was asking me if I had decided to cancel the contract. 

I couldn't react at all. I was so embarrassed that my facial expression didn't come out properly.

Fortunately, Mr. Dominic spoke to Calix.

"And the Duke, you look really cool today too. Are you going somewhere nice?"

"Oh, yes. I have some business to attend to at the Duke of Montrose."

Calix took his gaze away from me and answered slowly. At the same time, I realized one thing.

Today is the day when the female lead's birthday banquet is held!

In the original, Rosenia was not invited to Estelle's birthday banquet. It was natural.

This was because he had been self-reflecting and had not been seen in social circles, and he had no personal relationship with Estelle.

There was no reason for Estelle to invite Rosenia, who was even rumored to be strange. Of course, when Rosenia hears that the Crown Prince she loves is attending the female lead's birthday banquet, she storms into the banquet hall.

'I can't believe I'm still like this even when I'm out of my mind.'

Even though Estelle didn't invite me, how could I have forgotten such an important event? 

To make a little excuse, ever since I started to suspect the relationship between Dominic and Calix, all my attention was focused on that.

Anyway, now Calix is going to the Duke's residence to attend Estelle's birthday banquet.

Everything is the same as the original. The main characters were all moving according to the framework of the original work.

I, the possessed person, was just playing alone.

For a moment, I felt my blood run cold. Really, everything was my illusion and doubt.

"Duke! I brought the items you mentioned. Please get in the carriage."

Just then, a servant carrying a large gift package returned looking for him.

"Then..." 

Calix nodded in greeting and left as if he had no regrets. The carriage carrying him is moving further and further away.

"Then shall we go too, Vice President?"

I saw Mr. Dominic calling me. I looked at his sweetly smiling face as if asking why, then looked down and looked at his ring again.

It definitely looked a little different from the one Calix was wearing. 

'If even this is a situation that Calix deliberately created to avoid my suspicions...'

Stop!

I hit my forehead with my palm. Mr. Dominic flinched in surprise. 

"My Lady? Are you okay?" 

"Yes, it's nothing."

Let's stop doubting. If I doubt it anymore, I will live without trusting anyone. The two people's rings definitely look different. And I didn't see any other magic in the original that could change one's appearance other than the ring.

So the correct answer is that Dominic and Calix are completely different people.

"I'm going to be late. Come on, let's go. You should also review the contract before you arrive."

I shook off my thoughts and smiled brightly at him. Now I promise to trust him wholeheartedly.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!



Comments