TVTLQ - Chapter 30

TVTLQ - Chapter 30

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Hey, there's something I want to ask you."

"Yes. Please tell me."

"Have you ever thought of making this dressmaking shop bigger?"

Blanc's eyebrows rose and fell slightly as if he thought my question was unexpected.

He said as he put down my share of tea on the table.

"There are no plans yet."

"So what you're saying is that if you get the chance, you'd like to expand the store?"

"Of course, the bigger my shop gets, the better. But I think I'm still busy just maintaining this small store. Plus, rather than spending time running a big store, I want to spend more time designing new clothes."

In addition to having the professional calling of a designer, you are someone who has no practical time.

Well, as the scale grows, there is a lot more work to do just to manage it.

Seeing that it is still operated on a reservation system gave me an idea of what the situation was like. 

"Hmm..."

I crossed my legs and was lost in thought.

As much as I liked this dressmaker, I wanted to run it on a large scale.

The design is formal and elegant without being burdensome.

'We don't handle clothing at our top, but...'

If you can't handle it, I can do it. Besides, I also needed to create my own area that I was in charge of anyway.

If you were to make the clothing industry bigger, that would be it, right?

Commonly referred to as an SPA, it is a specialized retail store that oversees everything from manufacturing to production and distribution.

Usually, when luxury brands introduce new designs every season, brands copy them and sell them at a low price. Like that, wouldn't it be possible to make Dentsu's clothing relatively inexpensively and provide it to the market?

 It is not targeted at nobles but at the general public.

If possible, open a large store in a place with a lot of floating population.

Dentsu is the capital's leading men's clothing tailor, but its prices are high and the barrier to entry is high, so not everyone can access it.

If people could purchase clothes similar to Dentsu's designs at a low price, people would feel satisfied.

There are commoners who admire nobles in every era and everywhere.

"The new brand will be supplied at a low price, so I think it would be a good idea for Dentsu to raise its prices.'

The price is being raised to a level that is truly eye-popping. Then, the price itself can be an indicator of the luxury of the product.

Although they sell similar designs, they are clearly differentiated.

In any case, the original Dentsu customers would be high-ranking nobles. Money was not a big issue for them.

"What would it be like if you could focus on design creation, increase the size of your store, and have fewer things to manage than before?"

"It's like a dream, but is it possible?"

"Maybe it's possible. If a top company sees Dentsu's potential and pushes you."

I smiled and stood up.

"When the gloves are finished, bring them to the top of Pierre. You just have to say that you have brought the goods that the Vice president ordered."

"All right. What will your name be, vice president?"

"It's me."

Blanc's eyes widened for a moment. He seemed surprised to hear that the woman, who looked young at first glance, was a fairly famous top merchant.

However, he quickly changed his expression as if showing off his abilities.

"All right. We will deliver it on time."

I like it too.

I said with a smile on my face.

"It would be a good idea to think about my suggestion until then. Take your time and think about it. Of course, I made this suggestion with confidence."

"Yes. I will think about it seriously."

"I'm looking forward to it."

I came out of the dressmaker's shop with a bell ringing.

The driver who was killing time outside the store suddenly approached me.

"Have you finished all your business?"

“Huh. Um, no.”

I've finished one thing, but there's still the most important thing left.

They say that if you want to catch a tiger, you have to go to the tiger's den. I have to do it anyway, I have to go catch that tiger now.

***

The place I was heading to in the carriage was not home. It wasn't even Pierre's top.

Instead, I came to the headquarters of the Alter Company, run by Calix Altemir, the empire's largest merchant and southern leader.

"And..."

In front of a huge building boasting an enormous scale, I unconsciously exhaled admiration.

It's enormous. The number of floors is also very high.

I used to say that I would beat Alter Company out of habit, but I had never been here before.

That's because this was the male lead's area that I had to avoid the most.

But that was the wrong choice.

I had to come here at least once. Only then would I have been able to clearly understand how far I should raise Pierre.

'It's completely large corporations versus small and medium-sized businesses.'

I felt dizzy for a moment due to the enormous gap.

Can I beat this kind of competition?

No. Let's not shout out the seconds before we even start. I am not just small or medium. The unicorn is about to spread its wings.

"Phew."

I let out a heavy sigh and entered the commercial building.

The commercial building was as amazing as it looked from the outside. Many people were walking around frantically and seemed busy.

No one paid special attention to me.

There were already too many visitors screaming for me to pay attention to them.

"This is truly a groundbreaking product! Just by taking this medicine regularly, your skin will improve and you will lose weight! Even hair grows!"

"Oh, I see. Have you made a reservation for a visit?"

"It's not true, but I'm sure the Lord of the Sangwon's eyes will light up when he sees this medicine. After hearing the story once..." 

"If you haven't made a reservation, please fill out this piece of paper first." 

There are people who have medicine bottles lined up on the desk and start talking.

"Hmm, do you know who I am?" 

"I'm sorry, but I don't know. Have you made a reservation for a visit?"

"It's me. It is the fighting spirit of the South. It means that he is an investment genius. Anyway, there is one correct case this time. Are there any top stocks now?" 

"If you haven't made a reservation, please fill out this piece of paper first."

There were also people who pretended to be there with all kinds of arrogance.

I was blocked by the staff's answers, which all seemed to be automatic answers.

If I say I came to see Calix, won't I be treated the same way?

In fact, if you wanted to meet Calix, you could go to Duke Altemir's residence.

But I don't want to go there even if I die.

When I go to the Duke's residence, it seems like I have personal business with Calix, not official business.

It is also a very private space.

Even now, I only came to Calix to resolve my suspicions regarding my precious investor, Mr. Dominic.

Other than that, I had no desire to become personally involved.

Unlike my energetic approach, I hesitated in a corner of the building.

But on that day, there was someone who recognized me and approached me.

"Are you by any chance Miss Rosenia Pierre?"

"Who..."

He was a man with dark brown hair and an ordinary appearance.

Although it was my first time seeing him, I was embarrassed because he pretended to know me.

Is he an acquaintance of Rosenia that I don't know about?

But when I look back on my memories, no one comes to mind.

The person who approached cautiously immediately took off his hat as if he was rude.

"Sorry. My introduction is late. I am Duke Altemir's assistant... This is Viscount Grey."

Calix's aide?

In response to the polite greeting, I quickly grabbed the hem of my dress.

"Hello. Nice to see you. This is Rosenia Pierre."

"I didn't expect to see you here, so I thought maybe I was mistaken. How did you get here? Have you come to see the Duke?"

 "Oh, yes."

 It has already happened. As he nodded slowly, Viscount Gray's eyes sparkled inexplicably.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!



Comments