TVTLQ - Chapter 31

TVTLQ - Chapter 31

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Why are you doing this? It's a strangely burdensome look.

"Can I see the Duke now?"

"Sure! We will be able to meet you right now. I will guide you personally."

"May I? I think there are many people waiting to meet the Duke."

Viscount Gray smiled brightly as he glanced at the numerous people still gathered on the first floor.

"You don't have to worry about it. Because you are different from those people. You can follow me this way."

He guided me inside the building. The people who were yelling at me to leave the lobby looked at me, who had suddenly gotten a free pass.

I felt uncomfortable for no reason. I was anxious about receiving special treatment. I feel like I'm connected to the male lead in some way.

"Please wait here for a moment. I will come pick you up right away."

The place he took me was a small art gallery-like room. There were huge paintings by famous masters hanging on every wall.

The beautiful artwork installed throughout the room overwhelmed me.

They all look grand and very expensive.

There must be regular rooms other than these. Considering why you brought me here.

"Are we trying to suppress the momentum in advance?"

The person you are about to meet is such an amazing person that he even has a collection like this.

So, if you come across Calix, crawl on your own.

This warning is given in advance.

He is also the Male Lead's aide. It's not that easy over there either.

Having come to a valid conclusion, I nodded and looked around the room again. Anyway, it was a good room for quiet threats.

Back at the top, I was thinking about making a living room like this when I heard a knock. As soon as I turned my head, the door opened.

And finally, Calix Altemir appeared.

***

When I met Calix, I tried to check his right hand first. I wonder if he is wearing the same ring as Dominic.

Empty.

And to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to his right hand. Because his appearance in front of me was so perfect.

He was wearing a dark blue suit. Wearing a suit of the right size without any distortion, he shined as if showing that he was the main character of this world.

The clothes were luxurious, and the people wearing them were also wearing them. The ankle bone slightly visible between the hem of the pants and the black shoes strangely attracted attention.

Is that it? 

He swept his black hair to one side and fixed it with pomade, and it looked crazy good.

Has Calix ever been this handsome?

I don't think it was like this when Nathaniel came to the top for damaging hotel property or when we met at the imperial palace.

I always thought I had to avoid male leads. But he was expressing such perfect beauty that even I was mesmerized.

Dark blue eyes under thick eyebrows slowly turned to me.

The moment I made eye contact with him, I realized too late that I had been holding my breath for a moment.

Phew, I exhaled quietly.

As oxygen was supplied again, my pounding heart calmed down a bit.

Before I knew it, he came in front of me and held out his hand to me.

"Good afternoon, Lady Rosenia."

Then, the corners of her eyes curled and he smiled, and for a moment I forgot what to say due to his dazzling beauty.

Standing among the works of art, Calix himself looked like a work of art. This room also has this purpose.

"Hello."

I finally came to my senses and grabbed the hand he held out.

"I'm sorry for visiting suddenly without contacting you. You were surprised, right?"

"Haha, not at all. Rather, it feels like a surprise gift and I am happy."

Calix smiled refreshingly, wondering what was so good about it. 

Refreshing, is that correct? Calix Altemir of the world?

Anyway, it looked very nice. So it was even more embarrassing. This was truly a tiger's den. 

Come to your senses, Rosenia.

I glanced at his right hand again.

'First of all, there is no ring...'

The fact that Calix has such a ring is based on the original work, so it seemed like he just didn't wear it today.

'I wish I could have checked if the rings were the same."

It's unfortunate, but there's nothing I can do.

I turned straight away.

"Actually, I came here because I have something I would like to tell the Duke." 

I was worried. How can I get rid of this awful doubt?

In fact, I had exhausted all possible methods of confirming their relationship without giving away that I knew the secret of the ring.

At that point, it was right to trust Dominic.

But my heart keeps speaking. Don't believe it like this. Please check a little more. Even if it means taking a little risk, see to the end. Even if it seems contrived and strange, try creating a situation from which the other person cannot escape.

For example, a situation where an already written magic tower contract had to be torn up in front of him.

'Whoa.'

Calix should not be questioned for reasonable reasons. Then, I could actually be suspected.

To him, I must be a woman who is lacking in some way.

If Calix is Mr. Dominic he can run away in shock at my stupidity. 

Calix has already suggested joint investment to me several times.

Even if he had purely seen some potential in me and recommended a joint venture, I had no intention of joining him.

So, in order to properly shake off Calix, it seemed like it would be a good idea to pretend to be unreliable.

I used self-hypnosis.

From now on, I am a daughter with no sense of reality who thinks everything my brother does is cool.

But when I actually started working, it was so hard that I became an immature Young Lady who wanted to quit!

"Duke."

"Yes."

"Would it be okay for the Duke to take charge of Pierre instead of me?"

"Yes...?"

Calix blinked his eyes. It seemed like he didn't understand what I was saying.

I grumbled, making as stupid a face as possible.

"I can't do it. It's hard, and they tell me to do this and that."

"My Lady?"

"What is this? I thought I just had to give cool instructions."

I thought it would be easy to imitate, but it was harder than I thought.

Umm, what did Nathaniel say before?

Oh, that's right!

"Isn't the original job done by the employees below you? Why are you asking me to meet Her Highness the Princess? I don't want to work anymore. Please have the Duke do it for me."

"Now, wait a minute. Lady Rosenia. What on earth are you talking about?"

Calix urgently stopped my rampage.

I was so embarrassed that I stuttered for words. But I didn't stop. I'm not finished talking yet. 

"The Duke asked me to work together before."

"I'm sure I said that before, but...!"

"Then you should help me. Why don't you help me? I don't want to work at the top anymore. I couldn't stop because Her Highness the Princess was picking on me and talking about it. Still, if you say that the Duke will take charge of it for me, Her Royal Highness can tell me that she will understand."

"I don't understand what's going on right now. Why are you suddenly saying this?"

"Working at the top isn't that cool or fun. I don't want to do it anymore."

I spoke confidently.

So much so that the listener is left speechless. 

Calix, who was actually speechless, gaped. Although there was a distance from my actions recently, the real Rosenia was actually close to the image I am currently imitating.

She's selfish, emotional, and jealous of the female lead. People who knew Rosenia before I possessed her will probably be more familiar with this appearance.

Calix, who must have heard about Rosenia's stalker behavior through his friend, may also be more familiar with me like this now.

Calix looked at my expression as if checking the truth of what I was saying.

"Are you serious?"



Previous            Next


Support Novellate!



Comments