TVTLQ - Chapter 32

TVTLQ - Chapter 32

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Yes!"

Are you serious?

"Duke, can you do it? Please speak well to Her Highness the Princess. I wanted to quit for a long time, but my father told me to stay still for now because it wasn't time for my brother to return."

"Of course, the Marquis would say that."

"Too bad! Are you also taking my father's side, Duke?"

“No... no.”

He wiped his face with a tired expression. I grunted louder on purpose so he could be heard.

"It's not like I can't do Lady's favor."

And Calix bit the bait I threw.

"All you have to do is transfer the contract signed by Pierre Merchants to Alter Merchants. Even the workshops and factories that decided to produce the products."

"Really?" 

"Yes. There may be a penalty, but the Lady said you were having a hard time, so of course the Marquis would pay. Don't worry too much. I will try to reduce it as much as possible."

That's probably true. But I smiled brightly.

"I only trust the Duke!"

"But are you really okay? Even if you quit like this..."

"Sure. Duke, I feel refreshed inside. Oh, by the way, Duke. I have a question."

"What else?"

"I have a contract that I personally signed, so I can just tear it up, right?"

I took out a neatly folded piece of paper from my bag. Calix's eyes fell on the paper I took out. I deliberately opened the contract halfway and then folded it again.

It was a brief moment, but it was enough for Calix to see the words 'Exclusive Contract' written at the top of the paper.

"I'm going to quit my job at the top anyway, so I can tear it up." 

"Now, just wait a moment, Lady Rosenia!"

Calix urgently caught me as I grabbed the upper part of the contract and was about to tear it up. I blinked as if wondering why.

Calix whispered quickly without taking his eyes off my hand. 

"What are you trying to do now?"

"I'm trying to tear up the contract."

"Well, the contract is not broken like that."

"Ah, but it's okay! This is a contract purchased at the Magic Tower." 

I smiled brightly as if to tell him not to worry.

"If the contract is torn, a signal is sent immediately to the bank. Post-processing is possible without having to see the face. It's hard to see his face because I already have to cancel the contract. Magic is very convenient, isn't it?"

Then, as if to deliberately provoke him, I gently waved the tightly folded document. Calix's expression hardened slightly.

I spoke slowly.

"You said there was some additional function there, what was it?"

"... The moment it is destroyed, a signal is sent not only to the bank but also to the two contractors."

"Oh, that's right! They say the fireworks explode like firecrackers. It's really amazing."

The magic tower contract has several effects. For example, if promised terms are violated or the contract is terminated, the contractor pays a price. There were many scary contracts that involved every inch of my body.

Of course, the contract I signed with Mr. Dominic was not of that kind. My body is the most precious to me, so I couldn't sign a contract that would risk my body.

It was just assumed that signals would be sent to each other and financial compensation would be paid.

Calix looked at the paper in my hand with a stern expression.

Why would you do that? If he wasn't Dominic, there wouldn't be any problem.

If Calix is Dominic, a signal will be sent to him as soon as I tear up the contract, so he will definitely stop me somehow. 

I very slowly pulled the contract back and forth, watching his reaction.

Crack...

"Stop!"

The moment the top part of the contract was torn ever so slightly, Calix grabbed my wrist. I looked at him silently.

He slowly let go of my hand and excused himself.

"... Anyway, that's not how you break the contract. It is against etiquette."

"But it's hard to see the two of you together. Or could the Duke come with him?"

"Yes?"

"Anyway, the Duke said he would take over the contract and handle it for me. Wouldn't it be nice if this contract were transferred as is? If the three of us meet, I think I can be brave."

"That too, but I think it will take some time."

Calix, who had suddenly become calm again, whispered softly.

"Because the next gift preparation is right around the corner. Wouldn't many people be shocked if the provider suddenly changed? Everyone involved in this contract will be very heartbroken, especially Her Highness the Princess, who is about to get married." 

"Uhm..."

"I think the first thing to do is to speak to Her Highness the Princess and confirm Her Highness's intention. If it's okay with you, Lady, I'll take care of that. How do you feel?"

"I can't help it since the Duke says that. I will follow what the Duke says. So what do I do with this contract? Can't I tear it?"

"Yes. Never tear it."

Calix asked me again and again. He didn't look away until I calmly took the contract back. After that, it was all smooth sailing.

He first told me to wait for him to contact me and then sent me straight into the carriage.

I was kicked out of Alter Company in an instant and thought about him.

Mr. Dominic is probably Calix Altemir. And that too with a very high probability.

Come to think of it, after I signed the contract with Mr. Dominic, the correspondence from Calix stopped.

"Right."

I took out the contract I had taken with me. When the parchment was opened wide, a piece of paper was revealed with nothing written on it other than the already established format.

In the first place, this wasn't even a contract I signed with Dominic.

What idiot always carries around an already-written contract?

Buuuk...

I tore up the blank paper. I crumpled the paper that was torn in half. I didn't even want to see it. Whether it's a contract or a male lead.

***

Viscount Gray was the family that most closely followed the Duke of Altemir for generations.

The family's eldest son, Dominic Gray, also took on Duke Calix Altemir as his master from a very young age.

He took pride in what he did. He couldn't be more proud if he took care of even the smallest details that the owner didn't pay attention to and the owner was satisfied with it.

Therefore, Dominic planned to do his best to help with Calix's somewhat incomprehensible 'marriage' plan.

"Please wait here for a moment. I will come pick you up right away."

After carefully placing Rosenia in the best room in the headquarters, Dominic ran towards Calix's room.

Although it was a sudden visit, it did not mean that we were completely unprepared.

In any case, wasn't the Duke confident that Lady Pierre was in love with him?

He thought that maybe a chance meeting like this could happen. 

Bang-!

"Duke!"

Isn't that why they put so much effort into decorating Calix Altemir every day? 

Since ancient times, a good appearance has been an essential requirement when seducing people. It was a dirty side of the world, but that was the reality anyway.

Even if you say the same thing, if a pretty and handsome person says it, it's bound to attract more attention. 

Today too, Calix, who had become a beautiful peacock according to Dominic's plan, slowly raised his head.

He frowned slightly as if he was displeased with his fuss, but even that seemed elegant and dignified. Dominic shouted, thinking that his theory was not wrong. 

"She's here!"

"Who?"

“Miss Rosenia Pierre!”

Calix quickly stood up from his seat. Dominic hurriedly guided him at the silent command to take the lead. 

"Cheer up, Duke!"

This is the first time that Rosenia has visited Calix. Dominic cheered for Calix with all his heart. It was my hope that the two of them would become closer than before, whether he was talking about business or something else.

That's why Dominic deliberately left only two people in the room and waited in the next room.

"Duke, is Lady Pierre truly a talent worthy of your praise?"

Dominic, standing in front of Calix who was seated, asked with genuine curiosity.


Previous            Next

Comments

  1. Wow she is sharp as a tack! Not gonna let an ML get away with starting a relationship under false pretense this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. İt was so good 💕 thanks for the chapters❤️❤️🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment